NEW "Not Good, Not Good At All" 2/2 (TNG, P/C) [PG-13]

TrexPhile

Mar 9, 2002, 1:12:25 PM3/9/02
TITLE: Not Good, Not Good At All
AUTHOR: TrexPhile (trxp...@mindspring.com)
PART: 2/2
SERIES: TNG
CODES: P/C with some R/T thrown in
RATING: PG-13
SUMMARY: Riker and Troi are getting married.

Disclaimer in part 1/2.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Beverly stood for a moment staring at Jean-Luc until she realized that he
was removing his shirt. Blushing, she turned away. She wished there was a
curtain, another room, anywhere else she could disrobe but there was none.
Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of her shoes, then she reached behind
and unfastened the closure of her dress. Another deep breath and in one
swift motion, she pulled the dress off her shoulders and stepped out of it.
Looking around, she found a peg from which to hang it, then, moving as
quickly as possible, she unhooked her bra and removed her underwear.
Pausing a moment, she finally hung both garments on the hook.

She closed her eyes, still facing away from the open doorway. 'Okay. This
is it,' she said to herself and turned around.

And saw two very naked male butts.

And those butts were moving away from her.

She didn't have time to think. She glanced at her face in the mirror
beside the doorway, checking her makeup and hair. She wished fleetingly
that she had a bouquet to carry -- a really big bouquet -- as she stepped
into the doorway.

The butts were halfway down the aisle. When they reached the front of the
room and turned, it would be her cue to begin her processional.

The chapel was beautifully decorated, flowers and plants everywhere, a
large fountain flowing musically at the front. Every seat was filled and
the audience was hushed in expectant appreciation of the ceremony. But
Beverly saw none of that. Her eyes were glued on one of the receding
butts.

It was a very nice butt. Small and well-formed. Quite muscular, actually.
She watched it intently as it moved away from her, her eyes following as it
moved up even with the first row of seats and then disappeared from sight
as it crossed in front of the people seated there. She was startled as she
raised her gaze to see Jean-Luc's face staring back at her.

She took a cleansing breath, raised her chin and stepped forward.

----

So far, so good. He was more relaxed now, realizing that Will's words were
true -- when everyone else is as nude as you are, you don't feel nude at
all. Hands behind his back, feet firmly planted, he faced the audience.
He was beginning to feel quite comfortable now, yes indeed. He smiled just
a bit and looked toward the open doorway at the back where a tall figure
was silhouetted.

The figure began to move and his heart stuttered. 'Where do I look??' he
thought frantically. 'At the audience? At her? Oh merde, merde. Focus
on her face, just her face.'

The back row was turning to see Beverly as she walked past them. Jean-Luc
felt a flash of anger and was surprised by it. They were staring at her,
unabashedly leering at her nude figure! His jaw clenched and he focused on
the back wall. He would at least show some restraint, some dignity. *He*
wouldn't stare.

He heard something from the front row and automatically looked down.
Deanna was there in her prescribed spot, naked of course, hair pulled back
in a white band. She was twisted slightly in her seat, smiling as she
watched her best friend make her way to the front.

He couldn't help himself. He looked too.

She was beautiful. Her hair was pulled back in a white band like Deanna's
but wisps had escaped, framing her regal but tense face. Without thinking,
he scanned the rest of her and delighted in what he saw. Her skin seemed
translucent, pale and smooth. Long legs, lusciously long. Her fingertips
grazed a bare thigh as they swung just slightly with her proud stride, and
he shivered, feeling those fingers on his own thigh. Such long lines, so
well-balanced, just right, perfectly feminine. He swallowed, feeling heat
rise to his face and looked at her face as she reached the first row.

She was looking straight back at him.

He looked away, ashamed, as she took her place on the other side of Will.

"I summon you to the place of marriage." They were the first words that
had been spoken, and he was startled to hear Beverly's voice. Out of the
corner of his eye, he saw her slender white arm extended and beckoning the
bride to join them. He heard a muffled sob and a moaned "Oh, my little
one," and saw Lwaxana beside Deanna, hands clasped in front of her mouth,
tears rolling down her cheeks.

Deanna hugged her mother, then stood, and he watched her step up beside
Will, both smiling so hard that their faces looked as if they might split
in half. They all turned and faced the clergyman -- who was naked as well
-- and he found himself positioned so that he was angled in somewhat. And
where he could see Beverly fully, standing on the other side of Deanna.

----

'That wasn't so bad,' Beverly thought, 'and it's much better now that I
have my back to the audience.' She kept her head up and eyes focused on
the clergyman who was now chanting something in ancient Betaza. She could
see that Deanna was already crying and Will kept clearing his throat.
Amused, she ducked her head just a bit and smiled, then looked farther over
to her left.

She could see him. All of him. He was angled inward and she could see
everything.

Well, almost everything. He had his hands clasped at his groin, covering
it. She looked away, her throat suddenly dry. *Almost* covering it. She
felt the blood rush to her face. His hands were large but they still
weren't large enough to totally conceal.... oh my. Feeling brazen, she
peeked again. His chest was covered with a generous amount of silvery
curly hair. She wondered what it felt like, thinking that she would prefer
it to be coarse, not soft. Coarse, thick, manly. His forearms were hairy
as well, she saw, and she could see the muscles and veins stretching the
skin. Her gaze moved up his arms to his shoulder and she held her breath
as she admired the inherent strength lying just beneath the skin. Strong
arms, arms that would feel so good wrapped around her, lifting her,
pressing her against a wall as he...

She snapped her gaze back to the clergyman's face. Focus. Must focus.

----

He couldn't understand a word of what was being said and his attention
wandered, his eyes following. She was standing very still, hands clasped
in front of her, head down just a bit. And was she smiling? Well, of
course she was. This was a wedding, after all -- a joyous occasion.

Her eyes were focused on the clergyman's face so he took the opportunity to
look at her again. He almost smiled as he realized that yes, she was
definitely a true redhead. Well, he'd never doubted that. Her arms were
pressing against the sides of her breasts, pushing them together, and from
this angle they seemed fuller than he'd expected, tipped in rosy points
almost the same shade as her hair. They were a perfect size, he decided,
just right for her slim figure. He wondered what they would feel like in
his hands, wondered how large her nipples would grow when teased....

He felt a twitch beneath his hands and was instantly appalled. Good god,
he couldn't let this happen. He was *naked.* He was supposed to be a
dignified Starfleet captain standing witness to his first officer's
wedding, and instead he was ogling his CMO and thinking inappropriate
thoughts. Never mind that she was naked. Everyone else was too. He was
disgusted with himself.

What was that old phrase? "Think of England"? Yes, that would do it. No,
it wouldn't. He'd had a very... memorable encounter with a young lady
during a trip to England right before he'd entered the academy. Bad
choice. Definitely.

What else? Ferengi teeth. That was pretty bad. Worf's body odor after a
hard workout. Yes, that would do. He felt himself relax as he focused on
the clergyman's face and thought of mashing a boil on a Cardassian's neck.

----

Beverly was tired of standing and tired of feeling so exposed. She wanted
to unclasp her hands and stretch her arms and sit down somewhere. She
wondered how Jean-Luc was holding up.

She could see that he was watching the clergyman's face closely. Maybe he
understood Betaza. She took another opportunity to check him out. His
hands were still performing genital guard duty but she could still see
enough to make her want to lick her lips. 'I wonder if he's a grower or a
shower,' she thought suddenly and felt a delirious giggle expanding her
chest. If he was a grower, well... DAMN.

Her gaze flicked up to his face and she felt a cold wave paralyze her.

His eyes were moving up and down her body. He was no longer frowning. His
lips were just slightly parted and just barely curving upward as if he were
about to speak or smile. She stood stock-still, her eyes riveted on his
face.

And then he was looking straight into her eyes.

Neither broke away.

She raised an eyebrow at him.

----

She had caught him. He should reclaim the shreds of his dignity and look
away but he was incapable of doing so. She had speared him with her gaze
and he was irretrievably caught. Captured. Dangling helplessly from the
hook of her impending wrath. He was a dead man.

----

She was going to lose it. Right there in front of everybody. It was his
expression, that look of absolute naked terror, something she had never
expected to ever see on Jean-Luc Picard's face. And all because she'd
caught him looking at her titties.

It was just too funny. She felt her mouth quivering and she bit down hard
on her upper lip. But it was no use. Her lips spread until she was
smiling full on at him.

----

She was *smiling* at him. He couldn't believe it. What... what did that
mean?

Hesitantly, he returned the smile.

----

She glanced over at Will and Deanna. They were totally caught up in each
other and the clergyman's words, oblivious to the people beside them.

Beverly looked at Jean-Luc again, still smiling. She made sure he was
watching, and then she looked pointedly at his groin. Raising her eyes
slowly back up to his face, she raised her right hand just a bit and gave
him a thumbs-up signal.

His blush was charming, and she was forced to clench her lips together to
keep from giggling aloud.

----

Jean-Luc recovered quickly. He tilted his head slightly and let his gaze
stroll down her neck, stopping at her breasts, then downward, down and
across, casually and carefully, until he reached her feet. His eyes roamed
back up and refocused on her face.

Her mouth was open just a bit, eyes sparkling, and her head was tilted back
ever so slightly as if she was willingly offering herself up for his
consideration. With a devilish grin, he lifted his fingertips to his lips
to kiss them in the traditional French expression of approval. She could
even hear the quiet "mwah" sound he made.

It was her turn to blush.

Obediently, they returned their attention to the ceremony which seemed to
be finally near conclusion. But they still looked sideways at each other,
smiling the whole time, and, totally comfortable now, let their eyes roam
where they may.

The clergyman stepped back and said, in his first words in Standard, "The
couple is now married."

"Well done!" Jean-Luc exclaimed, applauding. Everyone else joined in.

The new couple turned to acknowledge the applause of the guests, and
Beverly and Jean-Luc moved in to stand behind them, clapping as they beamed
at each other.

----

"More comfortable now?"

Beverly looked up from her drink as Jean-Luc settled himself into the chair
beside her.

"Yes. Definitely. I see that you're back in your clothes as well."

"Yes, that's the first thing I did." He clasped his hands on the tabletop,
leaning on his elbows.

She smiled. "Me too."

"You didn't catch the hair band."

"No, I didn't. But then, I wasn't trying very hard to catch it."

"What's the significance of the bride tossing it? The woman who catches it
will marry next?"

Beverly took a sip of her drink. "No, it means that for whomever catches
it, the 'love of her life' will be at the ceremony." She studied the
swirls of orange and red in her glass.

"Ah," Jean-Luc said.

She could feel his eyes on her.

"I gather," he continued, "that you don't put much stock in such
traditions."

She shrugged, swirling the colored alcohol in the glass. "It's not that.
Traditions can be charming. I-- well, let's just say that I don't need a
hair band to tell me who the love of my life might be." She looked up at
him.

His eyes were sparkling, his expression soft. "No, I suppose we're both
too old and jaded for that sort of foolishness."

"Quite right, captain. I prefer to make those determinations myself."

"I don't know -- I think sometimes, such traditions can be just the
incentive that some people need."

She raised an eyebrow at him.

He rose and offered his hand.

"Would you like to take a walk with me? There's no moon, of course, but
the grounds are beautifully lit."

She took his hand and stood. "I would like that very much, Jean-Luc."

They strolled through the grounds arm in arm. There were other couples and
small groups scattered about, all Betazoid judging by their silent
communication. Beverly soaked up the peaceful quiet of their surroundings
and the solid warmth of the man beside her.

They approached a low stone wall that marked the perimeter. Resting their
forearms on its uneven cool surface, they looked out at the city below.

"I was nervous about the ceremony," Jean-Luc said.

She ducked her head and smiled. "I was too. I was afraid-- I was nervous
about being naked like that in front of so many people."

He didn't answer right away. She looked over at him and felt something
inside her melt at the sight of his proud profile silhouetted against the
deep purple horizon. He really was magnificent.

"I was..." His lips hardly moved and his voice was so soft she could
barely hear it. "I was nervous about being naked in front of you."

Her heart fluttered in her throat. "I know. So was I. I didn't want you
to see me, see how... old and imperfect I am."

He turned, his expression one of surprise. "Imperfect? Beverly, how-- I
don't expect you to be 'perfect.' And as for 'old,' well... let's not
forget that I'm nineteen years your senior. I am, conceivably, old enough
to be your father. 'Old' is not a term I would use to describe you."

She was smiling again. "All right, I grant you that, Jean-Luc, but you
must admit -- I'm no longer in the prime of youth. Exposing my...
'imperfections' to you so publicly wasn't how I'd hoped you'd see me the
first time."

His eyebrow shot up and she felt her cheeks burning.

"That's not quite what I meant, Jean-Luc... What I mean is that we've been
friends for so long and out of everyone there, your opinion is the one that
matters most to me. And it wasn't the best... scenario for that sort of
thing, you know?" She stopped, flustered, and stared out at the city.

"I think you're stunning," he said, his voice gruff with emotion.
"Clothed, unclothed, it doesn't matter. You still take my breath away."

She swallowed hard, the lights of the city suddenly swimming before her
eyes. Screwing up her courage, she turned to face him.

"Thank you," she whispered and reached out to touch his cheek. He smiled
back at her, then opened his arms. She stepped into his embrace and
shivered as she felt those strong arms encircle her and press her into his
warmth.

She thought of the other things she'd imagined those arms doing and smiled
against his neck.

Pulling away, she placed a soft, brief kiss on his lips. "I was thinking
of something, Jean-Luc."

"Yes, Beverly?" His reply was soft.

She placed her hand on his elbow and began leading him away from the wall.
"Well, since neither of us was thrilled about the circumstances of the
ceremony -- you know, being naked that way -- I was thinking that we should
try it again under more controlled circumstances. Without so many others
present. Lwaxana's house is a bit crowded, but your room is right next to
mine and I'm sure that privacy won't be a problem."

He stopped abruptly causing her to stop as well. "Beverly, I-- are you
saying--"

"And," she continued, "if you need some incentive, I can have Deanna throw
the hair band again." She gave him a devilish look. "And I'd make sure
that she threw it straight to me."

His mouth stayed open in surprise for only a moment longer, then he
chuckled. Drawing her into his arms again, he placed his lips against her
ear and murmured, "I think I have plenty of incentive right here."

She pressed her body against his, rocking her pelvis just slightly. "More
than enough, from what I can tell."

His chuckle ended in a soft moan. Fumbling in his pocket, he withdrew a
commbadge. "Forget Lwaxana's," he said, grinning, then pressed the badge.

"Enterprise. Two to beam directly to the captain's quarters."

They disappeared in a shimmer of blue sparkles.

<end story>

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Many thanks to all you #BONCers for your enthusiasm,
support and answers to my frantic questions while I wrote this.

And KK, my little gelfling: Your beta is the best. Ain't none better or
more discerning or more honest. Or funnier <g> Many kissies, and better
cover up that third titty. I think Jean-Luc is leering at it.

Ventura33

Mar 9, 2002, 3:29:48 PM3/9/02
Bwwwaaaaa! I was giggling helplessly all the way through this story! A
total howler from the first word. The frequent changes in POV build tension
very effectively, and sneaking off for secret workouts is oh so true to
life. Love it! Two (naked) thumbs up!

-- Ventura33
http://www.gemair.com/~bwhite/ventura33/

TrexPhile

Mar 9, 2002, 3:56:52 PM3/9/02
"Ventura33" <mev...@gemair.com> wrote in

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have to admit to a few giggles of
my own while writing, and I was hoping that readers would be amused by it.
I just wish I could post my beta-reader's comments. Now THOSE were really
funny!!

Thank you for reading!
TrexPhile

Sol

Mar 10, 2002, 10:58:01 PM3/10/02
Wow, Its good to see you making a return. There has been a despafrate P/C
draught here recently.

Thank You for this bit of fun!!

"TrexPhile" <trxp...@mindspring.com> wrote in message