Goalie hunting

Mr. T

May 22, 2022, 11:25:10 PM5/22/22
So many teams taking runs at the goalies. I loves me some post-season violence as much as the next guy, but this may end up being something that needs to be addressed.

tack

May 24, 2022, 1:30:36 PM5/24/22
On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 8:25:10 PM UTC-7, Mr. T wrote:
> So many teams taking runs at the goalies. I loves me some post-season violence as much as the next guy, but this may end up being something that needs to be addressed.

Guess I don't see what you see. The vast majority of the time, the defenders are guilty of pushing the forwards into their own goalies. I guess they're hoping to draw a penalty, but, of course, risk having their own goalie hurt. In particular, I think all the vitriol directed at Kadri is completely misplaced, as it was a collision that he could hardly avoid, and Binnington's injury wasn't intentional from anything that can be seen.

Modern hockey doesn't even have a clue what "running" at goalies is. In the old days, they were fair game outside the crease and were routinely leveled behind the nets. All modern sports are being turned into pansy-ass games, with insipid girly-girl rules, penalty calls, etc. It doesn't help any (NHL, NFL) of the sports, in my opinion. It is, though, a reflection of our modern snowflake society.

Mr. T

May 25, 2022, 12:13:36 PM5/25/22
The Binnington play was the least egregious example