My 2 cents

1 view

Robert Baker

Dec 7, 2001, 10:12:28 PM12/7/01
First, let me say that I lived in WNY until 1998 when I moved down
to Borzz area. I have been a Sabres fan since they started and continue
to watch them on the dish down here. As I type this, my soninlaw and
grandaughter are watching the Sabres and Av's at HSBC Arens. I have been
reading this newsgroup for several years and have some observations.
First, thanks dollar in for the advice on where to post my tests. My
apologies to the group.
I enjoy most of the posts as they show there are many knowledgeable
fans around the country who are dedicated to the Club. I respect
everyone's right to their opinion, but to be honest, with a few
exceptions you are not a very friendly bunch. This is one reason I had
never posted until this week. I finally decided that since there were
few posts, that I would post something just to see what reactions it
brought. Wouldn't you know, the first email I got about my post called
me a "fucking maroon" I think the poor sole meant "moron".
I am sure that some of my ideas about players, player trades and
management are different than yours. I feel however that it would be a
waste of time to express those thoughts on this newsgroup so as to
enable some inconsiderate, intolerant individual to be able to insult
me because my ideas are different that theirs.
I am sure I will continue to read this newsgroup but this will be my
last post. Kudos to those knowledgeable folks who post interesting,
intriguing and thought provoking items, keep it up. To the rest of the
childish nasty folks who frequent here, this may not help but it sure
makes me feel better.

Borzz

Dec 7, 2001, 11:43:47 PM12/7/01
In article <3C11851C...@blueridge.net>,
Robert Baker <bba...@blueridge.net> wrote:

One bit of advice:

The tone of most people in usenet is never what it would be if you met
them in person. Folks find it easy to boast "facelessly". We're all
probably pretty ugly. Remember the old saying "sticks and stones"...
Opinions generate far more interest and replies than do the boastful
hatred. I'd rather read an unusual opinion than none at all.

Exercise your kill filter for those who have nothing at all good to say
- like most Stars fans that used to frequent here.

I haven't lived in Buffalo for almost 20 years...but they're still my
team through thick and thin.

Voice thyself :)

--
....Borzz

www.totalitypro.com

Winger

Dec 7, 2001, 11:51:05 PM12/7/01
Robert, thanks for taking the time to post. But please, that "inconsiderate,
intolerant, individual" who insulted you didn't do so because he/she/it
disagreed with you, but because he/she/it has 1)no life, 2)no class, 3)no
maturity, 4)no brains, 5)all of the aforementioned. Every newsgroup has a
few idiots who'd rather show thier ignorance than contributing something
worthwhile to the discussion (every segment of society for that matter!).
Ignore them. But if we all agreed on everything, there would be no need for
this forum. Yes, the criticism can be crude at times. Just consider the
source and move on. But IMO, some of this critical but crude bantar is
sometimes the most entertaining part of the newsgroup! Come on, you gotta
admit, someone trying to "slam" you and at the same time misspelling "moron"
is not only ironic, but hilarious!

"Robert Baker" <bba...@blueridge.net> wrote in message

GZini

Dec 8, 2001, 1:51:23 AM12/8/01
Speak for yourself. Only my temperment is ugly. :)

Mike

Dec 8, 2001, 4:11:31 AM12/8/01
>From: "Winger" wing...@yahoo.com

>Come on, you gotta
>admit, someone trying to "slam" you and at the same time misspelling "moron"
>is not only ironic, but hilarious!

Maybe it's just my area of town, but around here, maroon is not a misspelling
of moron. It is an actual similar word to moron. just my 2 cents on that. Now
for my 5 dollars on the rest of the origional posts in the thread. Yes, I'm
ugly. No I never tried to be a web badass on here. And yes, I have made many
posts that probably put me into this ignorant cattegory. Honestly though, I am
one of the most misnderstood people in person, so I guess on the net, it's even
amplified. But I still wake up every morning no matter how many people don't
like my opinions, so keep thinking what you want about me.

Mike (A.K.A. SoBu)
"I never said that I was cool, I only said you weren't."
http://www.geocities.com/Sobu4ever

Jefferson N. Glapski

Dec 8, 2001, 12:35:52 PM12/8/01
"Robert Baker" <bba...@blueridge.net> wrote in message
> First, let me say that I lived in WNY until 1998 when I moved down
> to Borzz area. I have been a Sabres fan since they started and
continue
> to watch them on the dish down here. As I type this, my soninlaw and
> grandaughter are watching the Sabres and Av's at HSBC Arens. I have
been
> reading this newsgroup for several years and have some observations.
> First, thanks dollar in for the advice on where to post my tests. My
> apologies to the group.
> I enjoy most of the posts as they show there are many
knowledgeable
> fans around the country who are dedicated to the Club. I respect
> everyone's right to their opinion, but to be honest, with a few
> exceptions you are not a very friendly bunch. This is one reason I had
> never posted until this week. I finally decided that since there were
> few posts, that I would post something just to see what reactions it
> brought. Wouldn't you know, the first email I got about my post called
> me a "fucking maroon" I think the poor sole meant "moron".

You really need to watch more Bugs Bunny, you maroon.

--
Your pla,
Jefferson N. Glapski

http://pwp.ibl.bm/~jng

PERFECT SEASONS
1887 1912 1968 1969 1973 1986 1994

"Indeed, I was mistaken. I informed Glapski of this several times."
-Bryan S. Slick 11/19/2001 6:51PM ET

Borzz

Dec 8, 2001, 4:40:47 PM12/8/01
In article <20011208015123...@mb-mp.aol.com>,
gz...@aol.com (GZini) wrote:

:)

Evidently, I'm more bitter in "real life":

http://home.carolina.rr.com/totalitypro/images.html

--
....Borzz

www.totalitypro.com

Stefano

Dec 10, 2001, 11:01:28 PM12/10/01
Robert, before I entered this NG (about 2 years ago) I had never been
on-line and hadn't typed since HS, almost 20 years ago. Needless to say
I was lost my first few posts, a few here helped and few insulted. As
I've said before, out of 100 people there inevitably will be one or two
idiots, multiply that by 4 or 5 billion and you can see where this is
heading. The one's that are here to insult, are insecure and immature.
They also probably have sex by themselves often and take it out on
others! Don't let a few jerks win by not posting.

Robert Baker wrote;