Steve Archibald goes public-re violence on daughter

Baldoni

Apr 8, 2007, 3:26:09 PM4/8/07
Former footballer goes public in an appeal to daughter 'abused' by actor
By Richard Osley
Published: 08 April 2007

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article2432455.ece

When Emma Archibald was attacked in the street by EastEnders actor Mohammed
George, she put it down to drunken bickering with her boyfriend - a row that
had escalated over something as mundane as who should empty the dishwasher.

George was arrested in December after an incident outside a restaurant in
Camden, north London, in which Ms Archibald, 26, was reportedly punched and
left on the ground with a bag of rubbish tipped over her. She did not press
charges, but the police persevered with the case and when George pleaded
guilty to the assault last month he was given a caution and suspended by the
BBC for two months.

But now her father, Steve Archibald, the former Spurs, Barcelona and
Scotland footballer, has made it plain what he thought of that explanation
with a very public appeal for his daughter to come to her senses and end the
abusive relationship.

Rather than give his advice behind closed doors, Mr Archibald, 50, used a
newspaper interview to reach out to her, claiming his guidance was being
ignored.

He said: "She's in denial. It's a classic case of domestic abuse. I can't do
nothing, just go along with this horrid situation, sitting at home waiting
for the phone call that tells me she is in hospital, or worse."

Mr Archibald, now living and working in Spain, said he had begun working
with a charity that helps abused women after learning about his daughter's
lifestyle.

He added that he had gone further by writing directly to BBC director
general Mark Thompson to question why George, 24, had been allow to continue
in his role in the soap as binman Gus Smith.

The BBC last night declined to comment on how Mr Thompson had responded to
his letter.

Mr Archibald said: "The point of speaking out is not to harm George, his
career, or even his relationship with his daughter. Emma's safety,
well-being and future is my prime concern."

George's punishment, added Mr Archibald, was just a "slap on the wrist" and
he feared the incident was not isolated. He said that his family had kept a
diary of every time his daughter had appeared injured, and added: "She's
told me herself how he has dragged her across the room by her hair."

He said he knew that going public with his appeal could backfire and ruin
his relationship with his daughter but added: "If I don't speak out, I would
never forgive myself if something did happen to her."

The couple, who have a two-year-old daughter, Olivia, have played down the
incident. George has denied the claims and Ms Archibald has steadfastly
rejected claims that she has been bullied by the actor.

George, whose representatives were unavailable for comment yesterday, said
on his BBC webpage: "I know that when I'm out, I'm public property, so it's
important to be a role model."

--
The Brockton Blockbuster

49 - 0

YID ARMY

Apr 9, 2007, 10:22:25 AM4/9/07
Very Sad.

"Baldoni" <amalfi.org> wrote in message

Baldoni

Apr 9, 2007, 11:03:45 AM4/9/07
In news:RJ-dneEWUby50Yfb...@bt.com,
YID ARMY <yi...@thfc.co.uk> typed:
| Very Sad.

Quite, and being a public figure Archibald is in a difficult situation.
This sort of thing is all to common, I myself have been surprised by some
blokes who feel the need to tell all and sundry that they gave their wives
and girlfriends a crack upside the head. It is hard to fathom out from the
women's point of view as to why they stay with these scumbags,.

I was out with my mates once and stopped this guy dragging his wife by the
hair along the ground, he would not fuck of so one of my mates dropped him
and then he run off. The wife was in hysterics as she told us we should not
have got involved as she was know to scared to go home as he would really
kick shit out of her.

A mate of mine jumped in on the Warwick Rd in Earls Court where a guy was
beating his missus up in broad daylight. The wife and the husband rounded
on him and he had to seek refuge in a corner shop. I know we should not get
involved in domestic problems but if that shit happened to one of my
daughters or sister of mine I would explode.

I bet you was called out to a lot of this sort of thing when you was on the
force ? I always likes Archibald may he get a result from this.

Count Baldoni

YID ARMY

Apr 9, 2007, 7:42:57 PM4/9/07

"Baldoni" <amalfi.org> wrote in message

Always hated Domestics.
Hardest thing in the world to maintain an air of impatiality when all you
want to do is kick 7 bells out of the shitbag.
You wouldn't believe the sorts of people who hit their wives. Outwardly
respectable businesmen, Ministers etc.
Scum of the earth all of them.
The worst and most frustrating thing was that after an hour or two, the wife
would invariably change her mind and want him back. Victims who are stuck in
an ongoing situation that they can't break free from.

emmaa...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2015, 6:28:48 AM4/23/15
Who wrote this rubbish I Am or never have been a drug user I have a trust fund set up from my millionaire father why would I feel the need to whore myself? I own the Moonlighting club in Greek street with my fiancé so it's not a seedy brothel it's an established club come check us out great music food and drinks bye bye haters!

emmaa...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2015, 6:30:32 AM4/23/15
Works at moonlighting club in Greek street not a hooker owns it with a Greek guy

kurtro...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 9:18:46 PM7/11/14
EMMA HAS BEEN WORKING AS AN ESCORT FOR YEARS USING THE NAME "TIFFANY" TO SURPORT HER COKE HABIT AND THAT SHE A DIRTY FUCKING SLUT. SHE WORKED AT MOONLIGHT AGENCY AND DONE WEBCAM AND MEETS ON ADULTWORKS CAM GIRL NAME TIFFANY

clubcla...@hotmail.com

Jan 11, 2017, 4:22:34 AM1/11/17
the result is his whole story was lies and fabrication, Emma was the one actually abusing Mo in drunken drug fulled attacks, she is still and addict till this day hence why she has lost custody of her daughter, the one steve describes as such caring loving mother too. what scum you would write this story to ruin Mr Georges career when he was the only person in Emma's life who actually got her an honest job and tried to stop her doing drugs. Archibald family are very Evil and twisted, instead to helping your daughter you attempted to destroy the only person who actually put a roof over her head and tried to help her over come her addiction . congratulations to mo on suing various papers including for this story Steve did thats full of lies .