Dave Brown's fight loses?

CR9CR

Sep 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/6/98
Any flyer fight fans know who beat Brownie clean in a fight during his flyer
days, only a couple come to mind. I remember when penguins had Jay Caufield
and Richard Zemlack they both cleaned Brown's clock a few times, especially
when Caufield broke his beak in spectrum. Also recall Jay Miller of Bruins and
Nilan of Habs beating Brown, but other than them guys, i haven't seen a fight
the giant lefty ever got beaten in, and he destroyed some of best in his day.
out

Shandi567

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
I think Brown was one of more overated fighter's in his day, dosen't even
compare to recent flyer goons in Kordic, Myers, and now devil Daniels. Any of
these 3 could jack the big ackward lefty around. Brown did well against
smaller guys in fights, but against the big boys he always seemed to get beat.
Remember when Tim Hunter of Flames waxed him, about 10ft away from me one night
in spectrum. I think guys like Kocur, Vukota, Baumgartner, Semenko, Coxe,
Crowder, Frawley, Baxter, McRae all beat down Brown at one time or another. ...

Conrad Steele

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98

Shandi567 wrote in message
<199809070421...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

you are the Anti-Christ!

Shrike

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
Shandi567 wrote:

> I think Brown was one of more overated fighter's in his day, dosen't even
> compare to recent flyer goons in Kordic, Myers, and now devil Daniels. Any of
> these 3 could jack the big ackward lefty around.

You're clueless. Brown would kick the shit outta all three of the
'goons' you mentioned. Daniels?? WTF?? You hafta be a troll.

I think guys like Kocur, Vukota, Baumgartner, Semenko, Coxe,
> Crowder, Frawley, Baxter, McRae all beat down Brown at one time or another. ...

Basil McRae named Brown as the fighter he least wanted to face on a
talk show I saw him on a number of years ago. Brown fought everybody,
and lost few. He wasn't as dominating as Twist or Probert, but his place
as one of the all-time best flyers fighters is well-deserved.

--
Bill

matc...@sprynet.com

Sep 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/7/98
I've seen him beat J. Kordic, Cronin, and they were considered
heavyweights.

J.D.

On 7 Sep 1998 04:21:48 GMT, shan...@aol.com (Shandi567) wrote:

>I think Brown was one of more overated fighter's in his day, dosen't even
>compare to recent flyer goons in Kordic, Myers, and now devil Daniels. Any of

>these 3 could jack the big ackward lefty around. Brown did well against
>smaller guys in fights, but against the big boys he always seemed to get beat.
>Remember when Tim Hunter of Flames waxed him, about 10ft away from me one night

>in spectrum. I think guys like Kocur, Vukota, Baumgartner, Semenko, Coxe,

Whitey

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98

I think guys like Kocur, Vukota, Baumgartner, Semenko, Coxe,
> >Crowder, Frawley, Baxter, McRae all beat down Brown at one time or
another. ...

> Please you can put anyone in here but remove Vukota! He's a friggin
joke! Everytime( I mean everytime) I every seen Mick fight he would throw
one punch, bear hug the person he was fighting and then grab the guy by the
pants and throw him to the ice. Then he would get up and think he won!
Kinda like the Bonehugger Smith of Hockey(Refering to the Tyson/Smith
fight)

Tom Evasew

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98

Whitey wrote in message <01bddb8e$397a5780$cf4ad3d0@jeffwhit>...
Oh Please!! Maybe these guys got a small edge on Brown when he was 30 and
they were 24. In his prime, Brown could kill anyone one of these guys!!
Dave Brown was the most feared fighter, enforcer, goon, or whatever you want
to call them, of his time. Until Probert came along there wasn't anybody
even close to Brown. Even then Brown was over the hill, and still was good
enought to survive. Brown was the MAN in the 80's.

Mike Barrett

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
Dave Brown was a *legit and respected* heavyweight. I have a book
called "Bad Boys" by Stan "I hate the Flyers" Fischler, and almost to
a man, every goon interviewed named Brownie as the hardest puncher
and/or best fighter.

With the lone exception of Glen Cochrane, all frequent fighters lose
here and there. Dave Schultz, who I feel is EASILY the single most
overrated bad man in hockey history, lost at least 1 in 3. Tiger
Williams was the same way. The Hammer's career "highlight" fight was
him picking on a European non-combatant! He never tossed Nystrom,
Gillies, or O'Reilly around on a consistent basis. But Cochrane
manhandled enforcers, including Nystrom a couple times. He would
rarely even fight guys if they weren't true heavyweights. He was a
special fighter.

Early on, Brown didn't lose much. I saw Jim Kyte beat him, but then
Brown kicked his ass twice more the same night. BOS had a bearded goon
named Jay Miller that beat Brown here and there. And I do remember Tim
Hunter winning a decision over Brown, but Brown also beat him during
the same game. I have that fight tape. As Brown aged though, his
skills as a fighter did diminish. In one of his last fights as a
Flyer, Randy McKay beat him up bad. He didn't punch like he used to.
COme to think of it, he rarely even fought during his last couple
seasons.

Mike Barrett

Conrad Steele wrote in message <6t0l8p$4lg$1...@winter.news.erols.com>...

>Shandi567 wrote in message
><199809070421...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>I think Brown was one of more overated fighter's in his day, dosen't
even
>>compare to recent flyer goons in Kordic, Myers, and now devil
Daniels. Any
>of
>>these 3 could jack the big ackward lefty around. Brown did well
against
>>smaller guys in fights, but against the big boys he always seemed to
get
>beat.
>>Remember when Tim Hunter of Flames waxed him, about 10ft away from
me one
>night

>>in spectrum. I think guys like Kocur, Vukota, Baumgartner, Semenko,

Coxe,
>>Crowder, Frawley, Baxter, McRae all beat down Brown at one time or
another.

>you are the Anti-Christ!

FrankC

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:49:18 -0400, "Mike Barrett"
<mbarrett@no_spam.snip.net> wrote:

Micheal...how goes it??

>With the lone exception of Glen Cochrane, all frequent fighters lose
>here and there. Dave Schultz, who I feel is EASILY the single most
>overrated bad man in hockey history, lost at least 1 in 3. Tiger
>Williams was the same way. The Hammer's career "highlight" fight was
>him picking on a European non-combatant! He never tossed Nystrom,
>Gillies, or O'Reilly around on a consistent basis. But Cochrane
>manhandled enforcers, including Nystrom a couple times. He would
>rarely even fight guys if they weren't true heavyweights. He was a
>special fighter.

Cochrane was the MAN in the goon department for the Flyers...but I'm
not so sure he could hold a candle to one Behn Wilson as "heavyweight
champ" of the league. Behn was one bad dude in the fistical
department. He used to toss T. O'Reilly around like a rag doll. I
don't remember anyone on the Flyers before or since Big Behn that
could throw'em as fast and furious. Cochrane was the whole
package...the psycho look, the jersey off, the sweat and blood
streaming, the actions - and of course, one mean-assed fighter. But
for pure fighting skills, I'll take Wilson as #1 hands down.

Schultzie owned EVERYONE until Clark Gillies came along. Gillies
toyed with Schultz like a pit bull would toy with a mailman. Schultz
never was quite the same combatant once Gillies got hold of him.
FrankC

"It must've been a homer, Simpson - 'cause I just heard
the pitcher go DOE!"

ESPN Commercial

teakwo...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 3:09:49 PM11/24/15
Caufield & Zemlak have NEVER beaten Brown. EVER. In fact, those were two he dominated 100%. You have no clue, my friend.

mikeci...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2017, 2:06:15 PM4/29/17
Have yo agree. Vukota was a joke. Was more of a wee wrestler than a fighter

Bobby Rizzo

Aug 10, 2023, 4:05:59 PM8/10/23

Bobby Rizzo

Aug 10, 2023, 4:07:39 PM8/10/23
You gotta be dreaming! Brown was the only guy I was afraid would kill somebody if the officials didn’t step in.