NEW TNG All Wet [PG-13] (Marrissa Stories)

Stephen aka Old Man ASC

Dec 31, 2006, 10:19:16 PM12/31/06
Okay ... I just barely finished this one on time. I think it qualifies for
the Wetfest, which would actually make it my first "fest" qualifying story.

Title: All Wet or Why Marrissa Should Never Repair Anything.
Author: Stephen Ratliff
Series: TNG, Marrissa Stories Short
Rating: PG-13, for wet activities on the Bridge
Codes: R/T, Wetfest
was going to be a disaster, for her, La Forge, Counselor Troi, and Will Riker.

:

"Ensign Marrissa Amber Picard, reporting as ordered, sir," Marrissa said
upon entering Engineering. The young girl was in her usual command reds,
her hair up in a pony tail, everything exactly in place per regulations.

La Forge found her way too young, but he had no room to complain, as his
own department had provided several young prodigies with entry into Star
Fleet, in particular Wesley Crusher, and his current successor in the young
Engineering Genius Slot, Clara Sutter. Marrissa wasn't a candidate for
that slot, according to rumor she was the anti-Engineer. Clara, on the
other hand, like Wesley before her, had some talent at the helm. So today,
Clara was at the helm, and he had Marrissa.

"Right," La Forge replied. "We'll be starting with some simple
familiarization routines today. Ensign Gomez. Show Miss Picard what we
discussed earlier."

La Forge then walked away to personally handle some repairs to the ODN near
cabin 0801. It would be two hours before he returned to Engineering.

On the Bridge of the Enterprise-D, Commander Riker was in the center seat,
with the good Counselor next to him. Captain Picard was unfortunately
unavailable for the day, having decided that the current survey mission was
a good enough excuse to spend a little time playing Dixon Hill. Doctor
Crusher had joined him, much to the surprise of the senior staff. Worf had
tactical, with Data at Ops, and Clara Sutter at the Helm. For Alpha Shift,
it had been quite quiet.

"So, Deanna, what convince Beverly to join the Captain's little detective
story?" Riker asked, his hands firmly on the Captain's chair's armrests.

"Beverly says he tricked her into it," Troi replied. "She says he had to
know that she was going to recommend he spend more time relaxing. I
understand that the Captain offered several activities, all of which he had
to know she'd shoot down as not sufficiently relaxing, before suggesting a
Dixon Hill Mystery with the Ship's Doctor. She was completely surprised
when he handed her the red, high heeled shoes. Is it getting humid in here?"

Marrissa turned over to Ensign Gomez, having finished her task of carefully
replacing chips in the Enterprise's environmental system man
controls. "I'm done."

Gomez quickly scanned the chips, finding all of them in order, and closed
the panel. She then turned to Marrissa, and said, "Okay, the next item on
our list is a H2O distribution junction replacement. We'll be taking the
Jefferies tubes up above Deck 8 and doing some plumbing. Chief Howser, I
assume the pipe is already there?"

"Yes sir!"

Up on the bridge, Counselor Troi pulled her uniform away from her body. It
was definitely humid on the bridge. Way too humid. "Computer, what is the
humidity level on the bridge?"

"Humidity level on the Bridge is at .89 and rising," the Computer
responded. "Humidity is being adjusted to default settings."

"Riker to Engineering," Riker said, exchanging a look with Troi. This was
not normal.

Lieutenant Commander La Forge looked around Engineering to decide who he
should assign to handle the latest problem. It was raining on the
bridge. Much worse, something had apparently been added to the atmosphere
of the bridge that was causing uniforms to dissolve. While Ensigns Gomez
and Picard had just recently returned from fixing the pipes above deck 8,
he didn't want to send them.

"Barclay, see if you can do something about the raining on the Bridge," La
Forge ordered. "Gomez, take over Impulse Systems and give Marrissa a good
overview while you're at it."

As the two walked passed Lieutenant Johnson who was manning the master
systems monitor, it started smoking.

Meanwhile on the bridge, Counselor Troi had decided that since it was
raining on the bridge, and everyone was naked, it she might as well just
sit on Will's lap. He could at least hold her in place, as it seemed that
the characteristic lag of the inertial compensator had increased, resulting
in several of the naked officers manning the bridge to slide around a bit.

Poor Clara, who had the misfortune to be manning tactical when it had
started to rain had slid down one side or the other of the bridge five
times, before Will had switched her back to CONN. Tactical control was
now being handled through the Ops console. Ensign Gilliland had her own
problems, there, as her attempts at keeping the console readable kept
changing her menus.

"Deanna, would you please stop squirming."

Captain Jean-Luc Picard had been enjoying some time alone in his
quarters. Since he had adopted Marrissa, four months ago, that hadn't
occurred often. Marrissa was a good girl, who was quite
intelligent. She'd spent some time over the years learning about the
various fields that her then mentor, now adopted father, enjoyed. She
could hold her own in a conversation on most things, despite her only been
twelve years old. Still, it was nice to sit, sipping wine, listening to
Mozart while reading the latest archeology journals without being
interrupted by a half dressed girl who couldn't find her brush.

The moment Jean-Luc stepped out into the corridor, he slipped and fell on
the wet carpet, landing on his behind. A little bit down the corridor, he
could see water pouring from a ceiling maintenance panel. There was a good
inch of standing water through the center of the corridor, already. He
shivered a bit. It was getting cold in the corridor too. "Picard to
Engineering."

"La Forge." Something was going wrong in Engineering. What ever the
problem was it was not life threatening, but was enough to cause many
members of the crew to call Engineering. The Captain could tell that much
just from La Forge's tone.

"There is a water leak on deck 8 near my quarters, and the temperature is
dropping. What is going on down there?"

"Lights are out on Deck 7, it's raining on the Bridge, which has apparently
left them in Betazed Wedding attire. A five cent fuse has burnt out in the
master situation table." Captain Picard heard a crash from over the comm
system. "Damn! We'll fix the water problem as soon as possible,
Captain. La Forge out."

Lieutenant Commander La Forge rushed over to the warp core, to help move
the large section of railing that had some how come loose and fallen on
Ensign Daniel Sutter. Up above he could seen Lieutenant Smersh helping
Ensign Spectre back onto the deck above. Marrissa had grabbed the first
aid kit, and as he and the other officers removed the rail, she stepped in
and scanned Ensign Sutter.

"Mister Sutter, you're lucky." Marrissa concluded, showing La Forge the
readings. Sutter had bruised ribs, a sprained left shoulder, and a twisted
ankle.

"Marrissa, help Ensign Sutter get to Sickbay, It should be the end of Alpha
Shift by then, so no need to come back her."

By the time Captain Picard reached the turbolift, Deck 8 was iced over. He
had practically skated the last few feet. The turbolift opened revealing
his daughter, about to exit. "Don't even try to get to our quarters," he
ordered, drawing her back into the turbolift. "Bridge."

When the turbolift opened on the Bridge, it was no longer raining there,
but it was soaking wet. Adding to the strangeness was the fact that
everyone was completely naked. Jean-Luc sloshed his way down towards the
command area. There he found Commander Riker and Counselor Troi
practically joined in the center seat. "Commander Riker, there are some
things that should only be done on your own time."

"Yes sir," Riker said, turning slightly to address the blushing Marrissa
behind the Captain. "Ensign Picard, Commander La Forge asked me to inform
you that your rotation through Engineering is over."

"Aye, sir." Marrissa replied. The Captain could tell she was happy about
the Engineering Rotation being done ... he would have to get the story
behind that later. He was sure that it was supposed to last at least a
week. "Captain, permission to relieve Clara so she can put some clothes on?"

"Granted," Jean-Luc said looking around the Bridge. "Clara, you may change
in the Head, then relieve Ensign Janiper at Engineering. Commander Riker,
Counselor, I think we need to talk. Marrissa, you have the Bridge."

"Aye, sir!"

--
Stephen Ratliff
stephenratliffasc earthlink net

Elizabeth Helena

Jan 1, 2007, 12:55:21 AM1/1/07
It sure does qualify, and as I have 12:31 EST on my clock, on Jan 1st,
2007, it's the last Wetfest 2006 story!

So congratulations on your and Marrissa's first fest story and for
being Wetfest's last!

I also commend you for posting the link to the MST site dedicated to
your stories. Those guys were funny and a lot more decent than many
MSTers I've read. Still, you are brave as well as good-natured to let
us know about the site. I cringe when I look at stuff I wrote a couple
of years ago, let alone 14 years!

Fortunately, my earliest works never saw the light of the internet,
and a handy basement flood destroyed all the evidence of my Spock/Mary
Sue saga. Hmmm, If Kirk/Spock is Spirk, I wonder if Spock/Mary Sue is
Spue? :-)

And don't worry, I think your writing has improved, so good for you!
I've seen some writers get worse over time (both amateur and
professional) so you've obviously worked at it.

Happy New Year, Mr. Insufficiently Reluctant!

Elizabeth H.

Happy Rules Babe
Wetfest 2006

>--- In ASC...@yahoogroups.com, Stephen aka Old Man ASC

><stephenbratliff@...> wrote:
>
> Okay ... I just barely finished this one on time. I think it
qualifies for
> the Wetfest, which would actually make it my first "fest" qualifying
story.

> Title: All Wet or Why Marrissa Should Never Repair Anything.
> Author: Stephen Ratliff
> Series: TNG, Marrissa Stories Short
> Rating: PG-13, for wet activities on the Bridge
> Codes: R/T, Wetfest
Engineering