Canon sucks!

Laura Goodwin

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
Subject:
[ASCEML] Canon sucks!
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:52 -0500
From:
Laura Goodwin <lal...@altavista.net>
To:
Trek List <asc...@onelist.com>

From: Laura Goodwin <lal...@altavista.net>

Perast wrote:

> I've seen the term "canon"or canonized" in connection with books on TOS.
Translation?

Who cares!? Canon sucks! Canon sez Jim Kirk, the jewel in the crown of
the ST character universe, is now dead. Obviously, canon is for people
with no wits or taste. You don't kill off the hero...anybody who has
any sense knows that.

You know who IS dead? Gene Roddenberry, that's who. He can't keep
control over Star Trek anymore. ST belongs to the world and the fans
now. As for me, I'm in the Nexus with Jim Kirk. DO NOT DISRUPT!

--
Laura Goodwin

"Pain is fleeting, glory is forever.
Remember: scars are sexy."

Please send replies to as...@earthlink.net
**DO NOT reply to ASCEML's ONElist address**

Laura Goodwin

Dec 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/26/98
Subject:
[ASCEML] Re: Canon sucks!
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 01:51:32 -0500

From:
Laura Goodwin <lal...@altavista.net>
To:
ASC...@onelist.com

From: Laura Goodwin <lal...@altavista.net>

Alexas wrote:

> From: Alexas <ale...@earthlink.net>
>
> Hi,
>
> I notice that you have added ASCEML's address to your address book. Can I
ask a favor?
> Could you change it to <as...@earthlink.net> ? That's the newsgroup's
mailbox, and the
> moderators will receive your messages faster if you send them there.

Thanks Alexas, but nobody ever said boo to any of my posts on the NG or
anything else, so I'm trying this.

If this doesn't pay off I'll start my own list.