shannon miller a figure skater????

瀏覽次數:10 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Bull7694

未讀,
1998年3月15日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/15
收件者:

Last night i was watching Extra on tv and they were doing an interview with
shannon miller who has recently started taking ice skating lessons, she doesnt
intend on trying to make it to the Salt lake city games, but i think she might
try for some smaller-beginning competiton as she gets better.
She also was tallking about her stalker at the campus of Olkahoma where she
currently attends school.
She said that she will know by the end of the year if she plans on competiting
in Syndey. I hope she and Domonic Dawes, Amy CHow and Jaycie Phelps try out for
the team... evern though shannon and domonic will be 25 years old.. i think
they can do it....

訊息已遭刪除

DClan13251

未讀,
1998年3月15日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/15
收件者:

>evern though shannon and domonic will be 25 years old.. i think
>they can do it....

I think you're #'s are wrong. By July of 2000, she'll be 23 years old; not 25.

<em>Shannon Miller (DOB) - March 10, 1977</em>

GymnGDoll

未讀,
1998年3月15日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/15
收件者:

<--------They will be 23 and they don't have a PRAYER of making it to Sydney.
Shannon MIGHT make it with *generous* scoring, but our juniors are too
powerful, and while Shannon is one of the best we have ever had, one of the
best the WORLD has ever had, in fact, she can't slack off her training for this
long at that age and expect to be able to put it back together. Gymnastics
simply does not work that way.>>>>>>.

Yeah, our juniors are "powerful" but "USA gymnasts SUCK!"....hm......

Missy

"You want to kill it, or do you want me to?"--Goonies

Bull7694

未讀,
1998年3月17日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/17
收件者:

>I think you're #'s are wrong. By July of 2000, she'll be 23 years old; not
>25.

Sorry about that.. i thought those numbers were a little to high, but thats
what they said on TV. Yep they will be 23, but if Slyvania from Ukraine can do
it, then why can't Snoonon and Domonic.

And about the junior gymnast being powerful.. i hope thats true cause a
majority of the senior gymnast arent that good. And after their performance at
Worlds the olympics might be a horrible -lace for them to be.

Pizzicat

未讀,
1998年3月17日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/17
收件者:

>For a competitive team in 2000, Atler,
>Dantzscher, Wing, Powell, and Maloney would have to improve faster than
>athletes like Karpenko, Produnova, and Fei while becoming more consistent,
>or others like Wing, Brion, or Stevens will have to do so.

why do you have wing twice?

Albert C.E. Parker

未讀,
1998年3月17日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/17
收件者:

I recently encountered a book entitled "Why Michael Couldn't Hit" written
by a neurologist. He explained that when Michael Jordan temporarily
retired from basketball to pursue a baseball career, it was absolutely
certain that he would be unsuccessful. Learning very complex physical
skills like hitting a baseball is limited to a time period early in life,
after which learning the skill well is impossible because of changes in the
brain and nervous system over time. It is similar to learning a language.
Any child can learn any language or languages that he or she hears, but
this ability disappears at puberty. A child that was brought up without
hearing any language (say, by parents who were deaf, or in some other weird
circumstance where the child did not hear any language) can later in life
learn the rudiments of a language but will not become fluent. The same is
true of physical skills. So French boy grow up learning French and how to
dribble a soccer ball with their feet while Dominican Republic boys grow up
learning Spanish and baseball. Michael Jordan grew up learning English and
basketball and by the time he was 30 it was too late to learn the very
complex skill of hitting a baseball. Since women develop physically
earlier than men, the "window of opportunity" probably closes earlier for
them. As talented athletically as Shannon Miller is, it might already be
too late for her to learn anything beyond the rudiments of figure skating.
If she wants to do that for fun, she will probably be able to do better
than others who pick up figure skating as adults, but it is unlikely that
she could ever be a good figure skater compared to those who began learning
that sport as children. I suppose the same would apply to adults who take
up gymnastics. They might learn some of the easier or more elementary
skills, but stuff like Yurchenko 1½'s would be impossible, if this
neurologist is correct.

Since Shannon Miller was born in 1977, she would be 23 in 2000, not 25. I
believe that that was Svetlana Boguinskaya's age. Amy Chow would be 22 and
Jaycie Phelps would be 20. The 1996 women's Olympic team was unusual in
that every member was a genuine world-class gymnast. It doesn't look like
the U.S. has even six of those now. For a competitive team in 2000, Atler,

Bull7694 <bull...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19980315215...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

> Last night i was watching Extra on tv and they were doing an interview
with
> shannon miller who has recently started taking ice skating lessons, she
doesnt
> intend on trying to make it to the Salt lake city games, but i think she
might
> try for some smaller-beginning competiton as she gets better.
> She also was tallking about her stalker at the campus of Olkahoma where
she
> currently attends school.
> She said that she will know by the end of the year if she plans on
competiting
> in Syndey. I hope she and Domonic Dawes, Amy CHow and Jaycie Phelps try
out for

> the team... evern though shannon and domonic will be 25 years old.. i

GymBooPeep

未讀,
1998年3月18日 凌晨3:00:001998/3/18
收件者:

* Yep they will be 23, but if Slyvania from Ukraine can do
it, then why can't Snoonon and Domonic. *

"Snoonon and Domonic"?? Are you totally illiterate or are you just being rude?

chiy...@gmail.com

未讀,
2017年5月5日 晚上10:07:312017/5/5
收件者: