sorta off topic

1 view

Magog

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
Current televison shows I bother to tape and/or watch religiously:

Voyager
DS9
Meet the Press

Current TV shows I enjoy but can take or leave:

First Wave
Farscape
Outer Limits

I haven't watched a sitcom in, oh, I guess 11 years. I hate how we
lost "The Tick" a few years ago. It was incredible, never really
written for kids, migrated to Comedy Central, and died. But it was a
brilliant animated send-up of all things superheroic.

So we're playing Borg-trek trivia control? Naturally, you picked the
one major Borg episode I didn't get to see in its entirety!

How about this one: in TOS, what does Mr. Spock say the force of
Nomad's plasma-energy weapon was equivalent to in number of photon
torpedoes of the time, in the episode, "The Changeling"? (i know, it's
not a borg trivium)

John Kang

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00

I personally prefered Pinky and the Brain. I don't watch that anymore.
Mostly I watch things like the Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and Malcolm
in the Middle. Funny shit. A great one that came up some time ago was
Shasta Mcnasty on UPN. I'm into comedy I guess. I watch Star Trek and B5
had it's moments, but the night of the week I look forward to is Sunday
when the Simpsons come on. I do watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer on
occation (although I have yet to discover a plot, there are other things
to watch for in the show, AKA Buffy herself).

THE SAVAGE CLAN

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
do u now anywhere in uk that i can buy a borg outfit from need it for a ball in
france next year

Magog

Mar 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/6/00
On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 17:49:35 -0800, John Kang <god...@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>I personally prefered Pinky and the Brain. I don't watch that anymore.
>Mostly I watch things like the Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, and Malcolm
>in the Middle. Funny shit. A great one that came up some time ago was
>Shasta Mcnasty on UPN. I'm into comedy I guess. I watch Star Trek and B5
>had it's moments, but the night of the week I look forward to is Sunday
>when the Simpsons come on. I do watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer on
>occation (although I have yet to discover a plot, there are other things
>to watch for in the show, AKA Buffy herself).

I like comedy, and occasionally watch a little stand up on Comedy
Central, but I've never liked the sitcom format, or sitdram, or
whatever. Always seemed too prepackaged to me, too pat.

I was talking about current series, but as long as you mention Buffy
the Vampire Slayer (which I've never been able to get into), I WILL
say I do enjoy vampires when done well on tv. I watched most of
"Forever Knight" when it was cancelled and recycled to the Sci-Fi
channel (and thought it was excellent), and loved the series "Dracula:
The Series" on what became UPN years ago. Geordi Johnson (I think
that's his name) did the best Dracula I've ever seen, with icy
Carpathian calm and a veneer of aristocracy just covering up a
simmering vampiric ferocity; he also played it with a great sense of
humor at times (to a rival vampire, "you were a third-rate bungler
when you forgot to wake up Hitler on D-day and you're one now" or as
he puts the current Van Helsing and the kids [the main drawback to the
series] into a room with walls with spikes that close in, he says,
mainly to us, the audience, "I saw this in a movie once and I just HAD
to have one!"). He never overdid the accent. Also, just when you
thought his character was going to be a bit "noble", he shows you that
really, he IS thoroughly evil. In one episode he and Van Helsing are
quoting some lines from Shakespeare's plays (they're trapped in a room
with a bomb, and Dracula has been temporarrily deprived of his
powers); Dracula quotes from Titus Andronicus, the villain Aaron, "if
in all my life one good deed I did I do repent it from my very soul"
(gves you an idea of the real caliber of the writing).

It was usually paired with the underrated "Superboy" (the second actor
who played Superboy was very good, with a nice edge to his character,
and Sherman Howard was a top-notch Lex Luthor).

I saw Pinky and the Brain once. I thought the modified Orson Welles
imitation the Brain was doing was pretty funny.

The Jigsaw Man

Apr 2, 2000, 4:00:00 AM4/2/00

>How about this one: in TOS, what does Mr. Spock say the force of
>Nomad's plasma-energy weapon was equivalent to in number of photon
>torpedoes of the time, in the episode, "The Changeling"? (i know, it's
>not a borg trivium)

Couldn't say, precisely, but is was in the order of 500x. Which was rather
incredible, concidering that the ENTERPRISE took it, but other times was
seen to buckle under the first shot.....

The Jigsaw Man

Sloan

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00

It was 90, still a titanic (and ridiculous) number; how the heck could
the Enterprise survive 90 simultaneous photon torpedo hits, even torps
of its own era.

Oh well...Trek, ya gotta love it.