playoffs

Mr. T

Apr 25, 2023, 11:23:03 AM4/25/23
Watching numerous games. Have no dog in the fight, not angry about this hit or that, but injuring key opponents still seems like a sound playoff strategy. Related: Bolts in deep trouble.

Other series very physical too.

Rooting for Devils so Sharks get a better pick.

tack

Apr 25, 2023, 1:15:41 PM4/25/23
Bolts gagged away both games after easily outplaying Leafs in both. It's always fatal to stop harassing the puck carrier and give him space to see open plays. Apparently, despite all their experience, they were too dense (coach?) to understand this and learned nothing from the Game-3 loss. Toronto will win series, but they're not going deep unless their next opponents also go to sleep.

Carolina in easy series against isles.

Boston likewise against Florida.

Next game will decide the Devils-Rangers series, one would suspect.

I see a Carolina - Boston east finals.

Think Dallas will prevail against Wild.

Vegas will beat Winnipeg.

Edmonton - LA still a toss-up because of Edmonton's uncanny ability to choke in the clutcch.

Seattle giving Colorado a run, but don't think they'll win the series.

I see Colorado and Vegas in the west finals.

Mr. T

Apr 27, 2023, 12:31:14 AM4/27/23
Kraken are giving the Avs a run

tack

Apr 27, 2023, 11:12:13 AM4/27/23
Yes, they easily outplayed them last night. Loved the aggressive forecheck, right until the final buzzer. That's how you win games. The next game is their chance for an epic upset.

Mr. T

Apr 27, 2023, 1:00:35 PM4/27/23
Yes, pretty epic battle. And Avs facing their old goalie, right? Nice story line. But Makar is back. I'd still bet the Avs. Makar is that much of a difference maker.

tack

Apr 29, 2023, 4:36:19 PM4/29/23
The Kraks just couldn't sustain the dominant play, and Avs finally played like expected. Probably all over for Seattle barring the unexpected.

tack

May 1, 2023, 6:00:50 PM5/1/23
Well, an amazing night last night,as both Colorado and Boston head to the golf course. Looking at the survivors, it's almost impossible to pick a favorite. Anybody could win this thing.

googz

May 2, 2023, 10:56:15 AM5/2/23
Great first round so far with yet another casualty of the president's trophy curse. I feel bad for Boston because they completely fell apart after going up 3-1. As Sharks fans, we know how that feels.

Being from New Jersey, I have been most interested in the Devils-Rangers series. I grew up mostly a Rangers fan but switched when the Devils relocated in 1982. Certainly, through their Brodeur years, they had some great championship teams, but I haven't been excited about this team since their recent rebuild. This team is young, talented, and fast. I could see them going all the way to the finals, but I agree, it's completely up for grabs.

I don't think Oilers or Toronto will go deep due to shaky goaltending and blue-line.

I think we'll see the Devils and Panthers in Eastern CF and Vegas vs Dallas in the West.

poldy

May 5, 2023, 12:40:25 PM5/5/23

A couple of things stood out.

Kraken in their second year upsetting the Avalanche in the first round
of the playoffs and beating Dallas in game 1 at Dallas in the second round.

First the Vegas Knights and now another expansion team in the West has
passed by the Sharks.

Dallas Stars has a rookie who scored 20 goals and he scored in the
playoffs. One other rookie scored 20 as well.

Did the Sharks draft before the Stars in the last draft?

Did the Sharks rookie do anything during the season?

Mr. T

May 10, 2023, 6:06:06 PM5/10/23
Eklund not looking like a superstar at the moment. Johnston was a phenomenal pick by the Stars.

The Sharks suck and DW ruined the team for years to come. But the expansion teams have leapfrogged many teams. The system in place is sort of a disgrace, at least from the viewpoint of many other cities who have suffered and paid dues, only to see expansion teams treated like royalty and allowed to skip to the front of the line.

Mr. T

May 10, 2023, 6:07:52 PM5/10/23
That draft in general not faring too well as of yet