NEW: KSOF "Never Parted" TOS K/S 1/1 [NC-17]

Menolly

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Title: Never Parted
Author: Menolly (Men...@bigpond.com)
Codes: K/S
Rating NC-17

Disclaimer: Characters belong to Paramount, island pinched from
Survivor.

Challenge: Kirk & Spock are stranded on a deserted island.No Pon farr.

Beta: Islaofhope, many thanks for all your helpful suggestions (and
all those commas<g>)

Part of the Kirk/Spock Online Festival which is located at:
http://www.kardasi.com/KSOF/Stories.htm

Never Parted

Spock sat huddled by their boat, examining it again, looking for
flaws in its construction. If he found some, maybe he could delay
Jim's departure. There were none. It was small, but sturdy. There was
no excuse he could give Jim. Tomorrow he would be gone. Shoulders
slumped, he rose and went to sit by the fire.

Neither man had had the energy to gather much wood during the day so
their fire was small. It gave out barely enough heat to make Spock
comfortable. He sat as close as possible to it, stretching out his
hands to warm them. Night fell quickly on this island, and the cold
air quickly penetrated his tattered uniform. Jim looked up from where
he was cooking their dinner and gave him a fleeting smile of welcome.
They didn't speak, they often didn't these days. Sheer survival was
taking most of their energy and there was little spark left in either
of them.

The small animal was charred on one side, underdone on the other when
Jim finally pulled it out of the flames and unwrapped it. Carefully,
he sliced the flesh from its bones. One third of it he diced up and
placed in Spock's bowl. There he mixed it up with a few of the
straggly plants that had proven edible. The result was to make the
entire 'meal' unpalatable to Spock, but it was the only way he could
choke down the animal flesh. He would do it, as there was no
alternative, but every time he ate an animal that they had killed,
some small Vulcan part of him died.

Jim ate hungrily at his part of the animal. They had barely been able
to scrape enough food together to feed themselves on this island. In
the first few weeks they had been sick often, after eating anything
they could get their hands on. Now they knew what to eat, and what
not. Both men were gaunt, shadows of their former selves. If they
delayed any longer Jim might not have the strength to complete his
journey.

When their meal was finished, Jim tidied up while Spock prepared
their bedding. They'd erected a small hut with a rough wooden floor,
leaves had been piled on the floor and a makeshift quilt stuffed with
more. The quilt was made from animal hides painstakingly stitched
together, and its smell was another torture to Spock. Spock lay down
first, fully clothed, searching for a comfortable spot and pulling
the quilt up around him. The nights were long and cold on this
island. Jim joined him shortly, stripped down to his worn black
trousers. They spooned close together, a necessity that Spock had
long since conceded.

There, in the dark, the hard grind of the day behind them, was when
they talked. Sometimes they had talked for hours, at first they had
talked of the possibility of rescue and of where they were. They had
made grand plans for taming this island, for making their life
comfortable. Later they had speculated on why the Enterprise hadn't
found they, had wondered what their friends were doing. Still later
they had decided on the building of the boat and who would sail her.
One night Spock had held Jim while he gave in to despair and quietly
cried himself to sleep. They had known that Jim's tears were for both
of them.

This night Spock held Jim away from him slightly and examined the
human's arm. He had cut it open on some sharp rocks only a few nights
ago and the wound had swollen with the angry red of infection. Jim
had burned with fever for two days. Spock had entered his mind and
used his Vulcan techniques to aid healing. Now there was only a
pinkish scar to be seen.

"If anything happens to you like this, I will not be there to help
you. Let me come with you, Jim."

Jim pulled away angrily. "We've discussed this over and over, Spock.
My decision stands. The boat's not big enough, we wouldn't be able to
carry enough food or water. Besides, the natives on the mainland are
a primitive people. If they get a good look at you, we'll both be
burned at the stake."

Jim calmed himself and turned to face his friend. The despair he saw
in those features softened his tone.

"I won't be long, Spock. I'll sail there, pick up some provisions,
and sail back. You stay here with the emergency beacon. Someone will
hear it soon. They'll come. I know they will."

Spock was not comforted by Jim's optimism; he knew it was unfounded.
Desperately, he played his last card.

"If you will not let me accompany you then let me join our minds."

Spock could hear Jim swallow. "Our minds?"

"I would bond with you, Jim. I will know if you have survived."

It was Spock's deepest fear. That Jim would sail off and he would
never hear of him again. Not to know if he still lived, or if he had
died. To live alone on this island, not willing to die in case Jim
still lived.

"A bond? Like you had with T'Pring?"

Spock was silent for a long time.

"Yes, but it would be stronger between us. We are already attuned.
You would not shut me out as T'Pring did."

Spock could hear the bitterness in his own voice. The bonding with
T'Pring had shadowed his life since he was seven years old. First,
the coldness of it, for so many years. Then the absence, years of
nothingness, an emptiness that never quite went away.

Jim laid a hand on Spock's arm. "No, I would never do that Spock. But
I have to know more about what this would mean for us Spock. Would we
be able to talk to each other?"

"No Jim, we would only have an awareness of each other's well-being.
At the most, we would have a sense of the other's emotional state.
Part of you would be with me, part of me would be with you." Seeing
Jim's hesitation he continued tentatively. "The bond can be dissolved
at another time by a healer."

Kirk nodded decisively.

"Do it then, Spock. Join us."

Spock took several deep breaths to prepare himself and then drew Jim
towards him, his fingers finding the meld points. Both men closed
their eyes as mental contact was achieved.

Spock was no stranger to this mind, and now he entered easily. Jim's
dynamic mind was as sharp as ever. The bonding meld required a total
sharing of their minds and he went deeper than he ever had before.
When his mind was totally wrapped around Jim's he reached out and
joined them together. The link was a fine chain, stretched between
them. For the first time in many years Spock's bonding centre was
engaged, and the emptiness left there by T'pring's severing of their
childhood bond was gone. He was healed. Complete. He began to
withdraw from the mind, leaving only the chain behind, but then
hesitated as an errant human emotion pressed itself into his
consciousness. Tentatively he reached out with his own need and
confusion. Then quickly he withdrew and forced his eyes open.

He stared into Jim's equally shocked eyes.

"Parted and never parted..." he had not meant to speak the words out
loud but Jim had heard his whisper.

"Never and always, touching and touched." Jim responded.

"We meet..."

"... at the appointed place." They finished together.

Jim brought a hand up to touch Spock's face, tracing a finger down
the fine cheekbone. He lent forward and kissed the soft lips,
brushing only lightly against them. Spock slowly returned the kiss.
They pressed together closer under the quilt. Jim reached a hand
inside Spock's shirt and rested it on the hairy chest. He could feel
Spock's deep breathing, hear the raggedness there. His cock was
stiffening with desire.

"Spock, I can feel you inside my mind."

"And I you Jim. While we are bonded it will always be like this. "

Spock's hand came out to tentatively stroke Jim's smooth chest,
trailing down it to rest just above the waistband of his trousers. He
swallowed hard.

"Jim, I believe that the meld may have awakened certain responses in
us..."

"Inappropriate responses, Science Officer?" Jim smiled, his own hand
dipping down lower on Spock's waist.

There was a sudden intake of Vulcan breath as Jim reached down into
Spock's trousers and stroked the bulge he found there.

"Not...entirely inappropriate." Spock swallowed again, searching for
control. "I believe we should stop...and consider..." he gasped
suddenly as he felt cool human fingers slipping under his briefs and
touching the flesh within. "However, there is much to be said for
experimentation..."

"Enough talk Spock. I think we both know what we want." Jim stripped
the Vulcan of his trousers and shirt, and then disrobed himself. When
both men were naked, Jim pressed their bodies together, and joined
their lengths. Their mouths met again in a longer and harder kiss,
Jim snaked a hand down and cradled the Vulcan's testicles. Spock gave
up trying to talk and gave into the sensations as Jim firmly
manipulated him. Both felt a faint echo of the other's pleasure
through the bond, and when Spock came Jim released as well, their
seed mingled together.

They lay quietly for a time, holding each other in the darkness. The
link between them echoed with their certainty and contentment.

Finally, Spock stirred. "Jim, this may be the only night we ever
have. I would like to feel you inside me."

Kirk was slightly shocked at Spock being so forward, but his cock
stirred in eager anticipation.

"Spock? It will hurt."

"I am a Vulcan, pain is easily controlled. Please Jim...give me this.
I want to be joined to you completely, in all ways."

Jim felt along the bond and found only open trust there. Delaying no
longer, he gathered up their semen and spread it over himself, it
would have to serve as there was no other lubricant available. Spock
turned onto his stomach and raised his hips slightly. Jim slowly
prepared him, inserting his fingers and massaging the tight ring of
muscle. Spock sent messages to his body to relax and pushed back
firmly against Jim's fingers.

The ground was hard underneath them, and the wind howled outside
their makeshift shelter, but they could have been in a luxury suite
on Earth for all the difference it made to them. Ever so gently Kirk
slid inside Spock until he was fully sheathed. There was some pain,
and both felt it, but Spock quickly suppressed it. When Kirk began to
move inside Spock all other thoughts disappeared and only their
shared pleasure remained. They moved together as one and when orgasm
took Jim, a wave of pleasure cascaded down the bond and took Spock
over the edge as well. His release echoed back to Jim. Finally the
waves dampened down and exhaustion overtook them. Jim rolled over
onto his side and wrapped his arms around Spock, his eyes sleepily
closing. As he drifted towards sleep he smiled against Spock's
neck. "We'll have this bond forever. And it won't be the last night
Spock. I promise."

At dawn the next morning Spock stood and watched as Jim loaded the
small ship. The boat looked so small; the journey seemed so long; the
task impossible. Desolation gripped his soul, and then Jim looked up
and smiled. The human came back and took one cold Vulcan hand,
holding it tight. He caressed the face and their lips met.

"Don't forget, Spock. I'll be back."

Jim turned, going to the boat and clambered aboard. Spock watched
for a long time as the craft disappeared from sight. Even long after
there was nothing to be seen he kept standing there. The thin chain
of the bond hung between them and he tugged on it gently with his
mind. Felt the answering tug and for a moment he thought he could
hear the light voice on the wind

"...parted from me and never parted."

After a long time, he left the shore and settled back into the lonely
business of survival. That night he took his bedding out to the
beach, watched the dark empty sea and the shining stars, and dreamt
of his lover.

------------------------------

Three weeks later, he stood in the Enterprise transporter room and
watched as a bedraggled human materialized on the pads. There, in
full view of their shipmates, he stepped forward and held out his
joined fingers to his bondmate.

"Never parted Jim, never again."

Jim smiled and matched the fingers with his own.

"No, never parted."

The End

J S Cavalcante

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
Menolly,

What a lovely contribution to the KSOF!

*******************

Spoiler space

*******************

Short and very sweet. I was a little surprised that Spock didn't explain
fully about bonding, that it was a marriage; I tend to think that there are
too many assumptions made in fanfic about "bonding." However, I love the
idea that your Kirk went ahead with it even though (as I imagined) he
didn't fully understand, because he trusted Spock and he understood enough.
I loved the bonding scene and the "not entirely inappropriate reactions"
they had. Wow. And the ending was *perfect.* I can imagine the officers
in the transporter room standing there gaping as Kirk stepped down and
joined his fingers to Spock's. Lovely. <g>

LL&P
J S

Menolly

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
Thank you for your feedback J S. My intention with the bonding was
that
initially Spock wasn't proposing it necessarily as a marriage thing
but just as a way of keeping in touch. Only when they actually melded
did they see this was true love and going to be permanent (cue hearts
& flowers & violins <g>). But I probably should have given Spock a
bit more dialogue at this point. Glad you liked the ending because I
agonised over that a fair bit.

Menolly

T'Rhys

Oct 30, 2000, 11:32:54 AM10/30/00
At 06:52 AM 10/15/2000 -0000, Menolly wrote:

>Title: Never Parted

>Part of the Kirk/Spock Online Festival which is located at:
>http://www.kardasi.com/KSOF/Stories.htm

Good story. I'm assuming the way they got in that predicament was via the
standard issue defective shuttlecraft? <g> Only one small quibble - they
sounded as if they were suffering from acute malnutrition and people in
that condition generally aren't able to perform sexually (the libido simply
shuts down when the body weight falls below a certain ratio) until their
health improves. No point in potential reproduction if the food supply is
so poor it can't sustain an adult adequately.

LL&P }:)
"T'Rhys" <tkn...@ix.netcom.com>