Does This Ice DJ as franchise?

iommiRULES

Jan 15, 2023, 9:02:28 PM1/15/23
I think is does. Not because they made it to the 2nd round, but because he is the MAIN REASON The Giants got into the playoffs and are now still playing. Prolly cost 35-40 mil but its a good problem to have.

*ernie

Jan 15, 2023, 9:42:25 PM1/15/23
On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 9:02:28 PM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> I think is does. Not because they made it to the 2nd round, but because he is the MAIN REASON The Giants got into the playoffs and are now still playing. Prolly cost 35-40 mil but its a good problem to have.

I'd like to think is. He's never going to have the rocket arm of a Mahones but he's smart and he's tough. You hit the nail on the head; he IS the reason they are where they are. He's got all the makings of a winner.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Jan 15, 2023, 9:50:34 PM1/15/23
But those who hate him and think they should not pay him, will never be convinced even if he wins a Super Bowl and gets the Super Bowl MVP.

iommiRULES

Jan 15, 2023, 10:04:42 PM1/15/23
But they are not Giants fans Jeff, they are fans of themselves who will never admit they are wrong...i can recall a few Eli haters in here who "retired" after Eli won it. Nothing more than Trolls really.....ive been a DJ supporter from day 1...i was not in the Eli has more in the tank camp as you recall....only way Eli had more in the tank is if he had an allstar oline. which it was FAR from that....You will fumble and get hurt more if you hang to long in the pocket, Dabes broke him of that habit, thats the main reason for the turn around, pocket awareness. He always had the arm, the accuracy, the size, the Brains....just now he has the pocket awareness and uses his legs. And this should just get better as they surround him with better talent. Better oline/WRs/TEs he can use his smarts and arm more, less running.

*ernie

Jan 16, 2023, 12:47:25 AM1/16/23
You know the old saying, "you can't make everybody happy".

45...@mydaja.com

Jan 16, 2023, 11:36:54 AM1/16/23
On Sun, 15 Jan 2023 18:02:27 -0800 (PST), iommiRULES
<gregk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think is does. Not because they made it to the 2nd round, but because he is the MAIN REASON The Giants got into the playoffs and are now still playing. Prolly cost 35-40 mil but its a good problem to have.

Congrats. You seem to have your QB. My team was hampered by the owner
on that.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Jan 17, 2023, 5:53:54 AM1/17/23
We sort of have our quarterback, remember he is not under contract as they did not take his 5th year option. There are a lot of quarterback needy teams that could make a big offer. Yes, they could tag him, but that kills the cap as they cannot spread out the cap hit.

iommiRULES

Jan 17, 2023, 2:44:37 PM1/17/23
I'm hoping the things i hear are true.....namely insiders saying (Chris Simms and Boomer prolly via Phil) its gonna get done, but if he plays good this week the price goes up i'm sure. Anyway if its true they are hell bent getting it done before march he never gets to free agency, its just to good of a fit for all involved i think, and DJ doesnt seem the kind of guy where money is the bottom line....so maybe he takes a b contract at less years (say 3) that way if he keeps it up he will be up for a new even bigger contract while still young.

TomW

Jan 17, 2023, 7:41:09 PM1/17/23
Do you notice that Daboll never heaps a lot of praise on Jones during the press conference other than saying he played good when in fact he played great. I'm thinking it to do with the contract negotiations.

iommiRULES

Jan 18, 2023, 8:39:42 AM1/18/23
That did cross my mind, but i think its more of dont be the media....when the QB gets to much praise for a win or blame for a loss, keeping it real knowing everyone contributes. That first half tho with all the running i never seen anything like that i thought DJ was gonna collapse. I woulda called timeout or pulled him for a few plays like they do with even RBs who are used to running that much!
Instead Kafkas calling more QB runs!