Os Grupos Google já não suportam novas publicações ou subscrições da Usenet. O conteúdo anterior permanece visível.

Historical St. Louis Blues broadcasters

57 visualizações
Ir para a primeira mensagem não lida

tmc...@gmail.com

não lida,
06/11/2019, 20:48:5706/11/19
para
http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1234277219;start=all

The simulcasts began in the second season, so 1967-68 is the year in question.

in 67-68 KPLR did 11 tv games, 1 home and 10 away with Jay Randolph pbp and Bob Ingham color

on KMOX radio, Jack Buck did pbp, but between NFL football, some illness, and then leaving for Cardinals spring training, he missed quite a few games, being replaced by Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle working alone, Stu Nahan and Gene Hart (probably among others)

the 68-69 and 69-70 simulcasts were unusual in the sense that while Kelly's pbp was on both, Gus Kyle's comments were on KMOX only, and Hal Kelly did tv color (in addition to filling in for his brother on pbp on occasion)

Noel Picard was the primary radio/tv analyst in 73-74 and 74-75, with Kyle returning in 75-76; while Picard was the analyst, Kyle filled in as pbp when needed. Otherwise there are the following corrections regarding the PRIMARY crews:

color:

Gus Kyle 76-83
Bill Wilkerson 83-84
Ron Oakes 84-85
Joe Micheletti 85-87 all games, 93-95 on televised games
Bruce Affleck 87-93
Ron Jacober 92-96 on non-tv games
Bernie Federko 95-current

primary radio pbp:

Jack Buck 67-68
Dan Kelly 68-89
Ken Wilson 88-89
Ken Wilson/John Kelly split 89-92
Ken Wilson 92-96
Ron Jacober tv games; Ken Wilson non tv games 96-97
Dan Kelly Jr tv games; Ken Wilson non tv games 97-00
Chris Kerber tv games; Ken Wilson non tv games 00-04
Chris Kerber 05-current

primary tv pbp:

same as above throu 96
Ken Wilson 96-04
John Kelly 05-current

probably no team has used as many back-ups; among others:

pbp:

69-70 Hal Kelly, Jim White
70-71 Gus Kyle, Jack Buck
71-72 Gus Kyle
72-73 Gus Kyle, Roy Storey
73-74 Jim White, Gus Kyle
74 -78 Gus Kyle
78-79 Bob Costas, Eli Gold, Bob Starr
79-81 Bob Costas
81-83 Gus Kyle
83-84 Bill Wilkerson
84-85 Ron Oakes
85-89 Ron Jacober
87-89 John Kelly
92-93 Dave Strader, Paul Romanuk
93-94 JPDellaCamera, Ron Jacober
94-95 JPDellaCamera, Bob Miller
95-96 JPDellaCamera
96-97 Ron Jacober

and probably more

color:

68-69 Dave Martin
74-75 E.J.Holub
75-76 Jim Heard
76-77 Rick Francis
78-79 Red Berensen, Bob Starr
81-84 Gary Green
83-84 Dan Dierdorf, Jim Holder
84-85 Dan Dierdorf
90-94 Bruce Affleck
93-95 Ron Jacober, Rick Meagher, Joe Micheletti
95-98 Rob Ramage
99-00 Bob Hess, Kelly Chase, Mike Zuke
02-03 Pat Jablonski

Here is the list that I was able to come up with. I was fortunate enough to talk to Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck, Rick Francis, Kent Westling, Eli Gold, and Susie Mathieu to find out what they could remember. Some interesting info they gave me. Eli Gold did a separate TV feed in 1979-80 and mostly did games by himself but did have some injured players serve as analysts when available. The year before, the Blues still had a simulcast when games were on KDNL-TV. But with those games, only Dan Kelly's voice was heard. Kent Westling would talk with Dan Kelly on camera before the game and during the intermission, but was not heard on the radio. Now there were a few times when Kelly was "on assignment" and there was a separate TV feed with Westling doing the play-by-play and Bob Plager serving as analyst. The 78-79 season was one of two season (1984-85 being the other) where there were not set analysts on broadcasts. Once Ken Wilson arrived on the scene, Kelly and Wilson were the team for TV games. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask Ken Wilson who served as analyst in 1984-85 on TV games when Kelly was absent. In fact, Wilson's first TV game in 84-85 had to have been with someone other than Kelly since that was a night that USA also had a game. I'm guessing it was not a KMOX staffer, however. Also, Rick Francis was a regular anaylst and not a fill-in for two seasons. At the time, Kyle was in the insurance business was unable to make it to everygame, particularly on the road. And when Kyle was available, there were three in the both, but Francis said he basically let Kyle do all the talking. In 1988-89 during Kelly's illness and eventually death, there were many different combinations used. In fact, one game KPLR used a split feed be cause Wilson and John Kelly were not available and they did not want Ron Jacober on a TV game. Rich Gould told me he did the play-by-play for one game with Bruce Affleck. I do not know who worked the same game on KMOX with Jacober, though.

I have a couple questions for the poster I'm quoting. Are you sure Gus Kyle did play-by-play? I find it somewhat hard to believe, but since I was not around at the time, I'm not certain. I'd think it would be so brutal that they would've found someone else to fill-in. Also, is the Jim White you have mentioned the same one referred to as the "Big Bumper" who had a late night program on KMOX? I also find it hard to believe that he would've done NHL play-by-play. I have found nothing on him showing any sort of a sports broadcasting background, but he indeed started at KMOX in 1969. Once again, that's before my time so I'm not certain. Finally, where did you get the info on the other fill-in guys from the 1960's and 1970's, particularly Stu Nahan and Gene Hart in 1967-68. I have not been able to find any information going back that far. And it doesn't help since the main guys at the time (Kelly and Kyle) are no longer with us. Didn't Hal Kelly fill-in for his brother more than just the 1969-70 season, I would have thought so? I can't find info on that. Also I believe I remeber Larry Patey and Mike Zuke filling in on one Telecast each in the early 90's, but neither could remember exactly the year, but I know they both worked with Kelly and had that plain blue background during the broadcast opening.

RADIO
67-68 KMOX Jack Buck, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Jay Randolph (pbp), Skip Erwin (pbp)
other fill-in: Stu Nahan?, Gene Hart (pbp)?
68-69 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Hal Kelly (pbp)
other fill-in: Dave Martin (color)?,
69-70 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Hal Kelly (pbp)
other fill-in: Jim White (pbp)?
70-71 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: ?
71-72 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: ?
72-73 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Roy Storey (pbp)?, Gus Kyle (pbp) ?
73-74 KMOX Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
fill-in: Jim White (pbp)?, Gus Kyle (pbp)?
74-75 KMOX Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
75-76 KMOX Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
fill-in: E.J. Holub (home games only)
Jim Hearn (color) ???
76-77 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle, Rick Francis
77-78 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle, Rick Francis
78-79 KMOX Dan Kelly, various analysts
fill-in: Bob Costas (pbp), Nancy Drew (color), Bob Starr (color)
other fill-in: Red Berenson (color)?
79-80 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Bob Costas (pbp)
80-81 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Bob Costas (pbp)
81-82 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Gary Green (color) USA Cable Feed
82-83 KMOX Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
fill-in: Gary Green (color) USA Cable Feed
83-84 KMOX Dan Kelly, Ron Oakes
fill-in: Ron Oakes (pbp), Gus Kyle (color), Larry Patey (color)
Gary Green (color) USA Cable Feed
84-85 KMOX Dan Kelly, various analysts
fill-in: Ken Wilson (pbp), Dan Dierdorf (color), Bill Wilkerson (color)
other fill-in: Jim Holder (color)???
85-86 KXOK Dan Kelly, Joe Micheletti
fill-in: Ron Jacober (pbp)
86-87 KXOK Dan Kelly, Joe Micheletti
fill-in: Ron Jacober (pbp)
87-88 KMOX Dan Kelly, Bruce Affleck
fill-in: Ken Wilson (pbp)
88-89 KMOX Dan Kelly, Bruce Affleck, Ken Wilson, John Kelly, Ron Jacober (in various combinations)
89-90 KMOX Ken Wilson, John Kelly
90-91 KMOX John Kelly, Bruce Affleck (radio only games)
91-92 KMOX John Kelly, Bruce Affleck (radio only games)
92-93 KMOX Ken Wilson, Ron Jacober (radio only games)
93-94 KMOX Ken Wilson, Ron Jacober (radio only games)
94-95 KMOX Ken Wilson, Ron Jacober (radio only games)
95-96 KMOX Ken Wilson, Ron Jacober (radio only games)
96-97 KMOX Ken Wilson, Ron Jacober (radio only games)
Ron Jacober, Bernie Federko (when game was on TV)
97-98 KMOX Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko (radio only games)
Dan Kelly Jr., Bernie Federko (when game was on TV)
98-99 KMOX Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko (radio only games)
Dan Kelly Jr., Bernie Federko (when game was on TV)
99-00 KMOX Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko (radio only games)
Dan Kelly Jr., Bernie Federko (when game was on TV)
fill-in: Geoff Courtnall (color), Kelly Chase (color), Rob Ramage (color),
other fill-in: Bob Hess (color)?????, Mike Zuke (color)???, Larry Patey (color) ????
00-01 KTRS Ken Wilson, Kelly Chase (radio only games)
Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase (when game was on TV)
01-02 KTRS Ken Wilson, Kelly Chase (radio only games)
Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase (when game was on TV)
02-03 KTRS Ken Wilson, Kelly Chase (radio only games)
Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase (when game was on TV)
fill-in: Pat Jablonski (color)
03-04 KTRS Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase (when game was on TV)
fill-in: Bob Plager (color)
05-06 KTRS Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase
06-07 KTRS Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase
07-08 KTRS Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase
08-09 KTRS Chris Kerber, Kelly Chase

TELEVISON
67-68 KPLR Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham
68-69 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
69-70 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
70-71 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
71-72 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
72-73 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
Cable (PPV)-Jeff City Skip Erwin, Clay Hyland
73-74 KPLR Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
74-75 KPLR Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
75-76 KPLR Dan Kelly, Noel Picard
76-77 KDNL Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle, Rick Francis
77-78 KDNL Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle, Rick Francis
78-79 KDNL Dan Kelly, Kent Westling (pregame and intermission only)
fill in-Kent Westling (pbp), Bob Plager (color) on split tv feed
79-80 KDNL Eli Gold, various injured Blues players
“guest” analysts included: Joe Micheletti, Hartland Monahan, Mike Crombeen.
80-81 KDNL Greg Marecek, Noel Picard
81-82 KSDK Greg Marecek, Ron Jacober
82-83 KPLR Dan Kelly, Gus Kyle
83-84 KPLR Dan Kelly, Ron Oakes
84-85 KDNL Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson
SportsTime Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson
85-86 KDNL Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson
86-87 KPLR Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson
87-88 KPLR Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck (host)
fill-in: JP Dellacamera
88-89 KPLR Dan Kelly, Ken Wilson, John Kelly, Rich Gould, Bruce Affleck (host) (in various combinations)
89-90 KPLR Ken Wilson, John Kelly, Bruce Affleck (host)
90-91 KPLR John Kelly, Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck (host)
91-92 KPLR John Kelly, Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck (host)
92-93 KPLR Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Bruce Affleck (host)
fill-in: Paul Romanuk (pbp), Dave Strader (pbp)
93-94 KPLR Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Bruce Affleck (host)
fill-in: JP Dellacamera
94-95 KPLR/Prime Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Bruce Affleck (host), Rick Meagher (host)
fill-in: JP Dellacamera (pbp) ????, Bob Miller (pbp)???,
95-96 KPLR/Prime Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Bruce Affleck (host), Rob Ramage (host)
fill-in: JP Dellacamera (pbp) ????
96-97 KTVI/KMOV/ Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Rob Ramage (host)
FSN fill-in: Bruce Affleck (color)
97-98 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Joe Micheletti, Bruce Affleck (host), Rob Ramage (host)
98-99 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck, Dan McLaughlin (host)
99-00 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bruce Affleck, Dan McLaughlin (host)
fill-in: Bernie Federko (color)
00-01 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
01-02 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
02-03 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
fill-in: Kelly Chase (color)
03-04 KPLR/FSN Ken Wilson, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
fill-in: Kelly Chase (color)
05-06 KPLR/FSN John Kelly, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
06-07 KPLR/FSN John Kelly, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
07-08 KPLR/FSN John Kelly, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)
08-09 KPLR/FSN John Kelly, Bernie Federko, Dan McLaughlin (host)

Here's what I was able to find during the 1968 playoffs. It appears that games were sent to WIBV for the entire playoffs with the exception of Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. However there was an ad for one game saying KMOX would join the Blues game in the third period. Looking at the radio listings, KMOX didn't even air playoff games on days when the Cardinals didn't play which seemed interesting. Another interesting scenario is on 4/13. Game 5 of the Flyers series was played at Philadelphia and could've been televised in St. Louis. However, Jay Randolph was covering the Master gold tournament for CBS-TV and there could not have broadcasted that game on TV. Unfortunately I couldn't confirm that this game was televised on KPLR. All of the other road games during the playoffs were.

I made a game-by-game list comparing who could've done the games under the perfect scenario. But as I mentioned with Kyle doing play-by-play in Game 7 of the Minnesota series and talk of Flyers broadcasters assisting with Blues broadcasts, things hardly went the way one would expect. I also did not take into account that Jack Buck could've done a Cardinals day game and then a Blues night game on the same day.

DAY DATE HOCKEY TV CREW RADIO CREW BASEBALL RADIO CREW TV CREW
THU, 4/4, at PHI, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham; WIBV, Skip Erwin, Gus Kyle
SAT, 4/6, at PHI, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham; WIBV, Skip Erwin, Gus Kyle; Spr.Tr., KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck
WED, 4/10, PHI, no TV, N/A; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; ATL, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, no TV
THU, 4/11, PHI, no TV , N/A; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; ATL, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, no TV
SAT, 4/13, at PHI, ?? tv, WIBV, Skip Erwin, Gus Kyle; at CHI, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; NBC, Gowdy, Koufax, Wee Reese
TUE, 4/16, PHI, no TV , N/A; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; at ATL, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; KSD, Harry Caray, Jack Buck
THU, 4/18, at PHI, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham; WIBV, Skip Erwin, Gus Kyle; at CIN, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, no TV

SUN, 4/21, MIN, CBS (blackout), Stu Nahan, Jim Gordon; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; CHI, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, no TV
MON, 4/22, at MIN, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham, WIBV, Jack Buck, Gus Kyle
THU, 4/25, MIN, no TV, WIBV, Jack Buck, Gus Kyle
SAT, 4/27, MIN, CBS (blackout), Stu Nahan, Jim Gordon, WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; PIT, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, no TV
MON, 4/29, MIN, no TV; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; at LA, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; no TV
WED, 5/1, at MIN, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham; WIBV, Skip Erwin, Gus Kyle; at HOU, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck, KSD, Harry Caray, Jack Buck
FRI, 5/3, MIN, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham; WIBV, Gus Kyle, ?; at SF, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; no TV

SUN, 5/5, MTL, CBS (blackout), Stu Nahan, Jim Gordon; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; at SF, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck
TUE, 5/7, MTL, no TV; WIBV, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; NYM, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; no TV
THU, 5/9, at MTL, KPLR, Jay Randolph, Bob Ingham or Danny Gallivan, Dick Irvin Jr. (CBC broadcast); WIBV, Jack Buck, Gus Kyle
SAT, 5/11, at MTL, CBS, Stu Nahan, Jim Gordon; KMOX, Jay Randolph, Gus Kyle; HOU, KMOX, Harry Caray, Jack Buck; no TV

Radio:
1967-68 Jack Buck & Gus Kyle
1968-73 Dan Kelly & Gus Kyle
1973-75 Dan Kelly & Noel Picard
1975-83 Dan Kelly & Gus Kyle
1983-84 Dan Kelly & Bill Wilkerson
1984-85 Dan Kelly & Ron Oakes (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1985-87 Dan Kelly & Joe Micheletti (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1987-88 Dan Kelly & Bruce Affleck (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1988-89 Dan Kelly (before becoming ill) & Bruce Affleck (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1988-89 Ken Wilson or Ron Jacober (after Dan Kelly became ill) & Bruce Affleck
1989-90 Ken Wilson, John Kelly, & Bruce Affleck
1990-92 John Kelly & Bruce Affleck
1992-96 Ken Wilson & Ron Jacober
1996-97 Ron Jacober & Bernie Federko
1997-00 Dan P. Kelly & Bernie Federko
2000-09 Chris Kerber & Kelly Chase

TV:
1967-68 Jay Randolph & Bob Ingham
1968-70 Dan Kelly & Hal Kelly
1970-73 Dan Kelly & Gus Kyle
1973-75 Dan Kelly & Noel Picard
1975-83 Dan Kelly & Gus Kyle
1983-84 Dan Kelly & Bill Wilkerson
1984-85 Dan Kelly & Ron Oakes (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1985-87 Dan Kelly & Joe Micheletti (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly)
1987-89 Dan Kelly & Bruce Affleck (Ken Wilson often filling in for Kelly
Ron Jacober fill-in after Kelly became ill)
1989-92 Ken Wilson, John Kelly, & Bruce Affleck
1992-98 Ken Wilson & Joe Micheletti
1998-00 Ken Wilson & Bruce Affleck
2000-04 Ken Wilson & Bernie Federko
2005-09 John Kelly & Bernie Federko

St Louis Blues tv in 1967-68 was done by Jay Randolph and Bob Ingham; simulcasts started in 1970-71 and continued thru 92-93

0 mensagens novas