McCarty's Father Dies

Chuck-X8oD

Nov 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/24/99
McCarty's Thater Passed away, after battling his war with cancer. My prayers
to Darren and his family. HEre is the AP Articles:

--

DETROIT (AP) Craig McCarty, the father of Detroit Red Wings player Darren
McCarty, died Wednesday after a four-year battle with a rare form of bone

He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma - an attacker of blood and bone
marrow - in January 1996.

"He had been doing much better, but it had always been a battle," said Patty
Vincent, the managing director of the McCarty Cancer Foundation. "He lived
day-to-day. In the last few weeks his condition worsened."

Darren McCarty created foundation 1½ years after his father's diagnosis to
help victims of the disease, spread awareness and to raise money and sponsor
studies seeking a cure.

--
]-Chuck - X8oD
]-www.x8od.com

Tammy Kadwell

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
my thoughts and prayers are also with darren and his family. my father
was diagnosed with cancer, as well, but he has been doing fine, but we
all know that could change.. i treasure every moment i have with him,
just as darren has done with his father.

Palooka

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99
I know Darren will never see this, but I wish he knew the heartfelt
sincereity with which I send this.

I have fought this disease for the past 6 months. Its a fucking
horrible thing for anyone to have to deal with, especially the good
people. I know EXACTLY the feelings that go through ones mind when
they (Or a loved one) are diagnosed with cancer, and I know the
rollercoaster ride that the therapy and treatments can be. I would
like to donate to this organization when I get back on my feet,
because people like this make ALL the difference in the world.

To anyone that has ever dealt with this, I tip my beer to them. We are
part of an elite club, and we are stronger people because of it.

Seriously. ANYONE out there with an extra dime in their pockets,
please send it to these people. It could be *your* life that is ripped
apart tommorrow, and you will wish that they were there for you.

Darren, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and my
thanks go out to your organization, and all the others like it.

Palooka

Thomas

Nov 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/25/99

Palooka wrote:

I know exactly how Darren feels, and it was a damn shitty thing to have
happen to you, even moreso the day before Thanksgiving.

My condolences...

-Thomas

Magnus Karlsson

Nov 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/26/99

>To anyone that has ever dealt with this, I tip my beer to them. We are
>part of an elite club, and we are stronger people because of it.
>

>Seriously. ANYONE out there with an extra dime in their pockets,
>please send it to these people. It could be *your* life that is ripped
>apart tommorrow, and you will wish that they were there for you.
>
>Darren, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and my
>thanks go out to your organization, and all the others like it.
>

>Palooka

Tomorrow, I'll drink my first beer to my father, you Chris, and Darrens
father Craig.

Never give less then 100%. Chris, you gave 110, you made it.

Karlsson

hankd...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2020, 2:18:16 PM6/14/20
I just saw this. Don’t know if your still around but
🙏👊🔥👍❤️
DMac25

xpenenyx

Jun 16, 2020, 5:11:30 PM6/16/20
On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 11:18:16 -0700 (PDT), hankd...@gmail.com wrote:

>I just saw this. Don’t know if your still around but
>??????
>DMac25

Who cares?