Challenge: The Rape of Spock?

K.S. Lover

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Re: ASCEML - Challenge: The Rape of Spock?
Date:
Sat, 09 May 1998 23:09:35 PDT
From:
"K.S. Lover" <ksl...@hotmail.com>
To:
mae...@capital.net
CC:
as...@earthlink.net

Oh, boy, I really screwed it up this time.

First of all, my sincere and profound apologies to everyone, especially
the author of Hot Chocolate, for offending them with my language. It IS
a language problem - I'm not an American and I live on the other side of
the globe - and some of the words get lost in translation. Meaning, my
grasp and use of a certain word may have not been that precise.

Just to be precise this time: the kind of stories I was referring to
were the type referred to in Star Trek Lives - and the authors did quote
a zine writer / publisher saying, "...some of the stories go to the
extent of raping the hero." And that is a direct quote. But, I didn't
get the concept of assault or non-consensus sex in that paragraph,
because again from what the authors were discussing, Spock ended up
liking the whole thing anyway. He didn't get traumatized or felt
exploited. As I said, he ended up liking anyway.

And, to be honest, I've just read about that subject in Star Trek Lives.
I haven't seen a real zine story that explores that subject.
(If it's really not rape, is it Spock-ravished-by-a-dominant-woman?)

Hope that clarifies things. Again, I'm really sorry if I've offended
the other readers, especially Spock fans. Believe me, I am one.

Starluck
ksl...@hotmail.com

Maellen of Yiktor

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

Re: ASCEML - Challenge: The Rape of Spock?
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 11:23:53 +500
From:
Maellen of Yiktor <mae...@capital.net>
To:
<ksl...@hotmail.com>
CC:
<as...@earthlink.net>

On 1998-05-09 ksl...@hotmail.com said:
>Oh, boy, I really screwed it up this time.
>First of all, my sincere and profound apologies to everyone,
>especially the author of Hot Chocolate, for offending them with my
>language. It IS a language problem - I'm not an American and I
>live on the other side of the globe - and some of the words get
>lost in translation. Meaning, my grasp and use of a certain word
>may have not been that precise.

Hello Starluck, ASCEM,
To complete this loop, I'm answering this through ASCEM as well. No
apologies are necessary -- on your part. You were quite precise before. I
was the one who screwed up. And even if I had been correct, which I wasn't,
I was brought up not to lose my temper in public, which I did. If anyone
owes apologies, it's me to you and the Group.

>Just to be precise this time: the kind of stories I was referring
>to were the type referred to in Star Trek Lives - and the authors
>did quote a zine writer / publisher saying, "...some of the stories
>go to the extent of raping the hero." And that is a direct quote.
>But, I didn't get the concept of assault or non-consensus sex in
>that paragraph, because again from what the authors were discussing,
>Spock ended up liking the whole thing anyway. He didn't get
>traumatized or felt exploited. As I said, he ended up liking
>anyway.
>And, to be honest, I've just read about that subject in Star Trek
>Lives. I haven't seen a real zine story that explores that subject.
>(If it's really not rape, is it Spock-ravished-by-a-dominant-woman?)

Wasn't there a K/S mirror universe story called "Ravishment" where Spock
was the sub? I don't remember who wrote it. Maybe the rest of you can
help me out on this. I know that's not m/f, but you still might enjoy
reading it.

>Hope that clarifies things. Again, I'm really sorry if I've
>offended the other readers, especially Spock fans. Believe me, I
>am one.
>Starluck
>ksl...@hotmail.com

Maellen
Maellen

Asceml

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

To:
<as...@earthlink.net>
Date:
11 May 1998 04:48:29 GMT
From:
asc...@aol.com (Asceml)
Re: Challenge: The Rape of Spock?

Starluck writes:

>Just to be precise this time: the kind of stories I was referring to
were the type referred to in Star Trek Lives - and the authors did
quote a
zine writer / publisher saying, "...some of the stories go to the
extent of
raping the hero." And that is a direct quote. But, I didn't get the
concept
of assault or non-consensus sex in that paragraph, because again from
what the
authors were discussing, Spock ended up liking the whole thing anyway.
He
didn't get traumatized or felt exploited. As I said, he ended up liking
anyway>

Ah, the old, it wasn't really rape, s/he wanted it anyway defense. Sorry
doesn't work for me..

>And, to be honest, I've just read about that subject in Star Trek
Lives.I
haven't seen a real zine story that explores that subject.
(If it's really not rape, is it Spock-ravished-by-a-dominant-woman?)

No, your honor. I didn't rape s/he. I'm was just feeling really
dominant that
day and ravished her.

Nope. Still doesn't work for me.

>Hope that clarifies things. Again, I'm really sorry if I've offended
>the other readers, especially Spock fans. Believe me, I am one.

I'm a Spock fan. too. I'm also a big fan of not reading stories(or
actually
being in real life) about someone being ravished by a dominant
person.So, as A
Spock fan, I'm not offended. As the latter type of person, I am.

Hope this clarifies things.

anne in chicago

Jungle Kitty

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98