Gymnastics coach fired after contacting Aly Raisman about Larry Nassar

Harvey Weinstein

Sep 2, 2018, 4:08:08 AM9/2/18
INDIANAPOLIS -- USA Gymnastics has parted ways with recently
hired coach Mary Lee Tracy because Tracy tried to contact Aly
Raisman, one of Larry Nassar's most outspoken victims. Only
three days after being hired as the program's elite development
coordinator, Tracy posted on social media Friday that she was
asked to resign after trying to contact Raisman to apologize,
and in the hopes "we could work together to make our sport
better and learn from all the mistakes of the past."

USA Gymnastics said in a statement that Tracy inappropriately
contacted Raisman, who is suing the federation, and was critical
of Tracy's hiring because the coach had previously defended
Nassar.

Raisman, a three-time Olympic champion, tweeted after Tracy's
hiring, calling it "a slap in the face for survivors, and
further confirmation that nothing at USAG has changed."

Raisman first told publicly came forward as a victim of Nassar's
on "60 Minutes" in November 2017. Raisman told CBS News chief
medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook that the culture at USA
Gymnastics had to change.

"Why are we looking at why didn't the girls speak up?" Raisman
said. "Why not look at what about the culture? What did USA
Gymnastics do, and Larry Nassar do, to manipulate these girls so
much that they are so afraid to speak up?"

Nassar pleaded pleaded guilty to assaulting seven people, and
more than 150 women and girls testified that he abused them at
his sentencing hearing in January. A judge sentenced him to 40
to 175 years in prison, calling it a "death sentence."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mary-lee-tracy-fired-usa-gymnastics-
contacting-aly-raisman-about-larry-nassar/