Heat

Spiral

Jul 1, 2021, 9:37:02 PM7/1/21
How you guys making out with all that weather?

Nyssa

Jul 2, 2021, 8:57:04 AM7/2/21
Spiral wrote:

> How you guys making out with all that weather?

Sweaty, but managing. It's hot and humid here in VA,
but not nearly anything like you guys have been dealing
with up there.

My heart goes out to the people in Lytton. I heard
an interview with the mayor yesterday, and it was just
horrifying to hear what they went through and what they
will be facing going forward.

Virtual hugs and tall, icy cool drinks all around.

Nyssa, who hopes that the stalled high pressure system
out there finally breaks up and cool breezes ensue

Visiblink

Jul 4, 2021, 11:15:23 PM7/4/21
On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 20:36:56 -0500
Spiral <spi...@onemoremile.org> wrote:

> How you guys making out with all that weather?

It was stupid hot. We were camping along the Similkameen when it
first started. I was so glad to get home, even though it was killer hot
here too (up to about 45 C according to our thermometer).

On the positive side, our furnace died this spring and my wife had been
wanting central air for years. The electricians came to wire in the new
unit about two weeks before the heat wave hit. Talk about timing.

I sold off our old window-mounted air conditioners on Kijiji as soon
as we got back from camping. My email blew up the minute I posted the
ad. It was really nice to be able to get them out to people who
needed them. :)