Canucks Defeat Wpg 4-3 In Shoot Out Dec. 10. I Was There.

Gregory Carr

Dec 11, 2021, 3:43:10 AM12/11/21
Canucks won 4-3 in a shoot out. Demko was very good both teams had 31 shots in regulation. Hoglander scored twice. Blake Wheeler scored his first goal of the season for the Jets in his 22nd game. It was 80's night nice music and I paid $27 for two foot long 4 cheese hotdogs. Canucks are undefeated since Boudreau took over as a coach he challenged a Wpg goal because of goalie interference and won. Not a rough or tough game although a Canuck player totally dumped a Jet player at their bench during a shift change. Pederson hit the crossbar in the first period with a great shot that fluttered the puck but scored the OT winner the crowd was encouraging him throughout the game. Crowd 3 times in the third level broke out into 7 Nation Army complete sometimes with standing and hand clapping but when the dj played it later no one joined in. Fin the Canuck mascot had a flying V jersey on with 50 on it. Vancouver Warriors lacrosse team play their first home game on Dec. 17 their cheerleaders were at Rogers quite delish I guess it is now faux pas to show a belly button. 3 Indos dudes said hi in a unique way.

Nyssa

Dec 11, 2021, 8:47:38 AM12/11/21
Congrats on the win!

I listened to the first period via SiriusXM, but was too
sleepy to get through the whole thing, so I appreciate
your game report.

Nice that you guys are finally having some success. And
"Yay, Bruce." He is certainly showing that he still has
the touch for getting the best out of his players. Good
on him, and I wish him continued success.

Nyssa, who wondered why it took so long for someone to
finally snap Boudreau up for a new coaching gig

Visiblink

Dec 14, 2021, 8:53:49 PM12/14/21
On Sat, 11 Dec 2021 08:47:18 -0500
Nyssa <Ny...@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:

> Congrats on the win!
>
> I listened to the first period via SiriusXM, but was too
> sleepy to get through the whole thing, so I appreciate
> your game report.
>
> Nice that you guys are finally having some success. And
> "Yay, Bruce." He is certainly showing that he still has
> the touch for getting the best out of his players. Good
> on him, and I wish him continued success.
>
> Nyssa, who wondered why it took so long for someone to
> finally snap Boudreau up for a new coaching gig.

Bruce really is a breath of fresh air. We've had a lot of humourless
coaches and GMs over the years. Most seem to think that they need to be
stern and grouchy. Perhaps if you have anything worthwhile to teach
players, they'll listen when you're happy too. Who knows, they might
even like positivity!

In any case, from a fan's perspective, Bruce's press conferences are
great. We probably haven't had anyone this entertaining since Harry
Neale. That was a very long time ago.

Nyssa

Dec 15, 2021, 8:15:10 AM12/15/21
Yes, I really like Bruce and his coaching style. Seems
to be a nice guy all the way around.

I think this was the longest span he went without a coaching
job. I think one gap between gigs was only two hours.

I think Barry Trotz might be similar to Bruce in coaching
style with just a bit less humor. He seems to care about
the players personally too, which is usually a good thing
especially for the younger ones.

I never thought I'd type this, but "Go Canucks!"

Nyssa, whose Habs aren't going anywhere but down the toilet
this season

Gregory Carr

Dec 15, 2021, 5:15:29 PM12/15/21
BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!!!

Nyssa

Dec 15, 2021, 5:36:18 PM12/15/21
LOL! Yeah, why not?

At least I realize that my team isn't going to pull out
a miracle this season. I might as well find some other
place to get some vicarious pleasure in the meantime.

The only problem is the time difference. Those games
going into the next day my time really make it hard to
function the next morning.

More afternoon games, please!

Nyssa, who isn't ashamed to jump on a handy bandwagon
occasionally

Gregory Carr

Dec 15, 2021, 6:25:15 PM12/15/21
Mtl has won 21 Stanley Cups the Canucks nada so maybe they will win the Cup this year like St. Louis did when they went from last in January to winning the Holy Grail in 2018-2019. I don't like afternoon games much myself. Enjoy the hockey!

Nyssa

Dec 16, 2021, 4:46:18 PM12/16/21
What's afternoon for you, is perfect evening time for me,
but I understand your dislike of them. It would seem that
a lot of players share your dislike as well as it upsets
the routine of a game day.

As for never-wins, my ideal Final for this season would be
Florida vs. [Minnesota, Winnipeg, Vancouver] (chose one)
to guarantee a team that has never won before would take
home the Cup.

I was thrilled for the Blues when they finally won, Gloria
and all. Washington not so much, but that's another story
altogether.

Go Bruce!

Nyssa, who would be worried about Boudreau's lack of wins
in the playoffs, but at this point, just getting the team
INTO the playoffs might be enough to calm fans down