SAFC - Hartlepool

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Finchy

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 7:08:59 AM12/8/03
to
Any Mags fancy going over to support Hartlepool for this one ?


Finchy


Finchy

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 7:41:31 AM12/8/03
to

"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:br1pkq$rou$1...@hercules.btinternet.com...

> Any Mags fancy going over to support Hartlepool for this one ?
>
>
> Finchy

PS Not for any bother. Just the laugh.


Eyan The Mackem

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 1:39:41 PM12/8/03
to

"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:br1rhr$5g5$1...@sparta.btinternet.com...

Aye yer welcome matey.....

Put yer black and white shirt on tho


mac

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 4:26:09 PM12/8/03
to

"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:br1rhr$5g5$1...@sparta.btinternet.com...
i it would be good seeing you getting a kicking - again !

and also funnee


Paul

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 4:53:44 PM12/8/03
to
"mac" <m...@mac.com> wrote in news:br2q9g$9r8$1
@sparta.btinternet.com:

> i it would be good seeing you getting a kicking - again !
>
> and also funnee

Let's see - our chances at home to Hartlepool vs your chances away
to Southampton. Pretty good odds of you getting tossed from your
third competition this season :-)

Paul

Dominic X

unread,
Dec 8, 2003, 5:39:31 PM12/8/03
to
Any Mags fancy going over to support Hartlepool for this one ?

Why would they do that?

Is it because Keegan has taken over as manager?

Or because they have bought second place in the Premier League?


Sing

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 4:21:29 AM12/9/03
to

"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:br1rhr$5g5$1...@sparta.btinternet.com...
i think it would be pretty funny!...i fancy the 'pool for this game like..!


Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 5:23:23 AM12/9/03
to

"Eyan The Mackem" <i...@ere.com> wrote in message
news:br2gum$280le6$4...@ID-217485.news.uni-berlin.de...

Do you know where I can get a good pint of scotch near the stadium ?


Finchy


PS You'll know when I've arrived because all the birds will turn their heads


Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 5:29:14 AM12/9/03
to

"mac" <m...@mac.com> wrote in message
news:br2q9g$9r8$1...@sparta.btinternet.com...

Yawn !


Finchy


Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 5:30:13 AM12/9/03
to

"Paul" <pa...@expertcanmore.net> wrote in message
news:Xns944B97293A144p...@198.161.157.145...


Are you saying that you would not swap places with us then ?


Finchy


Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 5:31:10 AM12/9/03
to

"Dominic X" <dominne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:B47Bb.383$LI6...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

How many lines of coke have you just snorted ?


Finchy


Dave Herbal

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 6:49:46 AM12/9/03
to
in article br47qr$7ai$1...@titan.btinternet.com, Finchy at
Fin...@btopenworld.com wrote on 9/12/03 10:23 am:

Try the Terminus. Wear your barcode, or better still, wear a Celtic top.
Then enjoy a pleasant welcome at the North East's most
protestant-heed-the-ba'-thug pub.

Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 7:01:24 AM12/9/03
to

"Dave Herbal" <nolo...@dunelmtest.com> wrote in message
news:BBFB6754.1C572%nolo...@dunelmtest.com...


I think it's long been established that I can handle myself, so more
importantly -
What's the scotch like ?

Finchy


Dominic X

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 8:32:02 AM12/9/03
to

> How many lines of coke have you just snorted ?

None, because a) I have one friend with a full on addiction to it, with
another two at least half way there... and b) The purity of the flour that
is sold as coke in the North East would have Homepride reeling :P

Anyhow, I was just wandering why Newcastle fans would go to a match, and
Keegan taking over and purchasing second spot in the league for Newcastle
was the last reason lots of Geordies wanted to go to matches.


Sing

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 9:04:04 AM12/9/03
to

"Dominic X" <dominne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:q9kBb.16651$LI6....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
Shut up you Tossa, you know fuck all! Why wouldn't Newcastle fans want to go
to a match?
...and if we could BUY a position in the league, why would we choose
second - fuckwit!

--
singwhenyou'rewinning
FTM (Free Tickets for Mackems)


Dave Herbal

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 9:49:39 AM12/9/03
to
in article br4dik$9v0$1...@hercules.btinternet.com, Finchy at
Fin...@btopenworld.com wrote on 9/12/03 12:01 pm:


Don't know - don't drink it cos its too weak.


PS Don't care how hard you are - they would string the entire fucking
catholic church up outside given half a chance. Unless you are some kind of
hulk type character and can bend tank barrels into knots and stuff.

Next question - Going to see Madness at the arena on sat. Can someone tell
me the name of that gay pub halfway up the hill so i can avoid it. After the
last arena gig i went to i managed to stagger to the first pub only to find
it was more than a little, er, camp.

Finchy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 10:27:07 AM12/9/03
to

"Dave Herbal" <nolo...@dunelmtest.com> wrote in message
news:BBFB9181.1C588%nolo...@dunelmtest.com...
> Try pouring a double vodka in it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

>
> PS Don't care how hard you are - they would string the entire fucking
> catholic church up outside given half a chance. Unless you are some kind
of hulk type character and can bend tank barrels into knots and stuff.

I think i'll give that pub a go. Sounds promising.

I went to the hardest pub in Portsmouth once called the "Mighty Fine" ???
come out of the railway station, turn right towards the town centre and
there it is on your right, with boards for windows. A haunt for the world
famous 657 crew, Oooooooooooooooo hello sailor. Fucking puffs bar if you ask
me. Came down from Aldershot with a few of the lads for the weekend. Not a
squeek from them Pompey boys when it came down to it.


> Next question - Going to see Madness at the arena on sat. Can someone tell
> me the name of that gay pub halfway up the hill so i can avoid it. After
the
> last arena gig i went to i managed to stagger to the first pub only to
find
> it was more than a little, er, camp.

> You poor bastard. The same thing happened to me. I went in this bar called
the Court Yard to kill a bit of time before my date turned up and it was
full of blokes looking like Freddy Mercury. I sat in this alcove, keeping a
low profile and this lezza bird I used to know spotted me. She came over and
said she never knew. Obviously I was demented and put her straight. When she
left she told me to shut up and read my pink. There was a magazine on the
table which I thought was the football pink and it wasn't. It was a puffs
paper. A horrible event in my life that I want to forget.

Your best bet is to go to Yates, right outside the station. Obviously don't
mention SAFC or you'll get hammered.
>
>
> Finchy
>


Dominic X

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 10:45:31 AM12/9/03
to

> ...and if we could BUY a position in the league, why would we choose
> second - fuckwit!

You didn't choose second, you dropped a 12 point lead after spending massive
amounts of money, remember? Or did you not support Newcastle then?


Paul

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 10:51:48 AM12/9/03
to
"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in
news:br47qr$7ai$1...@titan.btinternet.com:

> PS You'll know when I've arrived because all the birds will turn
> their heads

Even the pigeons can't bear the sight of you then.

Paul

Paul

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 10:59:55 AM12/9/03
to
"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in news:br487l$pc1$1
@hercules.btinternet.com:

> "Paul" <pa...@expertcanmore.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns944B97293A144p...@198.161.157.145...
>> "mac" <m...@mac.com> wrote in news:br2q9g$9r8$1
>> @sparta.btinternet.com:
>>
>> > i it would be good seeing you getting a kicking - again !
>> > and also funnee
>>
>> Let's see - our chances at home to Hartlepool vs your chances
>> away to Southampton. Pretty good odds of you getting tossed
>> from your third competition this season :-)
>

> Are you saying that you would not swap places with us then ?

Yawn - let's not start that again. It's the difference between how
good we know our team is and how good you think your team is.

SAFC's objective this year is to win promotion and we've been in
the thick of the battle all season. NUFC's objective (as stated by
Sir Bobby) is to finish 4th and requalify for a tournament they
were quickly tossed from this year - both of which are lower
performances than the previous season, which means your team is
going backwards. We'll be waving when we pass you again (might
take a couple of years, though :-)

Paul

Lappy@nufc.com Tappy Lappy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 11:21:24 AM12/9/03
to

So you think that is a hard pub? My ex-local had Kate Adie as a barmaid.

Tappy


Lappy@nufc.com Tappy Lappy

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 11:21:24 AM12/9/03
to

"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:br1pkq$rou$1...@hercules.btinternet.com...
> Any Mags fancy going over to support Hartlepool for this one ?
>
>
> Finchy
>
Might be hoot, to see the Monkeys string someone else up for a change. ;-]


Sing

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 11:40:15 AM12/9/03
to

"Dominic X" <dominne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:y6mBb.31513$LI6....@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
So how do you explain Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal being where they are
Fuckwit.!!!
With exception of Man U and some good youngsters and not forgetting, Veron,
Nistelrooy, Stam etc...All 3 of these teams are where they are now because
of money!
Eee lad, trying to explain the proverbial obvious to thick SMBs, is like
your team and fans becoming as class and as loyal as ours!

Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 9, 2003, 3:49:32 PM12/9/03
to
Tappy Lappy wrote:


>
> So you think that is a hard pub? My ex-local had Kate Adie as a barmaid.
>
> Tappy
>
>

You lived in Ashbrooke?


--
Mike Garry

aj

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 12:58:08 AM12/10/03
to

"Mike Garry" <michael.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:0yqBb.453$rr3....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...

Ashbrooke? Where'd she work? Ivy? Rosedene? Barnes? That one near Hillview
whose name escapes me cos I'm fecking hammered? She grew up around Crosslea
Avenue didn't she? The streets around there - Bainbridge, Newlands and that.
I live on Strawberry Bank... it pays to <hopefully> know these things...
lol;)

Ugh - need co-codemol:(

aj


Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 6:46:28 AM12/10/03
to
>
> Ashbrooke? Where'd she work? Ivy? Rosedene? Barnes? That one near Hillview
> whose name escapes me cos I'm fecking hammered? She grew up around Crosslea
> Avenue didn't she? The streets around there - Bainbridge, Newlands and that.
> I live on Strawberry Bank... it pays to <hopefully> know these things...
> lol;)
>
> Ugh - need co-codemol:(
>
> aj
>
>

I aint got a clue, I just knew she grew up there as my mum knew her as a
kid! You actually live on Strawberry Bank? Posh bastard :P

My sisters work in the Ivy, if that helps!

--
Mike Garry

Ian

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 7:15:39 AM12/10/03
to
Bets this gives Finchy loads of ammo...

...as said elsewhere, meet at Yates or Weatherspoons (Union Rooms), or
the Irish Bar opposite the Central Station (can't remember the name).

Do your drinking before you get in the Arena, cause the beer prices
inside can make the Quayside look cheap.

As regards gay bars - the grapevine has it that you avoid:

Courtyard (also tranny friendly)
Rockies (evenings)
The Dog (the old Dog and Parrot before it got taken over)
The Bank
The Eagle
Sugar
Strings
Vineyard (???)
Bettys
Powerhouse (their nightclub)

Also dodgy (on / around Times Square):

Twist
Baron and Baroness
Heroes
The Terminus ( :-| so you like drinking in there Finchy)
Dog and Parrot (formerly the Tut'n'Shive, formerly something else)

Slight risk of unwanted attention:

Gotham Town (should be okay)

The names of these places has stuck because my bus comes off the
Redheugh bridge on the way to work. I had the misfortune of passing
through the area on foot last night (me and my mates parked at the
Gate (Tiger Tiger and Mood look class) to go to the Meatloaf concert
at the Arena) and what was visible through the windows of these places
(no disrespect Alexander) made me feel a little uneasy.

The bloke completely head to toe in leather was for starters. After
that, it was just a case of realising that these places only seemed to
have male clientel who seemed quite happy to cosy up together in
little huddles, etc. Nothing was happening to be fair, it was just a
case of you know something is not right when all of these 'new' places
were men only. Until recently, they were all flying the rainbow
coloured flag (nicked off the Inca indians in Peru per chance???).

We walked a different way back to avoid the gay bars - the trouble is
that meant using...

...ugh...

...how can I say it...

...we found ourselves up St. James Boulevard!!!


The one thing that made me smile was that for ages, Rockies had a
great big banner on the side of it, advertising
'www.newcastlegayscene.co.uk' (or was it .com?). That was the view
away supporters first got of Newcastle on the way off Redheugh bridge
before pushing on up the Boulevard. ;-)

That said, the Meatloaf concert was class and the guy gave 100%,
despite only having his heart op two weeks ago. Still able to sell
out (and quite a lot of young fans as well) after all these years.

Interesting piss take at the beginning of his recent health problems,
with him on a stretcher being 'nursed' back to health.

But the highlight for me was the blonde girl in the leather outfit she
wore towards the end - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

...anyone else who was there will know exactly what I mean.

Wouldn't mind a roll in the hay or three with her.

Ian

P.S. Why is it that one of the favourite Newcastle United Casio haunts
for the players is called the Grosvenor (St. James Boulevard)?


"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<br4pkb$h2j$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>...

Dave Herbal

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 8:07:27 AM12/10/03
to
in article bIDBb.141$FN...@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net, Mike Garry at
michael.g...@ntlworld.com wrote on 10/12/03 11:46 am:


ooh you've gone and done it now Garry.

Certain ex-sas (sorry, para) mags can use their army skills to track you
down, via your sisters, for a kicking now. Oh, and shag your sisters while
drinking a pint of scotch with vodka in it.

Finchy

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 8:36:09 AM12/10/03
to

"Dave Herbal" <nolo...@dunelmtest.com> wrote in message
news:BBFCCB0C.1C832%nolo...@dunelmtest.com...

Quiet. I'm already outside his house [in the bushes] tooled up and ready to
go. Don't fancy his sister though. Have to settle for a ham shank.


Finchy
>


aj

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 9:10:07 AM12/10/03
to

"Mike Garry" <michael.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:bIDBb.141$FN...@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net...

Hmm. I know Andrea the barmaid - she worked with my mate and she's really
canny. And I know a barmaid that lives in Ashbrooke just next to the
roundabout cos I know the lass who lives in the flat underneath,
Katherine...

aj


Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 9:39:14 AM12/10/03
to
Finchy wrote:


> >
> > ooh you've gone and done it now Garry.
> >
> > Certain ex-sas (sorry, para) mags can use their army skills to track you
> > down, via your sisters, for a kicking now. Oh, and shag your sisters
> while
> > drinking a pint of scotch with vodka in it.
>
> Quiet. I'm already outside his house [in the bushes] tooled up and ready to
> go. Don't fancy his sister though. Have to settle for a ham shank.
>
>
> Finchy

Wrong house then, as theres no bushes. And they say our army is quite
good!

--
Mike Garry

Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 9:39:50 AM12/10/03
to
Dave Herbal wrote:

>
> ooh you've gone and done it now Garry.
>
> Certain ex-sas (sorry, para) mags can use their army skills to track you
> down, via your sisters, for a kicking now. Oh, and shag your sisters while
> drinking a pint of scotch with vodka in it.
>

Hah, and he'd get a swift kick in the balls from either of my sisters!

--
Mike Garry

Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 9:40:42 AM12/10/03
to
aj wrote:


>
> Hmm. I know Andrea the barmaid - she worked with my mate and she's really
> canny. And I know a barmaid that lives in Ashbrooke just next to the
> roundabout cos I know the lass who lives in the flat underneath,
> Katherine...
>
> aj
>
>

You don't mean Lucy from Oldham do you? She lives next to the roundabout
if I remember rightly...

--
Mike Garry

aj

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 10:16:02 AM12/10/03
to

"Mike Garry" <michael.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:zfGBb.248$FN...@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net...

I think that was her name, aye;). We sometimes go for a drink at Katherine's
after we've been clubbing, and she was there once. Me mate tried it on with
her - mind you, he was fecking hammered...lol. Also, with regards to the
Ivy, I've never felt safer in a pub than when Big Andy's hovering around.
There's in my 9 years drinking there, I've only ever seen two fights, and
they were both swiftly thrown out by the big bastard...lol.

Oh - plus there's the knock-off tabs at Ronnie and Pete's;)

aj


Mike Garry

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 12:22:23 PM12/10/03
to
aj wrote:

>
> "Mike Garry" <michael.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:zfGBb.248$FN...@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net...
> > aj wrote:
> >
> >
> > >
> > > Hmm. I know Andrea the barmaid - she worked with my mate and she's
> really
> > > canny. And I know a barmaid that lives in Ashbrooke just next to the
> > > roundabout cos I know the lass who lives in the flat underneath,
> > > Katherine...
> > >
> > > aj
> > >
> > >
> >
> > You don't mean Lucy from Oldham do you? She lives next to the roundabout
> > if I remember rightly...
> >
> > --
> > Mike Garry
>
> I think that was her name, aye;). We sometimes go for a drink at Katherine's
> after we've been clubbing, and she was there once. Me mate tried it on with
> her - mind you, he was fecking hammered...lol. Also, with regards to the

If it was her, shes a cracking laugh. Knows her footy too, rather
passionate on the plight of lower league clubs!

> Ivy, I've never felt safer in a pub than when Big Andy's hovering around.
> There's in my 9 years drinking there, I've only ever seen two fights, and
> they were both swiftly thrown out by the big bastard...lol.
>

Yes, I have seen Andy deal with a fight before. Used to be a boxer, bet
you couldn't guess!

> Oh - plus there's the knock-off tabs at Ronnie and Pete's;)
>

"Dodgy" Ronnie! I was clubbing with him in Manor Quay last time I was in
there. Well, I say with him, more like we all decided to go, and he just
appeared later!

--
Mike Garry

DoctorMick

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 12:45:57 PM12/10/03
to

--
DoctorMick
"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...

> Bets this gives Finchy loads of ammo...
>
> ...as said elsewhere, meet at Yates or Weatherspoons (Union Rooms), or
> the Irish Bar opposite the Central Station (can't remember the name).
>
> Do your drinking before you get in the Arena, cause the beer prices
> inside can make the Quayside look cheap.
>
> As regards gay bars - the grapevine has it that you avoid:
>
> Powerhouse (their nightclub)
>

Which is actually a really good nightclub....layout wise. I've had a few
good nights in there. If anyone gets turned on by women getting it on (and
how many men don't?) get down there! You have to be able to cope with
seeing blokes kissing tho.

> Also dodgy (on / around Times Square):
>
> Twist
>

I'd say 90%+ of the people that go in there are gay.

>
> I had the misfortune of passing
> through the area on foot last night (me and my mates parked at the
> Gate (Tiger Tiger and Mood look class) to go to the Meatloaf concert
> at the Arena) and what was visible through the windows of these places
> (no disrespect Alexander) made me feel a little uneasy.

Odd because it is probably the safest place in Newcastle to be.

>
> The bloke completely head to toe in leather was for starters. After
> that, it was just a case of realising that these places only seemed to
> have male clientel who seemed quite happy to cosy up together in
> little huddles, etc.

Some people around there do dress a little funny but to be fair you won't
get much bother. I've been down a few times with friends and haven't had
any bother. I've been chatted up a few times by men down there but once you
tell them ur straight they back off and it doesn't do your ego any harm.
--
DoctorMick


aj

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 2:02:18 PM12/10/03
to

"Mike Garry" <michael.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:fDIBb.383$526....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net...

lol - to be honest, I've drifted away from there recently. I've started
getting a bit agrophobic so when it's busy I'm a little uneasy unless I'm
sitting down and drunk :-/. I've started drinking a lot in the DunCow on
Tuesdays - absolutely dead, warm, roaring fire, footy on telly, good music
and Mike the Barman to have a craic on with... good place;)

aj


Lappy@nufc.com Tappy Lappy

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 6:29:44 PM12/10/03
to

"Paul" <pa...@expertcanmore.net> wrote in message
news:Xns944C5B30144DFp...@198.161.157.145...
Why do you want to win promotion Paul?


Paul

unread,
Dec 10, 2003, 6:47:12 PM12/10/03
to
"Tappy Lappy" <Tappy La...@NUFC.com> wrote in news:br8a98$8u6$1
@titan.btinternet.com:

> "Paul" <pa...@expertcanmore.net> wrote in message
> news:Xns944C5B30144DFp...@198.161.157.145...

>> SAFC's objective this year is to win promotion and we've been in


>> the thick of the battle all season. NUFC's objective (as stated
>> by Sir Bobby) is to finish 4th and requalify for a tournament
>> they were quickly tossed from this year - both of which are
>> lower performances than the previous season, which means your
>> team is going backwards. We'll be waving when we pass you again
>> (might take a couple of years, though :-)
>>

> Why do you want to win promotion Paul?

Well, it will mean we've reversed the decline of the past three
years. And it will mean that we can say that we're good enough to
play in the same division as ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal even though
we won't have a hope in Hell of being in their class :-p

I must say I'm always puzzled by the fact that you are satisfied to
simply have your team in the PL and don't seem to care whether it
gets better every year. My approach to life is to seek continual
improvement in everything I do and I'm not satisfied with marking
time or going backwards. I'm not taking anything away from NUFC's
performances in recent years but the team isn't improving and is
going to be fortunate to finish in the top six let alone qualify
for Europe this year. What ought to be done about it?

And as to Finchy's question, why would I want SAFC and NUFC to swap
places and miss out on the derbies and finishing ahead of you
(again)? :-)

Paul

ftf

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 2:19:26 AM12/11/03
to
Ian wrote>
<snip>

> We walked a different way back to avoid the gay bars -
<snip>
Do you mean you changed your style of walk (ie less camp perhaps) or your
route ;o)

Finchy

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 5:12:27 AM12/11/03
to

"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> Bets this gives Finchy loads of ammo...
>
> ...as said elsewhere, meet at Yates or Weatherspoons (Union Rooms), or
> the Irish Bar opposite the Central Station (can't remember the name).
>
> Do your drinking before you get in the Arena, cause the beer prices
> inside can make the Quayside look cheap.
>
> As regards gay bars - the grapevine. GRAPEVINE MY SWEATY BOLLOCKS, I BET
YOU'RE IN THEM ALL THE TIME. has it that you avoid:
>
> Courtyard (also tranny friendly) AND YOU WORKED THAT OUT PASSING BY ON
YOUR BUS DID YOU ?

> Rockies (evenings)
> The Dog (the old Dog and Parrot before it got taken over)
> The Bank
> The Eagle
> Sugar
> Strings
> Vineyard (???)
> Bettys
> Powerhouse (YOUR nightclub)

>
> Also dodgy (on / around Times Square):
>
> Twist
> Baron and Baroness
> Heroes
> The Terminus (NO?????????????????????)

> Dog and Parrot (formerly the Tut'n'Shive, formerly something else)
>
> Slight risk of unwanted attention:
>
> Gotham Town (should be okay)
>
> The names of these places has stuck because my bus comes off the
> Redheugh bridge on the way to work.BULL SHIT I had the misfortune of
passing MY TRADE through the area on foot last night RENT BOY (me and my
PUFFTA mates parked at the

> Gate (Tiger Tiger and Mood look class) to go to the Meatloaf concert
> at the Arena) and what was visible through the windows of these places
> (no disrespect Alexander) made me feel a little uneasy.SOFT SHITE
>
> The bloke completely head to toe in leather was for starters. STOP GETTING
YOURSELF EXCITED After

> that, it was just a case of realising that these places only seemed to
> have male clientel who seemed quite happy to cosy up together in
> little huddles, etc.HOW LONG WERE YOU LOOKING IN THE WINDOW ????/

Nothing was happening to be fair, it was just a
> case of you know something is not right when all of these 'new' places
> were men only.CAREFUL, YOU'LL CAUSE A STAMPEDE FROM 95% OF THIS NEWS
GROUP INTO NEWCASTLE IF YOU DON'T WATCH IT. Until recently, they were all

flying the rainbow
> coloured flag (nicked off the Inca indians in Peru per chance???).
>
> We walked a different way back to avoid the gay bars - the trouble is
> that meant using...ARSE SORE AT THIS POINT, COULDN'T TAKE ANYMORE.

>
> ...ugh...
>
> ...how can I say it...
>
> ...we found ourselves up St. James Boulevard!!! GLADIATORS WALK
> OTHERWISE KNOWN AS FLYING BRICK WAY

>
> The one thing that made me smile was that for ages, Rockies had a
> great big banner on the side of it, advertising
> 'www.newcastlegayscene.co.uk' (or was it .com?). That was the view
> away supporters first got of Newcastle on the way off Redheugh bridge
> before pushing on up the Boulevard. ;-) THIS IS THE STUDENT PART OF TOWN.
WHEN THEY GO SO DO THE QUEERS. OMITTING
OF COURSE WHEN WE PLAY YOUR LOT, THEN THE PLACE IS BOUNCING WITH MACKEMS.
I HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF GOING INTO ONE OF THESE BARS ONCE [COS I DIDN'T
KNOW] AND WOULDN'T DRINK MY NORMAL TIPPLE OF A PINT OF SCOTCH, FOR OBVIOUS
REASONS. HAD TO SETTLE WITH A BOTTLE OF BROWN, DRUNK OUT OF THE BOTTLE.

> That said, the Meatloaf concert was class and the guy gave 100%,
> despite only having his heart op two weeks ago. Still able to sell
> out (and quite a lot of young fans as well DODGY) after all these years.

>
> Interesting piss take at the beginning of his recent health problems,
> with him on a stretcher being 'nursed' back to health.
>
> But the highlight for me was the blonde girl in the leather outfit she
> wore towards the end - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...SHE'D EAT YOU
ALIVE.

>
> ...anyone else who was there will know exactly what I mean.
>
> Wouldn't mind a roll in the hay or three with her.
> NOT A CHANCE.

Ian

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 8:04:53 AM12/11/03
to
Forgot to mention Rockshots (50/50) and Scotland Yard (where
Powerhouse started). ;-)

iai...@yahoo.com (Ian) wrote in message news:<acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com>...

Ian

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 8:05:46 AM12/11/03
to
"ftf" <fxfblock@spamf@ree.co.uk> wrote in message news:<br95p0$ues$1...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...

I had to mince back, because I wasn't attracting enough admiring looks... ;-)

Ian

Ian

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 8:12:46 AM12/11/03
to
"DoctorMick" <Docto...@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<br7m4k$4qb$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>...

> --
> DoctorMick
> "Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> > Bets this gives Finchy loads of ammo...
> >
> > ...as said elsewhere, meet at Yates or Weatherspoons (Union Rooms), or
> > the Irish Bar opposite the Central Station (can't remember the name).
> >
> > Do your drinking before you get in the Arena, cause the beer prices
> > inside can make the Quayside look cheap.
> >
> > As regards gay bars - the grapevine has it that you avoid:
> >
> > Powerhouse (their nightclub)
> >
>
> Which is actually a really good nightclub....layout wise. I've had a few
> good nights in there. If anyone gets turned on by women getting it on (and
> how many men don't?) get down there! You have to be able to cope with
> seeing blokes kissing tho.

Are we talking about hunky manly lezzas or gourgeous lasses that
wouldn't look out of place on the Quayside and could have any man they
wanted, should they wished.

So there you go Finchey, an excuse to go to Powerhouse. ;-)

Reminds me of the Jamaican lesbians video my mate downloaded...

...that seriously blew my mind.



> > Also dodgy (on / around Times Square):
> >
> > Twist
> >
>
> I'd say 90%+ of the people that go in there are gay.
>
> >
> > I had the misfortune of passing
> > through the area on foot last night (me and my mates parked at the
> > Gate (Tiger Tiger and Mood look class) to go to the Meatloaf concert
> > at the Arena) and what was visible through the windows of these places
> > (no disrespect Alexander) made me feel a little uneasy.
>
> Odd because it is probably the safest place in Newcastle to be.

Agreed...

...one thing is they don't suffer fools gladly and do tend to stick up
for each other...

...cue innuendos.



> >
> > The bloke completely head to toe in leather was for starters. After
> > that, it was just a case of realising that these places only seemed to
> > have male clientel who seemed quite happy to cosy up together in
> > little huddles, etc.
>
> Some people around there do dress a little funny but to be fair you won't
> get much bother. I've been down a few times with friends and haven't had
> any bother. I've been chatted up a few times by men down there but once you
> tell them ur straight they back off and it doesn't do your ego any harm.

No Frankie Howard types (won't take no, titter ye not)... ;-)

...fair comment, though.

Ian

Ian

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 12:33:02 PM12/11/03
to
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

...you just don't get it big boy. You see, ever since your manly
body appeared on this newsgroup, I've just been itching to get between
your big chubby cheeks...

...so hows about it big boy, how about some real adult fun!!!


"Finchy" <Fin...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:<br9fua$1l5$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>...

aj

unread,
Dec 11, 2003, 12:46:55 PM12/11/03
to

"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
>
> ...you just don't get it big boy. You see, ever since your manly
> body appeared on this newsgroup, I've just been itching to get between
> your big chubby cheeks...
>
> ...so hows about it big boy, how about some real adult fun!!!
>


In the words of Ford Prefect: "Goosnargh."

aj


Finchy

unread,
Dec 12, 2003, 9:44:34 AM12/12/03
to

"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
>
> ...you just don't get it big boy. You see, ever since your manly
> body appeared on this newsgroup, I've just been itching to get between
> your big chubby cheeks...
>
> ...so hows about it big boy, how about some real adult fun!!!

Sorry !

Only into birds.

Why not get yourself along to the SOL. Plenty of huckles there.

Finchy

DoctorMick

unread,
Dec 12, 2003, 12:34:25 PM12/12/03
to
"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> "DoctorMick" <Docto...@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:<br7m4k$4qb$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>...
> > --
> > DoctorMick
> > "Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:acc5ee50.03121...@posting.google.com...
> > > Bets this gives Finchy loads of ammo...
> > >
> > > ...as said elsewhere, meet at Yates or Weatherspoons (Union Rooms), or
> > > the Irish Bar opposite the Central Station (can't remember the name).
> > >
> > > Do your drinking before you get in the Arena, cause the beer prices
> > > inside can make the Quayside look cheap.
> > >
> > > As regards gay bars - the grapevine has it that you avoid:
> > >
> > > Powerhouse (their nightclub)
> > >
> >
> > Which is actually a really good nightclub....layout wise. I've had a
few
> > good nights in there. If anyone gets turned on by women getting it on
(and
> > how many men don't?) get down there! You have to be able to cope with
> > seeing blokes kissing tho.
>
> Are we talking about hunky manly lezzas or gourgeous lasses that
> wouldn't look out of place on the Quayside and could have any man they
> wanted, should they wished.
>

Its a mixture....some rotters, some stunners!
--
DoctorMick


DoctorMick

unread,
Dec 12, 2003, 12:36:51 PM12/12/03
to
"Ian" <iai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:acc5ee50.0312...@posting.google.com...

Both knocked down or closed I think.
--
DoctorMick


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages