OEL

Visiblink

Jul 25, 2021, 12:52:00 AM7/25/21
I sure hope he can play decently for half a decade.

I swear the Vancouver Canucks are the front for a Swedish money
laundering organization.

Gary

Jul 25, 2021, 2:18:29 PM7/25/21
If the Canucks can get 3 or 4 years out of OEL as a decent first line
defenseman, and if Garland is as solid a player as many say he is, then
Benning has pulled off one of the best trades in Canuck history.

On the other hand, if OEL turns out to be Eriksson Part 2 then Benning
has hamstrung this franchise for the next six years.

In any event, this trade has certainly made this upcoming season a lot
more interesting than it would have been.

Should be fun seeing what happens.

- Gary

Dutch

Jul 25, 2021, 11:30:44 PM7/25/21
I think there's more to come in free agency. It appears that the team is
looking to make some strides now. Maybe a defenseman or two out
(Schmidt, Hamenik) and others in and maybe another depth forward.

Visiblink

Jul 26, 2021, 10:24:17 AM7/26/21
On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 11:15:56 -0700
Gary <Gary.The....@gmail.com> wrote:

> In any event, this trade has certainly made this upcoming season a
> lot more interesting than it would have been.
>
> Should be fun seeing what happens.
>
> - Gary

Definitely. It's really now or never for this group. They're going to
be too expensive to keep together in a short time and we don't have
many good young players in development.

A lot of people elsewhere were portraying OEL as a replacement for
Edler, but at this point, I wonder how much Edler could ask? Might be
worth trying to keep.

Dutch

Jul 26, 2021, 5:26:14 PM7/26/21
Is it even plausible that Edler would agree to come back at a deep
discount with a fellow Swede patrolling the blue line at 8.2 mill?

Visiblink

Jul 29, 2021, 8:57:53 AM7/29/21
Apparently not! LA gave him fairly decent money. I wasn't expecting
that, but you know free agency...