Report reveals NFL's response to Jon Gruden's Saints visit

Howie

Jun 1, 2023, 12:57:43 AM6/1/23
The NFL reportedly had no issues with the New Orleans Saints recently
bringing in Jon Gruden for help with installing their new offense.

Gruden coached first-year Saints quarterback Derek Carr for three-plus
seasons with the Oakland-Las Vegas Raiders from 2018 to 2021, before
resigning in October 2021.

Gruden left the Raiders following the NFL's investigation into the
Washington then-Football Team's workplace and private emails that Gruden
sent to then-Washington team president Bruce Allen and others from 2011-
2018 that included misogynistic, homophobic and racist language.

According to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, "The Saints got no negative
feedback from the league office for bringing Gruden around."

New Orleans head coach Dennis Allen defended the decision to bring in
Gruden, saying this on Tuesday.

Katherine Terrell
·
May 30, 2023
@Kat_Terrell
·
Follow
Dennis Allen on bringing in Jon Gruden to watch practice and discuss the
offense and Derek Carr:

"Look, I mean, No. 1, we've had several coaches come and visit. Obviously,
Jon's a guy that has a lot of experience with Derek and Derek has had his
most success under Jon Gruden...
Katherine Terrell
@Kat_Terrell
·
Follow
And so we felt like bringing him in, having a chance to sit down and visit
with him as an offensive staff, with the quarterbacks and just getting
some new thoughts and ideas of things we might be able to implement...

Carr signed with the Saints in March after spending the first nine seasons
of his career with the Raiders, making four Pro Bowls.

New Orleans has missed the playoffs in each of the last two seasons since
Drew Brees last suited up, going a combined 16-18. The Tampa Bay
Buccaneers have won the last two NFC South division crowns but saw Tom
Brady retire for the second time in the offseason.

Both the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers are expected to be led by
young quarterbacks this season in second-year pro Desmond Ridder and 2023
first overall pick Bryce Young respectively. While the Saints face plenty
of questions on their roster, they should benefit from having the most
experienced (and successful) signal-caller in the division under center
this fall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-reveals-nfl-s-response-to-jon-
gruden-s-saints-visit/ar-
AA1bWE49?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=16d0f36f4df1471b864930e146eac4fa&ei=64
04