Anyone here going to honor our captain tomorrow?

BobInBoulder

Sep 30, 2009, 2:17:31 PM9/30/09
Just curious if any of the old timers like mad mark or Paul or Chris are
going to the game and, more importantly, Joe Sakic night?

Freedom Elz

Sep 30, 2009, 2:27:55 PM9/30/09

"BobInBoulder" <bi...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

> Just curious if any of the old timers like mad mark or Paul or Chris are
> going to the game and, more importantly, Joe Sakic night?

Any word if Bourque is flying in for it? If not he should be considering
Joe passed him the cup.

Note to wings trolls:

Unlike the totally uninspiring victories the wings have had, the Bourque
cup win was legendary.

Bushay

Sep 30, 2009, 2:31:22 PM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 2:27 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
> "BobInBoulder" <b...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

You mean as in the last one you'll be winning in an extreamly long
time?
My flight leaves in about an hour.

Freedom Elz

Sep 30, 2009, 2:49:31 PM9/30/09

"Bushay" <bus...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The Avs will win a cup before Detoilet does again. Our rebuilding has
started, yours is being patchworked with denial.

Big Balls Billy

Sep 30, 2009, 4:15:20 PM9/30/09

i'll be honoring joe at home in florida, sweating my ass off! does it
really need to be almost 90 in late september?

Freedom Elz

Sep 30, 2009, 4:34:12 PM9/30/09

"Big Balls Billy" <majje...@news.com> wrote in message

Careful Bill, you're giving Bushay a chub!

Bushay

Sep 30, 2009, 6:52:16 PM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 2:49 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
> "Bushay" <bush...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hmmm. And all this time I was under the impression it started 3 years
ago when you guys first missed the playoffs. You mean to tell me it's
just starting NOW?

Another poor start and Basillie will be circling YOUR arena next
making an idiot out of himself.

Biff

Sep 30, 2009, 7:12:19 PM9/30/09
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
wrote:

yeah, a freebie to a guy that didn't earn it is always legendary...
tho' if you want to credit him with whining his way out of the team he
helped build to ride the coattails of a favored team, sure. whatever.

was it maltby that spun him around in the POs and made him look
stupid? yeah, that maltby, he's a stud alright.
--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----
Words of Wisdom for Wednesday, September 30, 2009...
If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to
poor people, like now.

Biff

Sep 30, 2009, 7:17:39 PM9/30/09
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:52:16 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 30, 2:49�pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:

hey, as long as people fly into the motor city to go to the game and
buy the cheesesteaks, we'll ice a contender...

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----
Words of Wisdom for Wednesday, September 30, 2009...

Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is
right there, in the room talking to you, which is why
I don't like to read good books.

Howard Brazee

Sep 30, 2009, 8:30:58 PM9/30/09
wrote:

>> The Avs will win a cup before Detoilet does again. Our rebuilding has

>> started, yours is being patchworked with denial.
>
>Hmmm. And all this time I was under the impression it started 3 years
>ago when you guys first missed the playoffs. You mean to tell me it's
>just starting NOW?

We were in denial three years ago. See where it got us?

- James Madison

Major Disaster

Sep 30, 2009, 9:17:08 PM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 2:49 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:

> The Avs will win a cup before Detoilet does again.

Another good one to save for future reference...

Freedom Elz

Oct 1, 2009, 8:29:58 AM10/1/09

"Major Disaster" <tb...@aol.com> wrote in message

On Sep 30, 2:49 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:

> The Avs will win a cup before Detoilet does again.

>Another good one to save for future reference...

Go right ahead jerkoff, you'll be nowhere to be found when it happens.

Freedom Elz

Oct 1, 2009, 8:33:00 AM10/1/09

"Biff" <hr14...@sneakemail.com> wrote in message

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Sep 30, 2:27 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
>>> "BobInBoulder" <b...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

>>> Any word if Bourque is flying in for it? If not he should be considering
>>> Joe passed him the cup.
>>>
>>> Note to wings trolls:
>>>
>>> Unlike the totally uninspiring victories the wings have had, the Bourque
>>> cup win was legendary.
>>
>>You mean as in the last one you'll be winning in an extreamly long
>>time?
>>My flight leaves in about an hour.
>
> yeah, a freebie to a guy that didn't earn it is always legendary...

How did he not earn it?

> tho' if you want to credit him with whining his way out of the team he
> helped build to ride the coattails of a favored team, sure. whatever.

He didn't whine like Chelios did, he asked for a trade privately.

> was it maltby that spun him around in the POs and made him look
> stupid? yeah, that maltby, he's a stud alright.

They didn't play Detroit in the playoffs that year genius. Perhaps you are
thinking of when 4th liner Eric Messier blew past Nick Lidstrom the year
before.

Freedom Elz

Oct 1, 2009, 8:33:24 AM10/1/09

"Howard Brazee" <how...@brazee.net> wrote in message

> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:52:16 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> The Avs will win a cup before Detoilet does again. Our rebuilding has
>>> started, yours is being patchworked with denial.
>>
>>Hmmm. And all this time I was under the impression it started 3 years
>>ago when you guys first missed the playoffs. You mean to tell me it's
>>just starting NOW?
>
> We were in denial three years ago. See where it got us?

Exactly.

Major Disaster

Oct 1, 2009, 7:34:15 PM10/1/09

"When it happens!"

Classic!

Bushay

Oct 1, 2009, 10:51:51 PM10/1/09
On Sep 30, 7:17 pm, Biff <hr14kb...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:52:16 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bush...@gmail.com>

LOL.

He'll NEVER live that one down.

Ever!

Bushay

Oct 1, 2009, 10:55:32 PM10/1/09
On Oct 1, 8:29 am, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:

I got his email. If he's not, I'll remind him.

With concert and sports tickes into the $100 range these days.

The gold that comes out of your mouth is like a best bet when a
newspaper rates bargains in town.

Waste not want not.

Bushay

Oct 1, 2009, 10:56:29 PM10/1/09

LOL!

Zinggggggggggggg!

Bushay

Oct 1, 2009, 11:00:26 PM10/1/09
On Sep 30, 2:17 pm, "BobInBoulder" <b...@noneofyourbusiness.com>
wrote:

> Just curious if any of the old timers like mad mark or Paul or Chris are
> going to the game and, more importantly, Joe Sakic night?

Bob. did you end up going?

I would have loved to have been there myself.

My snowblower took a shit last winter and I've heard he's the new
national spokesman for Toro snowblowers.

Just wondering if he may have been passing out any coupons.

A deal is a deal these days.

nJb

Oct 1, 2009, 11:22:45 PM10/1/09

Blah, blah, blah. A night to honor one of the game's great players and
you have to act like this? Shame on you. It's not about Bourque. It's
not about the Wings. It's about Burnaby Joe, one of the most loved
and respected players in my 50+ years of watching this game. It's
about the Avs and a captian that made their fans love them an their
foes fear them. Honor the man and his legacy. Leave the smack talk for
tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm a "Wing's troll", but I have always had the utmost
respect for Joe Sakic. Without your post, I doubt any real Wings fan
would have made a negative comment about him. I'm late to this thread
but I'll bet it's already turned in to a pissing match. Too bad.

Thank you Joe Sakic, I'll miss you.

Jack

nJb

Oct 1, 2009, 11:26:52 PM10/1/09

Send 30 of those degrees to Salt Lake and we'll be even.

Jack

Grand Mal

Oct 2, 2009, 6:11:22 PM10/2/09

wrote:

>My snowblower took a shit last winter

Now, there's an image could *really* have done without.

Biff

Oct 2, 2009, 10:12:56 PM10/2/09
On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 19:55:32 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Oct 1, 8:29�am, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:

that's what we need... tickets from Mooseballs to Detroit $500.
admission to the Joe $100, tasty cheesesteak $7, the opportunity to
flip off food and share the pictures with the world... priceless...

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Words of Wisdom for Friday, October 02, 2009...

Biff

Oct 2, 2009, 10:14:51 PM10/2/09

other than tommy, I don't think anyone has said a bad word about Joe.
kinda sucked when he signed with the Rangers, but grabbin the cash is
grabbin the cash...

Bushay

Oct 3, 2009, 4:37:43 PM10/3/09
On Oct 2, 10:14 pm, Biff <hr14kb...@sneakemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:22:45 -0600, nJb <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:27:55 -0400, "Freedom Elz"
> ><noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
>
> >>"BobInBoulder" <b...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

> >>Any word if Bourque is flying in for it? If not he should be considering
> >>Joe passed him the cup.
>
> >>Note to wings trolls:
>
> >>Unlike the totally uninspiring victories the wings have had, the Bourque
> >>cup win was legendary.
>
> >Blah, blah, blah. A night to honor one of the game's great players and
> >you have to act like this? Shame on you. It's not about Bourque. It's
> >not about  the Wings. It's about Burnaby Joe, one of the most loved
> >and respected players in my 50+ years of watching this game. It's
> >about the Avs and a captian that made their fans love them an their
> >foes fear them. Honor the man and his legacy. Leave the smack talk for
> >tomorrow.
>
> >I don't know if I'm a "Wing's troll", but I have always had the utmost
> >respect for Joe Sakic. Without your post, I doubt any real Wings fan
> >would have made a negative comment about him. I'm late to this thread
> >but I'll bet it's already turned in to a pissing match. Too bad.
>
> >Thank you Joe Sakic, I'll miss you.
>
> >Jack
>
> other than tommy, I don't think anyone has said a bad word about Joe.
> kinda sucked when he signed with the Rangers, but grabbin the cash is
> grabbin the cash...

He was no Yzerman but he deserves to be in the Hall. Very smooth with
the microphone at the ceremony too. Bwa!

> --
> biff [hr14kb...@sneakemail.com]

BobInBoulder

Oct 5, 2009, 1:48:04 PM10/5/09

"nJb" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Very nice sentiment, Jack. I was at the ceremony and the game and it was
awesome. The organization has had its flaws over the past several years.
But on this night, they did it up right.

Pissing matches seem to be the norm these days around these parts, huh? Too
bad, I still would like this forum as a quick and painless way to share
thoughts.

Paul L

Oct 6, 2009, 6:23:24 PM10/6/09

"BobInBoulder" <bi...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

> Pissing matches seem to be the norm these days around these parts, huh?

> Too bad, I still would like this forum as a quick and painless way to
> share thoughts.

Get lost, ya knuckledraggin' neanderdolt !!!

cheers

Paul

ABasin

Oct 7, 2009, 11:20:18 AM10/7/09
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:17:31 -0600, "BobInBoulder"
<bi...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote:

>Just curious if any of the old timers like mad mark or Paul or Chris are
>going to the game and, more importantly, Joe Sakic night?

Not really my thing, Bob. Retire his number, raise the banner, let's
drop the puck. Sakic was great, but it's done now.

I was pretty excited about the game. Good to see the young guys.

ABasin

Oct 7, 2009, 11:23:51 AM10/7/09
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:12:19 -0600, Biff <hr14...@sneakemail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:31:22 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sep 30, 2:27�pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
>>> "BobInBoulder" <b...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote in message

>>> Any word if Bourque is flying in for it? If not he should be considering
>>> Joe passed him the cup.
>>>
>>> Note to wings trolls:
>>>
>>> Unlike the totally uninspiring victories the wings have had, the Bourque
>>> cup win was legendary.
>>
>>You mean as in the last one you'll be winning in an extreamly long
>>time?
>>My flight leaves in about an hour.
>
>yeah, a freebie to a guy that didn't earn it is always legendary...

Interesting opinion. I'm wondering why you feel Bourque didn't
deserve it. He played the whole season, big minutes, too.

Biff

Oct 7, 2009, 7:17:14 PM10/7/09

he was basically a rental and imho, he didn't bring that much to the
team. he was with the Bs for 20 years and helped build a loser, then
requested some nice coattails. with or without him, the result would
have been the same.

but bear in mind that I'm still of the belief that a player should
have some loyalty to their team, and vice versa.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Words of Wisdom for Wednesday, October 07, 2009...
If you go flying back through time and you see somebody
else flying forward into the future, it's probably best
to avoid eye contact.

ABasin

Oct 8, 2009, 1:14:08 PM10/8/09

>>>yeah, a freebie to a guy that didn't earn it is always legendary...
>>
>>Interesting opinion. I'm wondering why you feel Bourque didn't
>>deserve it. He played the whole season, big minutes, too.
>
>he was basically a rental and imho, he didn't bring that much to the
>team. he was with the Bs for 20 years and helped build a loser, then
>requested some nice coattails. with or without him, the result would
>have been the same.

That's certainly debatable. Bourque played 80 games, was the highest
scoring defenseman on the team (tied with Blake), had the highest
IT/game on the team, and that was a year when Foote missed almost 50
games, and Blake missed 15. The result would have been the same
without Bourque? What other defenseman on the roster would have
filled in there? Klemm? Nolan Pratt? Rick Berry?

>but bear in mind that I'm still of the belief that a player should
>have some loyalty to their team, and vice versa.

So, do you have a big problem with Brian Rafalski then?

...and 20 years is a lot of loyalty.

BobInBoulder

Oct 8, 2009, 1:24:13 PM10/8/09

"ABasin" <no...@goaway.com> wrote in message

I'm with you Chris. I was amazed at how well Bourque was still playing at
the end of his career. Absolutely amazed. He was an integral part of that
Cup win, not just along for the ride. I didn't agree with the Avs retiring
his jersey, however, after only a year and a half with the club. How did
the Hossa rental work out for ya, Biff?

ABasin

Oct 8, 2009, 2:40:19 PM10/8/09

>>>but bear in mind that I'm still of the belief that a player should
>>>have some loyalty to their team, and vice versa.
>>
>> So, do you have a big problem with Brian Rafalski then?
>>
>> ...and 20 years is a lot of loyalty.
>
>I'm with you Chris. I was amazed at how well Bourque was still playing at
>the end of his career. Absolutely amazed. He was an integral part of that
>Cup win, not just along for the ride. I didn't agree with the Avs retiring
>his jersey, however, after only a year and a half with the club. How did
>the Hossa rental work out for ya, Biff?

I'm not a big fan of the jersey retirement either. That's a bit much,
and reeks of French Canadian nepotism to me.

I believe that any player on a Cup roster who played the whole season
with that team, deserves complete credit for the Cup win. As long as
he actually played the games. And Bourque was on the Avs 1st
defensive pairing damn near all year long.

I think when you have a deadline player come in and play 15 games plus
playoffs, this issue can be viewed differently. But now that the NHL
moved the trade deadline back, it makes it easier to discern.

Paul L

Oct 8, 2009, 3:12:07 PM10/8/09

"ABasin" <no...@goaway.com> wrote in message

I've said many times the Nords retired numbers should have
been hanging from day one. The Bourque # retirement is an
embarassment.

But as to his role on the 2001 team ... that is clear to everyone
that watched the games. If still not sure all you had to do is
listen to the Avs players and how they referred to Bourque.
Hell, that is WHY they retired the freaking jersey, right ???

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone deny what a huge part
of that run Bourque played.

Paul

ABasin

Oct 8, 2009, 4:29:12 PM10/8/09

>> I think when you have a deadline player come in and play 15 games plus
>> playoffs, this issue can be viewed differently. But now that the NHL
>> moved the trade deadline back, it makes it easier to discern.
>
>I've said many times the Nords retired numbers should have
>been hanging from day one. The Bourque # retirement is an
>embarassment.
>
>But as to his role on the 2001 team ... that is clear to everyone
>that watched the games. If still not sure all you had to do is
>listen to the Avs players and how they referred to Bourque.
>Hell, that is WHY they retired the freaking jersey, right ???
>
>I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone deny what a huge part
>of that run Bourque played.

There's a first time for everything, I suppose.

I've never really understood the team's position on Quebec players.

Biff

Oct 8, 2009, 7:22:35 PM10/8/09

its all debatable and like I said, I'm just giving my opinion.
Rafalski didn't get to the twilight of his career and ask to be sent
to a condender. I have no particular feeling either way on Raf other
than I like the guy.

I don't think that Bourque made the difference in the team and don't
like the way his trade came about. its all personal opinion and I'm
sure others have theirs.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Words of Wisdom for Thursday, October 08, 2009...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the
time, for no good reason.

Biff

Oct 8, 2009, 7:24:36 PM10/8/09

gee bib, it was a rental. like we didn't know that going in. he
helped to get us to the finals, actually more the playoffs, then he
went to sleep. now he's gone. no big deal really. its not like
we're gonna drool all over him and hoist his sweater into the rafters
next week or anything. you might have to work a little harder on
taking a shot, that was pretty weak.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Biff

Oct 8, 2009, 7:25:42 PM10/8/09

should we relate this to one of the many "Osgood sucks and only has
his name on the Cup because the rest of the team carries him"
conversations?

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Biff

Oct 8, 2009, 7:27:49 PM10/8/09

what can I say, I don't drink the corporate kool-aid. I have my
opinion and I don't agree with him whining his way out of Boston and I
don't think he made the difference in the season, and I don't think
his jersey should have been in the rafters. I never said you had to
think that way.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

ABasin

Oct 8, 2009, 7:49:13 PM10/8/09

>>>I'm with you Chris. I was amazed at how well Bourque was still playing at
>>>the end of his career. Absolutely amazed. He was an integral part of that
>>>Cup win, not just along for the ride. I didn't agree with the Avs retiring
>>>his jersey, however, after only a year and a half with the club. How did
>>>the Hossa rental work out for ya, Biff?
>>
>>I'm not a big fan of the jersey retirement either. That's a bit much,
>>and reeks of French Canadian nepotism to me.
>>
>>I believe that any player on a Cup roster who played the whole season
>>with that team, deserves complete credit for the Cup win. As long as
>>he actually played the games. And Bourque was on the Avs 1st
>>defensive pairing damn near all year long.
>>
>>I think when you have a deadline player come in and play 15 games plus
>>playoffs, this issue can be viewed differently. But now that the NHL
>>moved the trade deadline back, it makes it easier to discern.
>
>should we relate this to one of the many "Osgood sucks and only has
>his name on the Cup because the rest of the team carries him"
>conversations?

You can if you want - it's a free usenet. But, I'd appreciate it if
you'd do so in response to someone who actually said such a thing
about Osgood, because I didn't.

I don't think Osgood has ever been one of the most talented
goaltenders around, but you know what? He wins. And he deserves
credit for it. Chris Drury is most certainly not one of the more
purely talented centers around, but I sure liked it when the Avs had
him.

ABasin

Oct 8, 2009, 7:56:09 PM10/8/09

>>That's certainly debatable. Bourque played 80 games, was the highest
>>scoring defenseman on the team (tied with Blake), had the highest
>>IT/game on the team, and that was a year when Foote missed almost 50
>>games, and Blake missed 15. The result would have been the same
>>without Bourque? What other defenseman on the roster would have
>>filled in there? Klemm? Nolan Pratt? Rick Berry?
>>
>>>but bear in mind that I'm still of the belief that a player should
>>>have some loyalty to their team, and vice versa.
>>
>>So, do you have a big problem with Brian Rafalski then?
>>
>>...and 20 years is a lot of loyalty.
>
>its all debatable and like I said, I'm just giving my opinion.
>Rafalski didn't get to the twilight of his career and ask to be sent
>to a condender.

I had a feeling you'd see them differently. No, Rafalski simply left
the team that brought him into the NHL, developed him, and paid him
for 7 years - then when NJ started slipping, he went to a powerful
team who promised to pay him more. What happened to your 'loyalty'
thing?

Seems like a bit of a double-standard to me.

I have no problem in the world with players leaving teams and going
where they want to go, and contribute to their new team's success.

>I don't think that Bourque made the difference in the team and don't
>like the way his trade came about. its all personal opinion

Yes, but just because it's your opinion - or something is mine -
doesn't make it automatically correct, reasonable, and beyond refute.
There are NAMBLA people out there who are of the 'personal opinion'
that it's OK to bend over 12 year old boys and skewer them in the ass.
"Hey, it's my opinion. You're welcome to yours."

Howard Brazee

Oct 8, 2009, 8:17:04 PM10/8/09
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:14:08 -0600, ABasin <no...@goaway.com> wrote:

>That's certainly debatable. Bourque played 80 games, was the highest
>scoring defenseman on the team (tied with Blake), had the highest
>IT/game on the team, and that was a year when Foote missed almost 50
>games, and Blake missed 15. The result would have been the same
>without Bourque? What other defenseman on the roster would have
>filled in there? Klemm? Nolan Pratt? Rick Berry?

And it doesn't take much difference to not quite win the cup.

- James Madison

Howard Brazee

Oct 8, 2009, 8:18:22 PM10/8/09
On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:24:13 -0600, "BobInBoulder"
<bi...@noneofyourbusiness.com> wrote:

>I'm with you Chris. I was amazed at how well Bourque was still playing at
>the end of his career. Absolutely amazed. He was an integral part of that
>Cup win, not just along for the ride. I didn't agree with the Avs retiring
>his jersey, however, after only a year and a half with the club.

I agree totally. The franchise needs to un-retire Nordique jerseys.

Howard Brazee

Oct 8, 2009, 8:20:12 PM10/8/09
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:22:35 -0600, Biff <hr14...@sneakemail.com>
wrote:

>I don't think that Bourque made the difference in the team and don't
>like the way his trade came about. its all personal opinion and I'm
>sure others have theirs.

I'm glad that Boston decided to give Bourque a chance at the cup. He
wasn't going to get it by staying. I expect lots of Boston fans
agree.

Biff

Oct 9, 2009, 10:07:30 PM10/9/09

you weren't credited with any particular osgood comments. just
mentioning them in general.

drury was a good guy to have around...

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Words of Wisdom for Friday, October 09, 2009...
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid seeing yourself
in the mirror, because I bet that's what REALLY throws
you into a panic.

Biff

Oct 9, 2009, 10:09:26 PM10/9/09

didn't this type of conversation go off into rape last time? or was
it just underage girls?

I'll have to review the ralf story but I don't recall him whining to
go to a contender off the top of my head.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Biff

Oct 9, 2009, 10:11:24 PM10/9/09
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:20:12 -0600, Howard Brazee <how...@brazee.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:22:35 -0600, Biff <hr14...@sneakemail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I don't think that Bourque made the difference in the team and don't
>>like the way his trade came about. its all personal opinion and I'm
>>sure others have theirs.
>
>I'm glad that Boston decided to give Bourque a chance at the cup. He
>wasn't going to get it by staying. I expect lots of Boston fans
>agree.

no doubt that the popular opinion is that ray was a good guy and
deserved a cup so he should go to a contender. yadda yadda yadda. i'm
just not of that opinion.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

ABasin

Oct 9, 2009, 11:28:23 PM10/9/09

>>Yes, but just because it's your opinion - or something is mine -
>>doesn't make it automatically correct, reasonable, and beyond refute.
>>There are NAMBLA people out there who are of the 'personal opinion'
>>that it's OK to bend over 12 year old boys and skewer them in the ass.
>>"Hey, it's my opinion. You're welcome to yours."
>
>didn't this type of conversation go off into rape last time? or was
>it just underage girls?

I have no idea what you're talking about, but that's OK - you rarely
make an actual point.

My point is, that just because you have an opinion - here in a public
forum no less - doesn't make is immune from debate. Lest I sit here
and tell you that the world is flat and 2+2=3. You come to a
conclustion - which I refute with facts - then simply shrug your
shoulders and say "Hey, it's my opinion", without any factual backing.
This is like having a conversation with an emotional pregnant woman.

Biff

Oct 10, 2009, 2:40:24 PM10/10/09
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:28:23 -0600, ABasin <no...@goaway.com> wrote:

>>>There are NAMBLA people out there who are of the 'personal opinion'
>>>that it's OK to bend over 12 year old boys and skewer them in the ass.
>>>"Hey, it's my opinion. You're welcome to yours."
>>
>>didn't this type of conversation go off into rape last time? or was
>>it just underage girls?
>
>I have no idea what you're talking about, but that's OK - you rarely
>make an actual point.

just because you can't quite follow it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
let's travel back about a year. I believe it was tommy that made a
relation between an opinion and rape, or incest or something similar
to banging little boys. it wasn't received very well. can you
actually follow that, or is it still zingnig right over your head?

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
_______ ____
| /----/ (____)
c (.).) |Budw|
( (_)) (_)(__)
\ . | | (__)
\___/ | (__)
----

Words of Wisdom for Saturday, October 10, 2009...
Probably the earliest fly swatters were nothing more
than some sort of striking surface attached to the end
of a long stick.

Freedom Elz

Oct 16, 2009, 12:07:08 PM10/16/09

"ABasin" <no...@goaway.com> wrote in message

As a Nords fan that became an Avs fan, I honestly don't want to see Michel
Goulet's number hanging in the Pepsi Centre. Especially since the Nords
will be back in the league soon. :-)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091016/quebec_hockey_091016/20091016?hub=TopStoriesV2

As for the wings homers that are slagging Bourque, they're just jealous that
they never
had a cup win as compelling as the Bourque one.

Bushay

Oct 16, 2009, 5:02:13 PM10/16/09
On Oct 16, 12:07 pm, "Freedom Elz" <noh...@detroitslums.com> wrote:
> "ABasin" <no...@goaway.com> wrote in message

> >>I've said many times the Nords retired numbers should have
> >>been hanging from day one.   The Bourque # retirement is an
> >>embarassment.
>
> >>But as to his role on the 2001 team ... that is clear to everyone
> >>that watched the games.  If still not sure all you had to do is
> >>listen to the Avs players and how they referred to Bourque.
> >>Hell, that is WHY they retired the freaking jersey, right ???
>
> >>I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone deny what a huge part
> >>of that run Bourque played.
>
> > There's a first time for everything, I suppose.
>
> > I've never really understood the team's position on Quebec players.
>
> As a Nords fan that became an Avs fan, I honestly don't want to see Michel
> Goulet's number hanging in the Pepsi Centre. Especially since the Nords
> will be back in the league soon. :-)
>
> http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091016/quebec_h...

> As for the wings homers that are slagging Bourque, they're just jealous that
> they never
> had a cup win as compelling as the Bourque one.

Hey idiot. He was a rent a player. There was NOTHING compelling about
it.
He was a great player for over 18 some years. But could NEVER get a
cup helping one of HIS own teams.

Compelling LOL!

Bushay

Oct 16, 2009, 5:03:59 PM10/16/09

Sakic passed him the cup...LOL! How compelling.

Evidently your lacking some quality compellingness in your lifetime.

Biff

Oct 17, 2009, 9:41:02 PM10/17/09
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:02:13 -0700 (PDT), Bushay <bus...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> As for the wings homers that are slagging Bourque, they're just jealous that

>> they never
>> had a cup win as compelling as the Bourque one.
>
>Hey idiot. He was a rent a player. There was NOTHING compelling about
>it.
>He was a great player for over 18 some years. But could NEVER get a
>cup helping one of HIS own teams.
>
>Compelling LOL!

hmmm, at least I'm not alone in the Bourque world. everyone else
seems to be drinking the corporate kool aid and drooling all over Ray.

compelling? beppin.

--
biff [hr14...@sneakemail.com]
(put "blackcherry" in the subject line to get through)
c (.).) |Budw|
----

Words of Wisdom for Tuesday, October 13, 2009...