Rapoport: Chargers and Greg Roman have reached an agreement; he's the OC

Robin Miller

Feb 6, 2024, 11:05:06 PMFeb 6

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Greg Roman’s deal is now agreed to and done, per source, and he’s set as
the #Chargers offensive coordinator. A huge hire for Jim Harbaugh,
locking in one of the most accomplished OCs around.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1755036295657845230

8:10 PM · Feb 6, 2024

phlash74

Feb 7, 2024, 11:20:25 AMFeb 7
Some Ravens fans on Twitter were crowing (pardon the bad pun) about how us Chargers fans are gonna find out how bad Roman is.

I looked up his stats, and the Ravens averaged over 30 points a game his first two years, but fell to the lower 20s his last two years. We'll see how it goes. I trust Harbaugh to have the right people in place, and it's not as if they've let a great OC go recently. Herbert will be fine as long as Keenan is there (still the best route runner in the league) and the defense under Minter keeps opponents under 27 a game.

Michael

Robin Miller

Feb 7, 2024, 4:28:42 PMFeb 7
Yeah, I'm not wild about him either, probably the one (so far proposed)
hire I'm dubious about. But I will trust Harbaugh.

--Robin