And that's all she wrote folks

mike

Dec 30, 2017, 9:57:25 PM12/30/17
The Habs season is done. Not even January yet and they're dead meat. Even I didn't think they'd be this bad. Sure, I had them as a team that would finish somewhere between 7-10 but man I didn't imagine they'd be this impotent.

On a side note, Kypreos said Pacioretty is actively being shopped. Normally I'd be all for it but Bergy is likely to get back 4 #6 defencemen because "you can never have too many defencemen".

I know we like to bash Bergevin but tbh this is really disappointing. To imagine that there will be no interesting hockey now for the rest of the year. Sigh. Maybe I'll start watching some Nashville games.

Chuck

Dec 30, 2017, 10:07:35 PM12/30/17
They’d be better off if they would put five forwards on the ice, since most of their defencemen rarely hit, forecheck or much of anything useful with the puck other then being hit by it. Like they were having a contest to see if the defence could orchestrate more defensive zone turnovers then the forwards committing offensive zone turnovers.

Gerry

Dec 31, 2017, 6:56:50 AM12/31/17
Isn't that the Daigneault system executed to perfection?

l8r,
Gerry

Mike

Dec 31, 2017, 8:48:44 AM12/31/17
When this season is over if the assistant coaching staff isn't let go
then it might be time to start rooting for the Leafs. As far as Bergevin
goes, I don't see how he survives them missing the playoffs and doing so
in the fashion they are.

Nyssa

Dec 31, 2017, 9:58:02 AM12/31/17
Yep, the Preds and Vegas have been my guilty pleasures
so far this season.

A Nashville-Vegas Western Conference Final (aka Cup semi)
would be the best, although I'd cringe if they put Malcolm
in goal instead of Fleury for a game.

Tampa Bay vs. the winner between Preds and Knights. Yep,
that's all there is to look forward to now that the Habs
have all but tanked.

Nyssa, who just wishes the Vegas games weren't on so late

Gerry

Jan 1, 2018, 7:10:23 AM1/1/18
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 9:58:02 AM UTC-5, Nyssa wrote:
> A Nashville-Vegas Western Conference Final (aka Cup semi)
> would be the best, although I'd cringe if they put Malcolm
> in goal instead of Fleury for a game.
>
> Tampa Bay vs. the winner between Preds and Knights. Yep,
> that's all there is to look forward to now that the Habs
> have all but tanked.
>
> Nyssa, who just wishes the Vegas games weren't on so late

I haven't watched Vegas yet, but they are obviously doing something very right on the ice. What is their style? I get the sense from highlights that it's high-tempo pressure/attack style, but not necessarily with the talent to pull off a real skill or possession game? I don't know. That is a rag-tag lineup if there ever was one, and I honestly thought they were ticketed for 31st in the league, easy. Even when they started hot, I figured the bottom would eventually fall out. Now... it's getting harder to expect that. Is our former assistant Gallant heading for the Coach of the Year?

l8r,
Gerry

P.S. Habs are down to 28th now, #4 overall draft seed!