So long, Cat!

Frank Sereno

Jul 8, 2022, 7:42:20 AM7/8/22
So the Hawks have hit rock bottom and traded their best player
last night. I guess they hope that this will convince Kaner and
Tazer to waive their no trade clauses and get their contracts off
the books. Don't imagine they can get much the Captain as his
game has declined so much. Maybe they could get a reasonable deal
for Kane.

Unfortunately, the Hawks are going to stink for a long, long time.

Frank Sereno

Jul 9, 2022, 9:32:24 AM7/9/22
On 7/8/2022 4:04 PM, Rich wrote:
> Who knows what is going on with Hawk.
> Luke Richardson says it's all about speed, I agree. Now it's all up to
> Kyle Davidson to supply the talent... maybe a stretch??
> Trying to be optimistic and give the new managemant a chance...we
> shall see.
> Took another hit today when Duncan annonced his retirement, now Hawk
> take a big cap hit from that deal.
> Suspect more moves forthcoming for added speed.
> Petr Mrazek??

I would say that a guy that has scored 40 goals twice must be a
fairly fast skater. The idiots just didn't want to pay him
because they signed Kane and Toews to long, guaranteed contracts.
It's crazy to dump a guy like Cat. He's the guy you build around
unless the plan is to suck for 10 or 20 years like it was under
old Dollar Bill.