Jamie Hicks Retires

RQO

Dec 4, 2001, 7:47:38 AM12/4/01
Jamie Hicks has apparently hung up his skates in Little Rock, AK. His
departure from the Riverblades will put a strain on an already struggling
team and franchise.

Hicks will always be associated with the Birmingham Bulls to me, and I sure
hate to see him go out this way. Always a scoring threat, he will be
remembered by some for notching the famous SHORT HANDED NATURAL HAT TRICK.

I'll remember him for that, as well as the time at the CajunDome he traded
his stick and a puck to a little kid for his "Beanie Baby". The Dome gave
away free Beanies to the first 1000 or so, and after the game, a loss by
Birmingham, he stopped after leaving the ice and made the trade with the
little boy who was in the process of taunting him with the toy. Jamie made
an instant fan of the kid and of all those who saw it. Hockey fans already
had an appreciation for the hard working Center of the Bulls. We'll miss
you on the ice Jamie.

RQO

SarcastaBitch

Dec 4, 2001, 11:19:44 AM12/4/01
> I'll remember him for that, as well as the time at the CajunDome he traded
> his stick and a puck to a little kid for his "Beanie Baby". The Dome gave
> away free Beanies to the first 1000 or so, and after the game, a loss by
> Birmingham, he stopped after leaving the ice and made the trade with the
> little boy who was in the process of taunting him with the toy. Jamie
made
> an instant fan of the kid and of all those who saw it. Hockey fans
already
> had an appreciation for the hard working Center of the Bulls. We'll miss
> you on the ice Jamie.

That is such a sweet thing to do. That's why I'm such a fan of hockey - NHL
and the minors. You never see that kind of thing in football or baseball.

Laura

Pride12fan

Dec 5, 2001, 7:37:08 AM12/5/01
>From: "SarcastaBitch"

>You never see that kind of thing in football or baseball.

Mainly because they dont use sticks OR pucks. Its a ball & bat thing..

kennet...@gmail.com

May 26, 2014, 11:26:58 AM5/26/14
You left out "unassisted" - all three were steals at the blue line leading to 1 on 0 breakaways. Jamie had the best "drag" move I've ever seen - he never really needed an alternative.