Hire Barry Trotz

Mr. T

May 10, 2022, 11:59:16 AM5/10/22
That is all

googz

May 10, 2022, 12:18:03 PM5/10/22
On Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 8:59:16 AM UTC-7, Mr. T wrote:
> That is all

You beat me to it.

tack

May 10, 2022, 7:23:09 PM5/10/22
Sorry, guys, I'll have to disagree.

Trotz is a veteran coach, nearing the end of his career, and accustomed to coaching supposed Cup contenders. Admitted or not, the Sharks are in for a long, painful, rebuilding slog, and I don't think Trotz would have the patience, dedication or interest to mentor a young developing team. Now, if ownership wants to perpetuate the fantasy that they're not rebuilding and are still contenders, then, by all means, give Trotz some fat contract. At least, that's one thing we know they're good at.

googz

May 11, 2022, 3:50:31 PM5/11/22
One of the main issues with the Sharks was (and will be) scoring. 8/12 of the Sharks forwards can be categorized as Nieto clones (no offensive-upside grinders). On the other hand, they had a sub-par GAA which I think is a result of poor coaching. Most NHL players can be coached into playing responsible defense, especially when they lack offensive assets upfront. Boughner has failed to get all these grinders to defend. Trotz could. Would he want to come here? Probably not given the reasons you mentioned, but a decent contract might persuade him.