Jake Virtanen Ex-NHL Player Charged With Sexual Assault After West Vancouver Hotel Incident With Now 23 Yr Old Female. Overcompensating Jake?

已查看 8 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Gregory Carr

未读,
2022年1月28日 22:46:162022/1/28
收件人

Jake Virtanen, former Vancouver Canuck, charged with sex assault
Amy Judd 1 day ago

Former Vancouver Canucks forward Jake Virtanen has been charged with sexual assault, Vancouver police confirmed Thursday.

The BC Prosecution Service approved one count of sexual assault against Virtanen in relation to an incident that occurred in Vancouver on Sept. 26, 2017, when Virtanen was playing in the NHL, police said.

An investigation was launched last May, after the now-23-year-old alleged victim came forward.

In July, the Canucks said Virtanen had been placed on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a contract buyout.

In a statement to Global News, Virtanen's agent Kevin Epp said his client maintains his innocence.

Vancouver Canucks forward Jake Virtanen put on leave amid ‘concerning allegations’
Click to expand
"Mr. Virtanen denies the allegations of non-consensual sexual contact with the complainant. He has filed a response to the complainant’s civil lawsuit. He has sent police a statement, denying the allegations. He took a polygraph examination and provided that report to the police," the statement reads.

Mr. Virtanen continues to maintain his innocence and looks forward to defending himself at trial. Until such time, we do not intend to make any further public statements."

A civil lawsuit filed in Kelowna, B.C., the previous month alleged Virtanen took the woman to a hotel in West Vancouver in September 2017 and assaulted her as she repeatedly said no and pleaded with him to stop.

Virtanen denied the allegation in a response filed June 1, 2021, saying the pair had consensual sex, and denied that the woman ``expressed any indication, verbal or physical, that she did not want to engage in physical activity.''

The allegations have not been tested in court.

Read more:

Vancouver Canucks forward Jake Virtanen put on waivers, team seeks buyout

The Vancouver Canucks issued a statement Thursday acknowledging the charges.

"When the allegations first came to our attention, we immediately placed Jake Virtanen on leave. He is no longer a member of the organization," the club said.

"We have been in contact with the Vancouver Police Department throughout their investigation and will continue to provide support as needed. Our organization is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment and will not tolerate sexual misconduct of any kind. We will not be commenting further on this matter."

Vancouver police said the 25-year-old is not in custody.

-With files from the Canadian Press

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/jake-virtanen-former-vancouver-canuck-charged-with-sex-assault/ar-AATcXWG?ocid=msedgntp

Gregory Carr’s profile photo
Gregory Carr
18 Aug 2021, 00:39:00
https://www.outsports.com/2017/8/11/16130152/vancouver-canucks-rainbow-skirts-lgbt-pride-parade

Vancouver Canucks players wear rainbow skirts in LGBT pride parade

The three players show their true colors.

By Jim Buzinski Aug 11, 2017, 12:32am PDT

Vancouver Canucks players Jake Virtanen, left, and Troy Stecher Canucks Twitter feed
Pro hockey players Erik Gudbranson, Troy Stecher and Jake Virtanen of the Vancouver Canucks got into the spirit of the event when they marched in that city’s LGBT pride parade Sunday wearing rainbow-colored skirts and leis.

Jake Virtanen, left, and Troy Stecher
"The LGBTQ community is a huge part of our fan base and this is something we want to come and support and cheer them on for the day and years to come,” Gudbranson said in a video the team posted on Twitter.

The Canucks sent the three players to the parade, along with Fin the mascot and staff. And it’s cool that the players did not blanch in wearing attire that matched the theme of the event.

Jake Virtanen at Celebrities Nightclub (Screenshot)
SUMMARY https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/07/01/canucks-address-forward-parting-nightclub/

Canucks have had a private chat with forward Jake Virtanen

A video posted to Instagram shows Virtanen at Celebrities Nightclub in Vancouver

Virtanen will be tested before re-joining the team for training, which started Tuesday at Rogers Arena

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — A video posted to Instagram shows a Canucks forward at a nightclub not wearing a mask or physically distancing.

Jake Virtanen can be seen in the video at the Celebrities Nightclub at Davie near Burrard Streets.

In a statement to NEWS 1130, the Canucks says the situation has been “addressed internally.”

“Jake is not yet in phase 2 of the NHL’s return to play plan, nor is he in quarantine. He’ll be tested before he re-joins the team for any training,” the statement reads.

According to the NHL protocol “players are permitted to return to NHL Club training facilities for voluntary small-group individualized training activities.”

“In addition, Clubs are not permitted to require Players to return to the Club’s home city so they can complete a quarantine requirement in time to participate in Phase 2.”

Training for the team started Tuesday at Rogers Arena.

Some Twitter users have taken to the social media platform to condemn Virtanen’s actions while some are defending him.

The video is no longer on Instagram.

As of Wednesday afternoon, “Jake Virtanen” had been trending on Twitter.

Earlier this year, Virtanen was blasted online for filming himself driving while decked out in Canucks gear.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/07/01/canucks-address-forward-parting-nightclub/

The only good thing about all this is that https://www.celebritiesnightclub.com/ has removed all references to the gay life from its website. There is a ad with the underage minor from Home Alone though odd for a 19 and over nightclub.

Greg Carr

未读,
2022年10月23日 01:17:362022/10/23
收件人
He was acquitted and as much as I loath the guy there was reasonable doubt. He failed in his tryout with Edmonton this season.
0 个新帖子