I miss the ASC awards

Philippe de la Matraque

Apr 1, 2021, 8:12:59 PM4/1/21
Too bad we're not doing those anymore. I miss them. And so far, it
looks like I'd be a sure win for Best DS9 Gen story. ;-) Seeing as The
Honored is the only one posted so far this year.

Gabrielle
aka Philippe de la Matraque.

Seema

Apr 2, 2021, 9:28:05 AM4/2/21
For sure that was a great tradition! I definitely look back on them fondly.

I’ve seen some great stories posted to the Archive of Our Own. It’s so great to see the Trek fanfic community thriving there. Plenty of ASC writers are still writing and posting there - great to see (and read!).

Alan Heah

Dec 3, 2021, 6:30:29 AM12/3/21
Seemag:

Yes, I also wish that Gabrielle/Philippe had won for DS9 this year.

But who am I to say so, I have returned so rarely from the dead.

I chanced upon one final reference to me years ago, 'twas Ster Julie I think,
and yet I have not replied and called out to all of you.

What happened to me was I could not make a living as a personal online publisher,
went back to teaching, ran out of time to be a ghost in cyberspace,

till Covid brought me crashing onto LinkedIn to struggle for an income,
doing my dialogue through writing that I love.

But this persistent incarnation of me won't let me go, so I had to honestly catch up on Finding Home,
and finishing Honored, though I struggled to resume for a year.

An even better 2022 to all!

Philippe de la Matraque

May 7, 2023, 3:41:36 AM5/7/23
I do post to AO3. I also still post to Fanfiction.net but I don't read there. Too many ads. I have readers there so I don't want to abandon it. All my stories are on AO3 now as well. They're getting a decent following. First Consideration is still my most popular story by Kudos/Faves.

Incidentally, I also started a podcast where I read my stories and talk about writing. It's called There Are Three of Me and it has all my completed stories now. I'm working on posting Finding Home. I have 4 chapters up.

SLWatson

May 23, 2023, 5:30:37 PM5/23/23
We now have Ad Astra up and running on OTW-Archive, the same software as AO3. We also have forums, and Discord, and challenges. So, feel free to give us a look. Just make sure you read the FAQs before posting.

https://beta.adastrafanfic.com