I'm finally going to say it.

lal...@altavista.net

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

--- In ASC...@egroups.com, "kira-nerys" <kardasi@k...> wrote:

> We do have some kind of intelligence here. You're not the only one
> who's got an IQ, you know.

Prove it! LOL ;)

kira-nerys

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

> --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "kira-nerys" <kardasi@k...> wrote:
>
> > We do have some kind of intelligence here. You're not the only one
> > who's got an IQ, you know.
>
> Prove it! LOL ;)

I think I've got a few people behind me who can vouch for me and tell you that
my IQ at least is average. And if you haven't noticed that there are intelligent
people elsewhere on the group, I think you need help.

And no, I don't think it's funny.

kira-nerys, who's seriously wondering why I'm letting you bait me at all.

Nephtys <BGM>

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

Kira-nerys, I agree with you 200%.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that such honorable ventures often
fail with people like Laura G., who I've killfiled some long time
ago. They will simply hang around more often and pick at you like an
attention-devouring vulture. I can't think of anything more abrasive
than someone who believes firmly that they are much better than
everyone else. Worst yet, thinking so greatly of themselves that
they need to re-write the works of others in order to prove it.

There is a word for that; narcissism, in its worst form.

Love ya lots, sweetie, and kudos for expressing something I myself
have wanted to say a long while ago.

Sophie

kira-nerys

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

Laura Goodwin, I'm so tired of you I just wanna cry.

Why?

Because of several things. You keep popping up with several aliases, answering
your own mails, giving yourself feedback and trying to stir up trouble. Don't
you get enough attention so that you have to give yourself attention or what's
going on?

You re-write other people's stuff and seem to think that what you write is
better, more clever and more interesting than what other people write. Well,
wake up call for you - it isn't. Give others some credit for their efforts.

You psycho-analyse your own stuff as if the rest of the newsgroup is so
unintelligent that they can't figure anything out by themselves. Give the group
some credit. We do have some kind of intelligence here. You're not the only one

who's got an IQ, you know.

And perhaps, just perhaps we're not *that* interested to find out the deeper,
hidden meanings of your writings either? Food for thought.

You send replies to other mailinglists to ASCEM although the conversation
relevant to it hasn't been on ASCEm before. And send personal correspondence to
ASCEM. That's pretty much out of line.

Your presence on the list has caused it to change into something that's not
ASCEM anymore and it's a tragic state of affairs.

My 2 cents. Go ahead, flame me, send me hate mails privately or whatever you
like. I just had to get this off my chest. And it's been a *very* long time
coming.

If nobody agrees with me on this, I'll just shut the fuck up.

kira-nerys

Karmen Ghia

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

--- Moriva <tori...@health.on.net> wrote:
> Brava. I agree completely.
>
> Moriva

Yeah, me, too.

Thanks, Moriva. Thanks, kira-nerys.

Karmen Ghia

http://im.yahoo.com/

rae_trail

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

I am 100% behind you, my dear. I hate to curtail anyone's freedom, but this is a moderated list. Can we unmoderate someone for ongoing general stupidity and peskiness? If so, make it so. Laura is an adolescent masquerading in many silly outfits. Please, shut her down. Rae
Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

quoth Rae:

> I am 100% behind you, my dear. I hate to curtail anyone's
freedom, but this is a moderated list. Can we unmoderate someone for > ongoing
general stupidity and peskiness?

NO. Appearances to the contrary, this is *not* a moderated
mailing list. This is a moderated Usenet newsgroup being
delivered to you as a mailing list.

Killfiles work. Learn to use them.

Mary Ellen
Doctor Science, MA
http://www.eclipse.net/~mecurtin/au/
Alternate Universes: Fanfiction Studies
http://www.eclipse.net/~mecurtin/foresmut/
The Foresmutters Project

Moriva

Sep 24, 2000, 1:27:30 PM9/24/00

At 18:59 24/09/00 +0200, you wrote:

Brava. I agree completely.

Moriva

Moriva

Sep 24, 2000, 2:31:24 PM9/24/00

At 19:48 24/09/00 +0200, you wrote:

>> --- In ASC...@egroups.com, "kira-nerys" <kardasi@k...> wrote:
>>

>> > We do have some kind of intelligence here. You're not the only one
>> > who's got an IQ, you know.
>>

>> Prove it! LOL ;)

<Killfiles Goodwin> I just did.

>I think I've got a few people behind me who can vouch for me and tell you
that
>my IQ at least is average. And if you haven't noticed that there are
intelligent
>people elsewhere on the group, I think you need help.
>
>And no, I don't think it's funny.
>
>kira-nerys, who's seriously wondering why I'm letting you bait me at all.

{{{kira-nerys}}}

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

--On Sunday, September 24, 2000, 11:47 PM -0400 Mary Ellen Curtin
<mecu...@alumni.Princeton.EDU> wrote:

> NO. Appearances to the contrary, this is *not* a moderated
> mailing list. This is a moderated Usenet newsgroup being
> delivered to you as a mailing list.

Right! And there are rules for what gets not-posted, and they are very
narrow. Laura G., as far as I know, has not violated those rules.

> Killfiles work. Learn to use them.

Killfiles make me happy. Gamin Davis and Laura Goodwin live in mine, and I
am thereby much happier in my day-to-day life. I shan't prevent them from
saying anything they want--but I can sure as hell prevent them from saying
it to *me*. That, in my opinion, is the only way to handle situations like
this: get them off your *own* back, and get on with life.

If you don't have a killfile (one of my mailreaders doesn't), you can
usually search for anything from that person and just delete those messages
unread. A little more work, but worth it, if they bother you that much.

Incidentally, I don't killfile people for writing bad fiction. I killfile
them for being poorly behaved. (In Gamin's case, it was her extremely rude
argument style; in Laura G's, it was the sock puppetry. If either of them
wish to discuss this with me, they can send me personal email. I only have
their newsgroup and mailing list posts killed.)

--laura

laura jacquez valentine -+- http://www.dementia.org/~jacquez
current residence: the home for the intermittently daft
Jesus is a meme. -+- http://www.memepool.com/

rae_trail

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

----- quoth Rae:

> I am 100% behind you, my dear. I hate to curtail anyone's
freedom, but this is a moderated list. Can we unmoderate someone for > ongoing
general stupidity and peskiness?

NO. Appearances to the contrary, this is *not* a moderated

mailing list. This is a moderated Usenet newsgroup being
delivered to you as a mailing list.

Killfiles work. Learn to use them.

Mary Ellen

Yes, Mom. Sorry, Mom. I think I'd better just get back to the shuttlecraft that is eating my life.... Rae

Kaki

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

Sep 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/26/00