mini win streak

Mr. T

Nov 16, 2022, 11:25:55 AM11/16/22
Moving up the overall league standings. Not good for the draft.

They got lucky to get 2 points on night where in OT Karlsson stayed on ice for 3 minutes and was barely moving

tack

Nov 16, 2022, 1:43:34 PM11/16/22
On Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 11:25:55 AM UTC-5, Mr. T wrote:
> Moving up the overall league standings. Not good for the draft.
>
> They got lucky to get 2 points on night where in OT Karlsson stayed on ice for 3 minutes and was barely moving

As often happens, some good teams get caught napping, thinking a weak opponent is an automatic win. But, it sure doesn't come easy for the Sharks, when one examines the weak goal tending efforts.

googz

Nov 16, 2022, 2:25:43 PM11/16/22
Questions to you all.

Do you think the Sharks are better than their current record?

Is it possible that they're finally settling into the new system?

In no way, shape, or form do I think they'll make the playoffs, but with the first line finally producing, it does seem that the Sharks are finally winning some games.

Mr. T

Nov 16, 2022, 5:03:25 PM11/16/22
I tend to think that unfortunately they might end up being closer to the 10th worst team instead of the worst. Drafting #10 overall likely won't get a franchise-changing player.

It's fair to say though that they are getting a lot of production from a very few players. If certain players don't continue to produce, or get hurt, they could fall pretty low.

tack

Nov 16, 2022, 6:07:29 PM11/16/22
Another thing to remember is that early in the season many top contenders are just coasting and not even looking very impressive, either in play or records. The second half separates the wheat from the chaff.

Mr. T

Nov 17, 2022, 7:21:02 PM11/17/22
That's a great point. So true. Real hockey sort of begins in Jan or Feb. Hopefully they don't have a points cushion on too many teams, because the truly awful teams lose quite consistently down the stretch, and it's very hard to "gain ground".

poldy

Nov 19, 2022, 4:17:27 AM11/19/22
Sharks need to rest or shut down their best players when it's clear
they're not making the playoffs.

That's proper tanking.

--
Serenity Now!