No Escape

tack

Oct 15, 2022, 10:41:30 AM10/15/22
No quick escape from the purgatory into which Doug Wilson banished the Sharks. We're only three games in, and the 2022-2023 season is over already. This team is simply devoid of the talent and depth it takes to contend, or even make the playoffs.

Roy

Oct 16, 2022, 11:16:45 AM10/16/22
On 10/15/2022 7:41 AM, tack wrote:
> No quick escape from the purgatory into which Doug Wilson banished the Sharks. We're only three games in, and the 2022-2023 season is over already. This team is simply devoid of the talent and depth it takes to contend, or even make the playoffs.

This year's change for the Sharks is that a similarly terrible Coyotes
are no longer in the Pacific division so less contention for the bottom
of the division.

JimA...@aol.com

Oct 16, 2022, 8:19:03 PM10/16/22
Even worse than being bad they're boring

Mr. T

Oct 16, 2022, 9:40:10 PM10/16/22
On Saturday, October 15, 2022 at 7:41:30 AM UTC-7, tack wrote:
> No quick escape from the purgatory into which Doug Wilson banished the Sharks. We're only three games in, and the 2022-2023 season is over already. This team is simply devoid of the talent and depth it takes to contend, or even make the playoffs.

A top five draft pick is definitely in play.

googz

Oct 18, 2022, 6:55:33 PM10/18/22
I hope so!

I'm considering going to only Cuda games this season. It will probably be much more entertaining.

Mr. T

Oct 19, 2022, 12:55:53 PM10/19/22
Me too. If they can collapse and lose badly to Chicago, they could vie with the worst teams. Kappo looked so bad

googz

Oct 19, 2022, 5:04:38 PM10/19/22
His team made him look bad. Cant fault Kappo for any of those goals... maybe the last one but he was expecting the pass on that 2 on 1.

There are so many problems with this team and goaltending is, for a change, not one of them.

1) top 2 lines are not producing
2) your 4th line has the best +/- rating
3) where's Labanc?
4) PP
5) no sustained pressure in the offensive zone
6) too many odd-man rushes
7) too many turnovers at the blue line and neutral zone
8) in general, lack of identity and character. I personally can't tell one forward from another or one line from another. This is the most generic-looking bunch I've ever seen in Teal.

The only good things so far:
1) goaltending
2) penalty kill
3) on track for 2023 top 5 pick

tack

Oct 20, 2022, 11:50:00 AM10/20/22
Longest losing streak to open an NHL season is 1943-1944 Rangers at 11 games. Almost half way there.If they just get to 8, they'll be tied for second pppce.

Mr. T

Oct 20, 2022, 4:33:38 PM10/20/22
On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 2:04:38 PM UTC-7, googz wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 9:55:53 AM UTC-7, Mr. T wrote:
> > > I hope so!
> > >
> > > I'm considering going to only Cuda games this season. It will probably be much more entertaining.
> > Me too. If they can collapse and lose badly to Chicago, they could vie with the worst teams. Kappo looked so bad
> His team made him look bad. Cant fault Kappo for any of those goals... maybe the last one but he was expecting the pass on that 2 on 1.
>
> There are so many problems with this team and goaltending is, for a change, not one of them.

Kappo looked utterly lost and like crap. But mostly just one game. So hopefully just a bad night. Shooting on a good goalie is so frustrating, getting stopped on your best shot. Can't even imaging what shooting on an NHL goalie is like. But my picture is something like these guys are paid to stop 98.5% of the shots they are supposed to, AND THEY REGULARLY stop a startling percentage of shots that they really have no business stopping, if they were anything less than some of the very best in the world.

Kappo made zero of those saves with so so many chances to make a stop, and give the team a boost.

> 1) top 2 lines are not producing
> 2) your 4th line has the best +/- rating
> 3) where's Labanc?
> 4) PP
> 5) no sustained pressure in the offensive zone
> 6) too many odd-man rushes
> 7) too many turnovers at the blue line and neutral zone
> 8) in general, lack of identity and character. I personally can't tell one forward from another or one line from another. This is the most generic-looking bunch I've ever seen in Teal.
>
> The only good things so far:
> 1) goaltending
> 2) penalty kill
> 3) on track for 2023 top 5 pick

Two very good lists. Goaltending numbers probably not great but the team is in fact playing very poorly in front of them, see your #6 and #7.

#8: Agree. Grier wanted to make a team that was physical and you paid a cost to beat them. Not seeing that.

tack

Oct 21, 2022, 11:36:40 AM10/21/22
Well, the Rangers were obviously caught napping, so the losing-streak suspense is over.

poldy

Oct 25, 2022, 2:35:16 PM10/25/22
Hmm Kane seems to be playing well for the Oilers so the Sharks coaches
didn't get the best out of him, all his personal problems aside?

But then Sutter is doing well for the Flames, apparently got an
extension there.

tack

Oct 25, 2022, 7:29:20 PM10/25/22
Hockey is a team game. How one does, individually, is very dependent on being surrounded by other competent players. In that respect Edmonton far exceeds the present Sharks.