Good TOS/McCoy fiction- where?

Stephanie Souders

Nov 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/15/98
I'm looking for some good TOS fiction, particularly centering on McCoy.
If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Stephanie

Randy Landers

Nov 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/15/98
Plenty of McCoy fiction on our Classic Trek site. URL listed below.
Look for the authors: Chris Dickenson and Rick Endres had some very
memorable stories about the good doctor. Also check out our fanzine,
ANTARES 1, which featured him quite prominently (those stories are NOT
available on the Internet for another couple of years).

--
Randy Landers
ORION PRESS

DataLaur

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
>I'm looking for some good TOS fiction, particularly centering on McCoy.

Read anything by Sydvick. It'll knock your socks off. Also jonk's
(jo...@best.com) Prelude in C Minor. Unfortunately I don't have urls or I'd
give em. That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.

laur

"Do you ever get into a state of uncontrollable drool?" (TR-i)

MELIR2

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
May I add that the story "Betrayed" published by Orion Press this year is
primarily focused on McCoy. The unfinished version/unpolished version has some
parts archived on the net however, the official and what I feel is my best work
was published by Orion Press. The story revolves around McCoy who is
sentenced to hard labor for life for causing the deaths of thousands of lives
on a planet. Kirk has difficulty dealing with this loss of his friend and
retreats from the crew as he attempts to exonerate his friend. It turned out
to be better example than is normal for me and Lynn of showing how the
Enterprise crew can work together, pulling Scotty, Uhura Sulu and Chekov into
the action in an attempt to assist Kirk and Spock. It does include lots of
hurt/comfort.
I haven't heard from anyone who's actually read the final, finished version of
Betrayed so I'm not sure how well it was received. But if you like McCoy (I be
a McCoy fan) then this might be worth your time.
Mary

Randy Landers

Nov 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/16/98
Mary Rottler says

Might I add DOH!!! I have no idea why BETRAYED slipped my mind, and
it has sold quite well, Mary, even to some folks who first enjoyed it
on the net.

Ann Zewen

Nov 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/17/98
>Mary Rottler says
><<May I add that the story "Betrayed" published by Orion Press this
>year is
>primarily focused on McCoy. The unfinished version/unpolished version
>has some
>parts archived on the net however, the official and what I feel is my
>best work
>was published by Orion Press

To which Randy Landers replied:

>Might I add DOH!!! I have no idea why BETRAYED slipped my mind, and
>it has sold quite well, Mary, even to some folks who first enjoyed it
>on the net.

And I'll add that I just returned from Farpoint, where Betrayed, despite
being available since June, was our second-best selling zine at the con
(trailing only Chekov's Enterprise, which was making its con debut).

Betrayed is an excellent example of both a McCoy story and of classic-style
hurt-comfort. A wonderful read.

Another wonderful McCoy-focused novella now available from Orion Press is
Holly Trueblood's "The Dorian Solution." Both zines are available from Randy
at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~randylanders

--
Ann
"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." _ Dennis Miller