Why some K/Sers enjoy slash

Debby Wimer

Oct 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/6/00
To Certain People (who know who they are, even if
they won't admit it)...

I know someone who recently gave me her theory as
to why some K/Sers are so vehement in defending their
beliefs. She is basically a K/Ser herself, but is
open-minded enough to give other pairings a chance
(specifically, het pairings with said guys).
She (and I) believe that they're so jealous of
any woman who might get involved with the guys that
they make them gay and won't see them otherwise. It
seems to me like they think that 'saves' the guy for
them when it actually does the opposite.
Gay men don't generally want women, so that lets
*them* out right there, whether they choose to ack-
nowledge the fact or not, not simply the women the
guys may know, work [or possibly become involved]
with. I can't help thinking that at least some of
these individuals didn't do slash (specifically,
K/S slash), they'd probably do Mary Sue-type stories.
People, making a guy gay in your stories is *not*
'saving' him for you, it's putting him even more out
of your reach! Please consider that. I'm not trying
to act superior or anything, just stating a fact. You
guys are entitled to your opinions, but please don't
flame other people for feeling differently.
They have the same rights of free speech ass you
do, and no one says you have to respond to anything
they say. Personal attacks on their character aren't
going to change *their* minds either, that's for
sure!! Another friend has had that happen to her and
says she's not going to post to that newsgroup ever
again...the Star Trek Creative Erotica Moderated
(ASCEM). I subscribe to that ng at present, but am
seriously considering dropping it now because of
this.
She sounded angry and hurt and I don't blame her.
I read some of those flames and was as upset if they
had been directed at me. I've had my share of flames,
but these were worse than any I ever got. I don't post
to any newsgroups; I find the E-groups lists do better
feedback-wise, though I don't let lack of feedback
stop me.
I enjoy writing too much and want to share my
work with fellow Trekkers. If they choose to ignore
it, fine...but it's their loss.
I personally feel more secure than that and like
nothing more than to put my two favorite Trek charac-
ters together romantically, whether it's canon or not.
I simply prefer to do so in a het relationship, with
an occasional slash relationship thrown in.
Some may put their favorite characters together
simply for *those* reasons. I couldn't say for sure
one way or the other for those people, but am not
talking about *them* here. [As I've said, I've done
some slash stories, usually K/S slanted, but basically
I'm het-oriented and can only take that sort of thing
in small doses, usually mixed in with het stuff.]
The basic philosophy of IDIC is Infinite Diver-
sity...in other words, being willing to see more than
just your own opinion, more than just black or white.
Intolerance and prejudice such as some of you have
demonstrated is the precise reason why one of our
heroes, Spock, was driven from his home planet to go
into Starfleet. Sad to think that those feelings would

persist all the way through to the 23rd century...that
there could be such closed minds even then.
No one who acts intolerant or prejudiced can poss-
ibly be following either the spirit or letter of IDIC,
and nothing (and no one) can convince me otherwise. I
don't dislike people like that; I feel sorry for them.
They're missing out on a lot--but if they choose to be
intolerant, narrow-minded and prejudiced, so be it.
They'll do it no matter what anyone else says.
I personally choose to follow the *true* IDIC
philosophy of *inclusion*, not flame anybody who
disagrees with me; I simply accept their opinion and
respect their right to their beliefs, no matter what
they happen to be.
JM Lane

rae_trail

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Hey, all you that didn't delete this unread: she posted this same piece of fuzzy logic on K loves S, and got blasted (nicely, though, nicely.) I tried to point out the faults in her logic, but got no reply. Let's not have a flamer over this troll, please? Enough is enough, without people rudely defending unidentified others against unidentified Ascem folk! Rae

Messages from this list are mirrored on the ASCEM newsgroup.
Read http://www.egroups.com/files/ASCEML/faq.txt for more
information about your subscription to ASCEML and ASCEM.

rae_trail

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Thank you, JS: though I already blew it, partially. I didn't realize she was coming in from a mirror group this time!LOL! Bacchus is just about peeing himself at how non-web-wise I am... Cheers! Rae
>Hey, all you that didn't delete this unread: she posted this same piece
of fuzzy logic on K loves S, and got blasted (nicely, though, nicely.) I
tried to point out the faults in her logic, but got no reply. Let's not
have a flamer over this troll, please? Enough is enough, without people
rudely defending unidentified others against unidentified Ascem folk! Rae<

Fuzzy logic? That's a very kind characterization, Rae. <g> I did think it
was funny, though. Saving your favorite character for yourself . . .
mwahahaha.

And I agree with you . . . who would want to answer an illogical rant about
the terrible injustices apparently perpetrated by unknown people (who
supposedly Know Who They Are) upon unnamed others? Utterly ridiculous.
Thanks for your comments.

LL&P
J S

rae_trail

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
That's not to say I am trying to limit freedom of speech, btw. But if you ignore a troll, it often just goes away. Thanks, Rae

rae_trail

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00

Unbelievable. This bitch cross-posted and used a blind cc. I received this message on ASCEM, but you'd never know it by looking at this post. How fucking cowardly can you get! Does she think we're idiots? I responded with my 'reply', and as we all know, that goes right back to the point of origin. Shit. I take it all back, folks, give her both barrels.

Pissed off and ready to shoot, Rae

akite...@aol.com

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
In a message dated 10/7/00 8:10:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
Rae_...@yahoo.com writes:

> Hey, all you that didn't delete this unread: she posted this same piece of
> fuzzy logic on K loves S, and got blasted (nicely, though, nicely.) I
tried
> to point out the faults in her logic, but got no reply. Let's not have a
> flamer over this troll, please? Enough is enough, without people rudely
> defending unidentified others against unidentified Ascem folk! Rae

Amen, Rae. I'm certainly not stepping into this one. Yup, Anita is
backing away. Here I go now... <<<<<<<

J S Cavalcante

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Message text written by INTERNET:ASC...@egroups.com
>Hey, all you that didn't delete this unread: she posted this same piece
of fuzzy logic on K loves S, and got blasted (nicely, though, nicely.) I
tried to point out the faults in her logic, but got no reply. Let's not
have a flamer over this troll, please? Enough is enough, without people
rudely defending unidentified others against unidentified Ascem folk! Rae<

Fuzzy logic? That's a very kind characterization, Rae. <g> I did think it

was funny, though. Saving your favorite character for yourself . . .
mwahahaha.

And I agree with you . . . who would want to answer an illogical rant about
the terrible injustices apparently perpetrated by unknown people (who
supposedly Know Who They Are) upon unnamed others? Utterly ridiculous.
Thanks for your comments.

LL&P
J S

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

J S Cavalcante

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Message text written by INTERNET:ASC...@egroups.com
>How *boring* I am. I'd better cook up a few aliases. I mean, I
never even give myself feedback. Never tell myself stories about the
mean people on other ngs. Never crosspost with BCC: --boy, am I
behind the virtual times.

Oh, and it also never occurred to me that I was saving Spock for
myself by having him fuck Kirk. Guess I haven't read enough pop-
psychology.

Jane, wondering if I could have Gary's baby if he fucked enough male
OCs, hmmm...
<

Jane--

ROLFMAO!

I was wondering about the sock-puppets, too. <g>

J S Cavalcante

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Message text written by Helsos

>Actually I be willing to bet that K/S writers are
the least likely to write a MarySue.<

I agree completely.

hel...@aol.com

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
In a message dated 10/7/2000 8:39:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmla...@yahoo.com writes:

<< I can't help thinking that at least some of
these individuals didn't do slash (specifically,
K/S slash), they'd probably do Mary Sue-type stories. >>

Ugh! No, not a Mary Sue! A Hurt/Comfort story perhaps, but the last thing the
guys need is a Mary Sue. Actually I be willing to bet that K/S writers are
the least likely to write a MarySue. We don't want K&S for us, we just want
them for each other. No ladies necessary in any way, shape or form. (uh,
Mother's excepted).

Linda Wan

Oct 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/7/00
Yep, we just got het bombed.

LL&P
Linda
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Jane (jat)

Oct 7, 2000, 9:48:37 PM10/7/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "rae_trail" <Rae_Trail@y...> wrote:

> Unbelievable. This bitch cross-posted and used a blind cc. I
received this message on ASCEM, but you'd never know it by looking at
this post. How fucking cowardly can you get! Does she think we're
idiots? I responded with my 'reply', and as we all know, that goes
right back to the point of origin. Shit. I take it all back, folks,
give her both barrels.

> Pissed off and ready to shoot, Rae

But, Rae darlin', I saw your fine shooting on KirkLovesSpockFic. How
much target practice do you need?

You know, since Laura (hi, Laura!) I'm seeing sock-puppets
everywhere. Gamin, are you two people? Or is it three, as Debby
Wimer seems to be J M Lane?

How *boring* I am. I'd better cook up a few aliases. I mean, I
never even give myself feedback. Never tell myself stories about the
mean people on other ngs. Never crosspost with BCC: --boy, am I
behind the virtual times.

Oh, and it also never occurred to me that I was saving Spock for
myself by having him fuck Kirk. Guess I haven't read enough pop-
psychology.

Jane, wondering if I could have Gary's baby if he fucked enough male
OCs, hmmm...

P.S. Thanks for the plot idea, whoever you really are. Though really
this is more a jonk kind of story.

vana...@aol.com

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
10276...@compuserve.com wrote:

> >Actually I be willing to bet that K/S writers are
> the least likely to write a MarySue.<
>

> I agree completely.

Me too. You just have to read Jungle Kitty`s stuff.
She wrote K/S first (and in between) but her Susanne
Brandt is anything but a Mary Sue.

<sigh> I miss her.

Vanasati

"Never give up, never surrender"
(Galaxy Quest)
http://members.aol.com/Vanasati/

EmGee

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T 'Boy" <tboy_7@h...> wrote:

> Uh huh, girlies in slash just gives me the creeping heeby jeebies.
<snip>
> I don't like girls & sex in the same universe, RL or Fic. Never
> have. The only reason I can figure for being a girl in this
> lifetime, was to experience motherhood, which is a wonderful thing
> IMO. But as for sex, & life in general, I have a male mind, much
> the chagrin of my kind and straight partner <g>. So pls no-one go
> suggesting I wanna see fem stuff, it turns my stomach.

So I guess this means that T'Boy isn't reading any stories about
threesomes... <deep sigh of disappointment> Guess this means I'll
have to branch out and write some "straight slash", as it were...

EmGee

T 'Boy

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, helsos@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 10/7/2000 8:39:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> jmlane55@y... writes:
>
> << I can't help thinking that at least some of
> these individuals didn't do slash (specifically,
> K/S slash), they'd probably do Mary Sue-type stories. >>
>
> Ugh! No, not a Mary Sue! A Hurt/Comfort story perhaps, but the last
thing the > guys need is a Mary Sue. Actually I be willing to bet
that K/S writers are > the least likely to write a MarySue. We don't
want K&S for us, we just want > them for each other. No ladies
necessary in any way, shape or form. (uh, > Mother's excepted).

*****
Uh huh, girlies in slash just gives me the creeping heeby jeebies. I
guess I got into K/S the back way (pardon me - ahem). For years I
read *ordinary* gay porn, (& if anyone wants to buy a huge stack of
pre-read boy mags, pleeeze, I've run out of storage room!!) and my
Trek interests weren't formalised into slash for years. For those
same years however, MY private heaven was MY K/S fantasies, I'd never
read anyone's stories. I was gobsmacked, overjoyed, dancing in the
streets when I finally got to put the two together.

I don't like girls & sex in the same universe, RL or Fic. Never
have. The only reason I can figure for being a girl in this
lifetime, was to experience motherhood, which is a wonderful thing
IMO. But as for sex, & life in general, I have a male mind, much to
the chagrin of my kind and straight partner <g>. So pls no-one go

suggesting I wanna see fem stuff, it turns my stomach. And before
anyone thinks I'm anti-fem, I'm not, my lesbian mates & I agree to
disagree, because friendships don't have to go hand in hand with
sexuality preferences.

If I involve myself in K/S (or C/P), it's because I take on one of
the characters for myself. Other than that, I just love male/male
interaction, from ratings G to XXX.

T'Boy (Vulcan Fem/Human male...see? I'm not confused <eg>)

Rak...@aol.com

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
Jane wrote, replying to a pretty funny post:

> How *boring* I am. I'd better cook up a few aliases. I mean, I
> never even give myself feedback. Never tell myself stories about the

Did we put "giving myself feedback" on the list of euphemisms for
masturbation, a few months ago? If not, we should have.

> mean people on other ngs. Never crosspost with BCC: --boy, am I
> behind the virtual times.
>
> Oh, and it also never occurred to me that I was saving Spock for
> myself by having him fuck Kirk. Guess I haven't read enough pop-
> psychology.

And remember, that's pop psychology that involves imaginary people. How you
can save an imaginary someone for you by having that imaginary someone be
involved with another imaginary someone--hell, I'd need a chart on the wall
to keep track of the multiple personalities involved.

> Jane, wondering if I could have Gary's baby if he fucked enough male
> OCs, hmmm...

Well, medicine *is* constantly evolving...

> P.S. Thanks for the plot idea, whoever you really are. Though really
> this is more a jonk kind of story.

The surrealism is also something s/he would appreciate. That's one of hir
best things. Unless of course s/he is me, crossposting and bccing.

when we're not raku, we are the walrus, koo koo ka choo

T 'Boy

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "EmGee " <mgtrek@a...> wrote:
> --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T 'Boy" <tboy_7@h...> wrote:

So pls no-one go suggesting I wanna see fem stuff, it turns my
stomach.

> So I guess this means that T'Boy isn't reading any stories about
> threesomes... <deep sigh of disappointment> Guess this means I'll
> have to branch out and write some "straight slash", as it were...
>
> EmGee

Hey, you go where your muse takes you :-) Branch away!!<g>

Actually I tested myself after my earlier post, and read some het
slash on the SFF - Blanket Of Stars, Succubus, No Longer Alone - they
were enjoyable (if I close my eyes & substitute Jim for Leila - ONLY
JOKING!!!;-D )

But...no hints of K/S (sniff), not a one!

To each his own, IDIC be praised.
T'Boy, running to the head of the queue for some new EmGee straight
slash, well it was your idea <ggg>. Cheers EmGee!

Karmen Ghia

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- EmGee <mgt...@altavista.com> wrote:
> --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T 'Boy" <tboy_7@h...>
> wrote:
>
> > Uh huh, girlies in slash just gives me the
> creeping heeby jeebies.
> <snip>

> > I don't like girls & sex in the same universe, RL
> or Fic. Never
> > have. The only reason I can figure for being a
> girl in this
> > lifetime, was to experience motherhood, which is a
> wonderful thing
> > IMO. But as for sex, & life in general, I have a
> male mind, much
> > the chagrin of my kind and straight partner <g>.
> So pls no-one go
> > suggesting I wanna see fem stuff, it turns my
> stomach.
>
> So I guess this means that T'Boy isn't reading any
> stories about
> threesomes... <deep sigh of disappointment> Guess
> this means I'll
> have to branch out and write some "straight slash",
> as it were...

You mean T'Boy doesn't like all that sexy Sarek/Amanda
slash out there?

Karmen

=====
JOIN The Ensign Fuh-q Fest, http://www.geocities.com/ensign_fuh_q_fest/
FIRST WAVE: October 1, 2000; SECOND WAVE: November 15, 2000
KFF archive, http://www.geocities.com/kirk_fuh_q_fest/
Karmen Ghia, http://karmen_ghia.tripod.com/

http://photos.yahoo.com/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

T'Rhys

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
At 09:09 PM 10/7/2000 -0400, rae_trail wrote:

>Hey, all you that didn't delete this unread: she posted this same piece
of fuzzy logic on K loves S,

Well, some folk actually believe this stuff. I personally found it quite
funny. *Saving* K and/or S for myself by making them gay? Please, my sides
still hurt. I think they're omnisexual, not homosexual, and I don't
particularly want 'em myself - I want to *watch* 'em (I wouldn't turn Spock
down if he asked nicely, though). <g>

LL&P }:)
"T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>

T'Rhys

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
At 10:05 PM 10/7/2000 -0400, rae_trail wrote:

> **The sock puppets had me ROFLOL.

Me too. I was having fun messing with LauraG by replying to some of them as
if they were real (why'd y'all think I called the Kirk one 'pal' once?).
Incidentally, did you know sock puppets are invariably into kinky sex
practices? Why else would they let someone stick a whole hand up their
butt? <vbeg>

LL&P }:)
"T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

EmGee

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T'Rhys" <tknight@i...> wrote:
> I think they're omnisexual, not homosexual, and I don't
> particularly want 'em myself - I want to *watch* 'em (I wouldn't
turn Spock
> down if he asked nicely, though). <g>

I think Kirk might be omnisexual (if you mean by that, an attraction
to any being that moves, is aesthetically pleasing and will smile
prettily at him). I think of Spock as bisexual, definitely more
discriminating than Kirk, perhaps in some ways more conventional as
well. And I want to watch them, too - though I wouldn't kick either
one of them (or both of them, together! <eg>) out of bed. Isn't this
voyeurism the essence of slash?

EmGee

J S Cavalcante

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
Message text written by INTERNET:ASC...@egroups.com
>Incidentally, did you know sock puppets are invariably into kinky sex
practices? Why else would they let someone stick a whole hand up their
butt? <vbeg>

LL&P }:)
"T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>
<

Mwahahahaha!

ROFL.

J S

T'Rhys

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
At 07:04 PM 10/8/2000 -0000, EmGee wrote:

>--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T'Rhys" <tknight@i...> wrote:
>> I think they're omnisexual, not homosexual, and I don't
>> particularly want 'em myself - I want to *watch* 'em (I wouldn't
>turn Spock
>> down if he asked nicely, though). <g>
>>
>I think Kirk might be omnisexual (if you mean by that, an attraction
>to any being that moves, is aesthetically pleasing and will smile
>prettily at him).

Sort of, but I was thinking more along the lines of their being willing to
be attracted to 'all sexes and sexual practices', not just one or two.

>I think of Spock as bisexual, definitely more
>discriminating than Kirk

Bisexual possibly and definitely more discreet, but more descriminating
than Kirk... I dunno, he did seem to be seriously considering going after
Droxine, and there wasn't any compelling reason for him to do so like there
was when Kirk went after Shahna. <g>

LL&P }:)
"T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

selek

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00

[Selek perks up his ears] T'Boy doesn't like Sarek and Amanda?? How could
s/he not? They're such a nice couple.

Selek

selek

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
| At 10:05 PM 10/7/2000 -0400, rae_trail wrote:
| >
| > **The sock puppets had me ROFLOL.
|
| Me too. I was having fun messing with LauraG by replying to some of them
as
| if they were real (why'd y'all think I called the Kirk one 'pal' once?).
| Incidentally, did you know sock puppets are invariably into kinky sex
| practices? Why else would they let someone stick a whole hand up their
| butt? <vbeg>
|
| LL&P }:)
| "T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>

Hm...an interesting take on sock puppets. I've never thought of them quite
like that. [leaves the room and goes into the hall] BWAHAHAHH!!! [wraps
Vulcan dignity around him and re-enters the room] Fascinating.

Selek

EmGee

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T'Rhys" <tknight@i...> wrote:
> At 07:04 PM 10/8/2000 -0000, EmGee wrote:
> >
> >--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T'Rhys" <tknight@i...> wrote:
> >> I think they're omnisexual, not homosexual, and I don't
> >> particularly want 'em myself - I want to *watch* 'em (I wouldn't
> >turn Spock
> >> down if he asked nicely, though). <g>
> >>
> >I think Kirk might be omnisexual (if you mean by that, an
attraction
> >to any being that moves, is aesthetically pleasing and will smile
> >prettily at him).
>
> Sort of, but I was thinking more along the lines of their being
willing to
> be attracted to 'all sexes and sexual practices', not just one or
two.

I'll buy that, at least for Kirk. He really is a hedonist. As far
as Spock goes ... Can't quite see it, myself, but if you can, great!
IDIC and all that.

> >I think of Spock as bisexual, definitely more
> >discriminating than Kirk
>
> Bisexual possibly and definitely more discreet, but more
descriminating
> than Kirk... I dunno, he did seem to be seriously considering going
after
> Droxine, and there wasn't any compelling reason for him to do so
like there
> was when Kirk went after Shahna. <g>

Yeah, I never, never, never understood what Spock saw in Droxine.
Her beauty was definitely only skin-deep, and Spock never struck me
as the kinda guy who wouldn't look for inner beauty. Now, the
Romulan Commander - *that* attraction I could understand!

EmGee

T 'Boy

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, Karmen Ghia <karmen_ghia2@y...> wrote:
> You mean T'Boy doesn't like all that sexy Sarek/Amanda
> slash out there?
>
> Karmen

Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend? (Visions of
strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate on
THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).

T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)

T 'Boy

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:
> | You mean T'Boy doesn't like all that sexy Sarek/Amanda
> | slash out there?
> |
> | Karmen
>
> [Selek perks up his ears] T'Boy doesn't like Sarek and Amanda??
How could
> s/he not? They're such a nice couple.
>
> Selek

Now, now, now!! Don't go puttin' no words where they weren't <g>.

I adore Sarek & Amanda. And if things pan out the way they seem to
be heading, I'll be enjoying more of them than I, um, expected.

T'Boy, stepping into deeper water and paddling furiously.

selek

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
| --- In ASC...@egroups.com, Karmen Ghia <karmen_ghia2@y...> wrote:
| > You mean T'Boy doesn't like all that sexy Sarek/Amanda
| > slash out there?
| >
| > Karmen
| > >

| Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend? (Visions of
| strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate on
| THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
|
| T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)

Concentrate on whatever side you want...sexy Sarek is good...

Selek

selek

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00
| --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:
| > | You mean T'Boy doesn't like all that sexy Sarek/Amanda
| > | slash out there?
| > |
| > | Karmen
| >
| > [Selek perks up his ears] T'Boy doesn't like Sarek and Amanda??
| How could
| > s/he not? They're such a nice couple.
| >
| > Selek
|
| Now, now, now!! Don't go puttin' no words where they weren't <g>.
|
| I adore Sarek & Amanda. And if things pan out the way they seem to
| be heading, I'll be enjoying more of them than I, um, expected.
|
| T'Boy, stepping into deeper water and paddling furiously.

Forgive me, T'Boy. I meant no disrespect. I certainly hope things pan
out! [settles in his comfy chair by the window to wait]

Karmen Ghia

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00

> Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you
> recommend? (Visions of
> strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I
> concentrate on
> THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
>
> T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)

There's two on COCO/SSD at
http://www.geocities.com/cc_ssd

Enjoy.

Karmen

=====
JOIN The Ensign Fuh-q Fest, http://www.geocities.com/ensign_fuh_q_fest/
FIRST WAVE: October 1, 2000; SECOND WAVE: November 15, 2000
KFF archive, http://www.geocities.com/kirk_fuh_q_fest/
Karmen Ghia, http://karmen_ghia.tripod.com/

http://photos.yahoo.com/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

selek

Oct 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/8/00

| > Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you
| > recommend? (Visions of
| > strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I
| > concentrate on
| > THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
| >
| > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
| >
| There's two on COCO/SSD at
| http://www.geocities.com/cc_ssd
|
| Enjoy.
|
| Karmen

Thanks for the plug!

Selek

T 'Boy

Oct 8, 2000, 8:37:47 PM10/8/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, Karmen Ghia <karmen_ghia2@y...> wrote:
> > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
> >
> There's two on COCO/SSD at
> http://www.geocities.com/cc_ssd
>
> Enjoy.
>
> Karmen

Thanks!

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "T 'Boy" <tboy_7@h...> wrote:
> --- In ASC...@egroups.com, Karmen Ghia <karmen_ghia2@y...> wrote:
> > > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
> > >
> > There's two on COCO/SSD at
> > http://www.geocities.com/cc_ssd
> >
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > Karmen
> > >

> Thanks!

Hey Karmen, enjoy I did! Thanks for the excellent advice.
T'Boy

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:
> | > [Selek perks up his ears] T'Boy doesn't like Sarek and Amanda??
> | How could s/he not? They're such a nice couple.
> | > Selek
> |
> | Now, now, now!! Don't go puttin' no words where they weren't <g>.
> I adore Sarek & Amanda. And if things pan out the way they seem
to be heading, I'll be enjoying more of them than I, um, expected.

> Forgive me, T'Boy. I meant no disrespect. I certainly hope things
pan out! [settles in his comfy chair by the window to wait]
> Selek

OOh!!! Selek!!!! You clever Vulcan, you! These were nice. More
than nice! mmm mmm mmmmmmm!!! Aaaaand...I even liked the girlie
bits LOL!
(Although Jonk's Ambassador Whirligig is currently a persistent image
in my life) I am very fond of Sarek & Amanda as a couple, and
their ..uh...private life <g> is as loving and fun and, well,
attractive as they are themselves. You've done a beautiful job
bringing it all to life, and I thank you.

God! There I was, a happy little K/Ser, then I get drawn over to
C/P, now I'm being encouraged to read het! What are you ppl tryin to
do here, educate me or sumfin?

T'Boy, dragging the remnants of original obsession around hir
shoulders, clutching at dignity.

vana...@aol.com

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
tbo...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend? (Visions of
> strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate on
> THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
>
> T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)

Yep. Go and read some of Arachnethe2's stuff and Selek's new stories
and some of LauraJV. Has anybody else written Sarek/Amanda, that
I forgot?

Van
(thinking)

"Never give up, never surrender"
(Galaxy Quest)
http://members.aol.com/Vanasati/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

EmGee

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:

> tboy_7@h... wrote:
>
> > Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend?
(Visions of
> > strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate
on
> > THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
> >
> > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
>
> Yep. Go and read some of Arachnethe2's stuff and Selek's new stories
> and some of LauraJV. Has anybody else written Sarek/Amanda, that
> I forgot?
>
> Van
> (thinking)

There's Jean Lorrah's "Night of the Twin Moons" stories, but I
just checked out her website and her stuff's not available on-line,
you'd have to get hold of the fanzines.

EmGee

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| > | How could s/he not? They're such a nice couple.
| > |
| > | Now, now, now!! Don't go puttin' no words where they weren't <g>.
| > I adore Sarek & Amanda. And if things pan out the way they seem
| to be heading, I'll be enjoying more of them than I, um, expected.
| >
| > Forgive me, T'Boy. I meant no disrespect. I certainly hope things
| pan out! [settles in his comfy chair by the window to wait]
| > Selek
|
| OOh!!! Selek!!!! You clever Vulcan, you! These were nice. More
| than nice! mmm mmm mmmmmmm!!! Aaaaand...I even liked the girlie
| bits LOL!

I see you followed Karmen's link. Your words honour me. I'm really glad
you liked them, but what girlie bits do you refer to? I don't understand
the reference.

| (Although Jonk's Ambassador Whirligig is currently a persistent image
| in my life) I am very fond of Sarek & Amanda as a couple, and
| their ..uh...private life <g> is as loving and fun and, well,
| attractive as they are themselves. You've done a beautiful job
| bringing it all to life, and I thank you.

Again, your words honour me. [blushes]

| God! There I was, a happy little K/Ser, then I get drawn over to
| C/P, now I'm being encouraged to read het! What are you ppl tryin to
| do here, educate me or sumfin?
|
| T'Boy, dragging the remnants of original obsession around hir
| shoulders, clutching at dignity.

LOL!! Welcome to the Dark Side!

Selek

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| tbo...@hotmail.com wrote:
|
| > Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend? (Visions of
| > strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate on
| > THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
| >
| > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
|
| Yep. Go and read some of Arachnethe2's stuff and Selek's new stories
| and some of LauraJV. Has anybody else written Sarek/Amanda, that
| I forgot?
|
| Van
| (thinking)

There's one new author that's in the process of writing a Sarek/Amanda
story. When this is done, it will put mine to shame! I should know, I'm
the beta for it.

Selek (President and only member of the Sarek Is Not An Asshole Club)

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| --- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:
| > tboy_7@h... wrote:
| >
| > > Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend?
| (Visions of
| > > strong, sexy Sarek tweaking my interest) (see, if I concentrate
| on
| > > THAT side, I'll probably cope <g>).
| > >
| > > T'Boy, prepared to broaden horizons :-)
| >
| > Yep. Go and read some of Arachnethe2's stuff and Selek's new stories
| > and some of LauraJV. Has anybody else written Sarek/Amanda, that
| > I forgot?
| >
| > Van
| > (thinking)
|
| There's Jean Lorrah's "Night of the Twin Moons" stories, but I
| just checked out her website and her stuff's not available on-line,
| you'd have to get hold of the fanzines.
|
| EmGee

I have them all and they're well worth the read. Jim and Melody Rondeau
carry them and their email is jim...@jps.net. Their turnaround time is
excellent as are their prices.

Selek

vana...@aol.com

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
se...@powersurfr.com wrote:

> Selek (President and only member of the Sarek Is Not An Asshole Club)

Who said that?!

Van
(tapping her foot)

"Never give up, never surrender"
(Galaxy Quest)
http://members.aol.com/Vanasati/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

T'Lin

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:
> selek@p... wrote:
>
> > Selek (President and only member of the Sarek Is Not An Asshole
Club)

> Who said that?!
>
> Van
> (tapping her foot)

Yeah ... I think you will discover that there are many of us here who
*love* Sarek. I have never once thought of him as an Asshole ...
although, I must admit, I have been exasperated with him on occasion
... mostly because he and Spock are so much alike in their stuborness
... and almost always on opposing sides of any given issue.

Of course, life would be very dull if they always agreed ... as would
the stories.

>:-]
T'Lin

http://www.geocities.com/tlin_s/

It's the Ladies Turn!!! Join the STAR TREK - Femme Fuh-Q Fest
http://www.geocities.com/femme_fuhq_fest/index.html

akite...@aol.com

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
In a message dated 10/9/00 5:03:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
tbo...@hotmail.com writes:

> God! There I was, a happy little K/Ser, then I get drawn over to
> C/P, now I'm being encouraged to read het! What are you ppl tryin to
> do here, educate me or sumfin?
>
> T'Boy, dragging the remnants of original obsession around hir
> shoulders, clutching at dignity.

LOL! But T'Boy diversity is fun!

Anita

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| --- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:
| > selek@p... wrote:
| >
| > > Selek (President and only member of the Sarek Is Not An Asshole
| Club)
| >
| > Who said that?!
| >
| > Van
| > (tapping her foot)
|
| Yeah ... I think you will discover that there are many of us here who
| *love* Sarek. I have never once thought of him as an Asshole ...
| although, I must admit, I have been exasperated with him on occasion
| ... mostly because he and Spock are so much alike in their stuborness
| ... and almost always on opposing sides of any given issue.
|
| Of course, life would be very dull if they always agreed ... as would
| the stories.
|
| >:-]
| T'Lin

You, of course, are correct. I stand corrected. Forgive me. You too Van.

Selek

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| se...@powersurfr.com wrote:
|
| > Selek (President and only member of the Sarek Is Not An Asshole Club)
|
| Who said that?!
|
| Van
| (tapping her foot)

Uh...er....heh-heh....welcome aboard!!

selek

Oct 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/9/00
| --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:
| > |
| > | OOh!!! Selek!!!! You clever Vulcan, you! These were nice. More
| > | than nice! mmm mmm mmmmmmm!!! Aaaaand...I even liked the girlie
| > | bits LOL!
| >
| > I see you followed Karmen's link. Your words honour me. I'm
| really glad> you liked them, but what girlie bits do you refer to? I
| don't understand> the reference.
|
| Ahh! Girlie bits as in "Amanda is a girl", and we saw her bits<g>.

Oh, *those* girly bits.

| > LOL!! Welcome to the Dark Side!
| >
| > Selek
|

| You don't know just how right you are <veg>.
| T'Boy

LOL!

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 9:36:56 PM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:
> tboy_7@h... wrote:
>
> > Well, I'll give it a whirl!! Which would you recommend?
>
> Yep. Go and read some of Arachnethe2's stuff and Selek's new stories
> and some of LauraJV. Has anybody else written Sarek/Amanda, that
> I forgot?
>
> Van
> (thinking)

Thanks again Van...you've been a goldmine of late. Much appreciated.
T'Boy

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 9:42:53 PM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:

> | OOh!!! Selek!!!! You clever Vulcan, you! These were nice. More
> | than nice! mmm mmm mmmmmmm!!! Aaaaand...I even liked the girlie
> | bits LOL!
>
> I see you followed Karmen's link. Your words honour me. I'm
really glad> you liked them, but what girlie bits do you refer to? I
don't understand> the reference.

Ahh! Girlie bits as in "Amanda is a girl", and we saw her bits<g>.

> LOL!! Welcome to the Dark Side!
>
> Selek

You don't know just how right you are <veg>.

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 9:55:42 PM10/9/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, akite68163@a... wrote:

> LOL! But T'Boy diversity is fun!
>
> Anita

Ha.......ha.......ha? Intellectually (as if!) I know you're right,
but as I sit here shivering, surrounded by the shards of my
shattered comfort zone,(god I exaggerate...), I see again the virtues
of single-minded obsession on a love object, where all your energies
are directed in eager pursuit of repeated fulfillment, feeding upon
itself and growing exponentially.

Then again, a change is as good as a holiday. :-)

T'Boy (sheepish)

T 'Boy

Oct 9, 2000, 9:45:09 PM10/9/00

Rondeau> carry them and their email is jimmel@j... Their turnaround
time is> excellent as are their prices.

> Selek

Thanks both EmGee & Selek.
T'Boy

T'Lin

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00
--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "selek" <selek@p...> wrote:
> | --- In ASC...@egroups.com, vanasati@a... wrote:

Asshole
> | Club)
> | >
> | > Who said that?!
> | >
> | > Van
> | > (tapping her foot)
> |
> | Yeah ... I think you will discover that there are many of us here
who
> | *love* Sarek. I have never once thought of him as an Asshole ...
> | although, I must admit, I have been exasperated with him on
occasion
> | ... mostly because he and Spock are so much alike in their
stuborness
> | ... and almost always on opposing sides of any given issue.
> |
> | Of course, life would be very dull if they always agreed ... as
would
> | the stories.
> |
> | >:-]
> | T'Lin
>
> You, of course, are correct. I stand corrected. Forgive me. You
too Van.

> Selek

You are, of course, forgiven ... especially if you write another one
of your lovely Sarek/Amanda stories. <hint, hint>

>:-]
T'Lin

It's the Ladies Turn!!! Join the STAR TREK - Femme Fuh-Q Fest
http://www.geocities.com/femme_fuhq_fest/index.html

vana...@aol.com

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00
Lin...@aol.com wrote:

> You are, of course, forgiven ... especially if you write another one
> of your lovely Sarek/Amanda stories. <hint, hint>

Yeah! Amen to that.

Selek

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00
| > You, of course, are correct. I stand corrected. Forgive me. You
| too Van.
| >
| > Selek
|
| You are, of course, forgiven ... especially if you write another one
| of your lovely Sarek/Amanda stories. <hint, hint>
|
| >:-]
| T'Lin
|
| It's the Ladies Turn!!! Join the STAR TREK - Femme Fuh-Q Fest
| http://www.geocities.com/femme_fuhq_fest/index.html

Your words are too kind. Thank you. Wait until I finish my course work.
Then I can devote some time to another Sarek/Amanda story.

Selek

Selek

Oct 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/10/00

| > You are, of course, forgiven ... especially if you write another one
| > of your lovely Sarek/Amanda stories. <hint, hint>
|
| Yeah! Amen to that.
|
| Van :-)

Too kind. Wait until my course work is finished, then I can devote time to
Sarek and Amanda.