Best bar/restaurant to watch the Sens?

Cheg

Apr 20, 2004, 1:34:32 PM4/20/04
Hi guys

Other than Marshie's, where's a good place to watch the game in a mostly
Sens friendly bar? I don't mind a Leafs fans mix, but I don't like it when
it's a 50/50 mix (Honest Lawyer, MacLaren's).

Alex

Zone

Apr 20, 2004, 1:31:50 PM4/20/04
What part of town?

"Cheg" <cheg_uevara@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message

Cheg

Apr 20, 2004, 2:41:09 PM4/20/04
I'm willing to travel, but i live in the Wesyboro area.

"Zone" <judean...@xspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Zone

Apr 20, 2004, 3:02:55 PM4/20/04

> I'm willing to travel, but i live in the Wesyboro area.

Hmmm ... not too much good there since half the bars in that area closed
from the smoking ban. I used to like going to Easy Street but it's gone
now. Whispers is okay for Sens/Leafs mix, but it's too small and cramped
... same with Annie's right at Richmond & Churchill. Newport is great for
fan support, but they don't have any big-screen tv's (and most of the
clientelle is getting pretty old).

Best bars for Sens fans are the Local Heroes, esp. the one on Merivale,
which isn't too far from you ... it's gonna be packed in there tonight.

If you like pool, a *really* big screen, and some elbow room, one of my
faves is Dooley's just off St. Laurent near the Science & Tech museum. Le
Scratch on Merivale is great on game night too.

Liam Maguire's is a *great* hockey bar ... if you've never met/heard/talked
to Liam, it's worth the trip. Liam is a walking, talking hockey
encyclopedia and human trivia computer. His bar is at St. Laurent and
Innes.

There's plenty of good spots along Elgin St. (other than Maclaren's, which
is a good bar, but as you point out, 50/50 Leafs fans). That area will be
great for the post-game celebrations.

Oddly enough, another good choice is the bar portion of any of the Kelsey's,
East Side Mario's, or Casey's that are all over the place. They're always
pretty lively and local.

Hope you find a good spot. Have fun.

Cheg

Apr 20, 2004, 5:07:24 PM4/20/04
Thank Zone!

It turns out we'll be going out to the Lockmaster at Bank and Somerset. My
friend tells me the ratio there is 80/20 Sens to Leafs. If you happen to
walk by, I'll be the one with a big, happy grin on my face after we win
against TO!

Cheers

Alex
GO SENS GO!!!

"Zone" <judean...@xspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Kevin Parnell

Apr 20, 2004, 5:16:54 PM4/20/04
Broken Cue on Greenbank (www.brokencue.com) best bar, giant 12 foot screen,
best bartenders too! And loads of sens fans.

m...@me.com

Apr 20, 2004, 5:47:12 PM4/20/04
Yikes, not sure if you want to hang out with people at the
Lockmaster...that bar is full of crack addicts and thieves....very
scummy place!

Nopski

Apr 20, 2004, 6:11:17 PM4/20/04
would have to agree ...Local Heroes is great place to watch game

giang.tr...@powergatevn.biz

Sep 10, 2013, 4:58:10 AM9/10/13
Il n'est pas difficile de trouver un restaurant en France
restaurant sens http://restaau.fr/Search/City/restaurant-a-sens.html