Wink Martindale quits

*ernie

Jan 8, 2024, 10:55:49 PMJan 8

TomB...@agent.com

Jan 9, 2024, 6:39:38 AMJan 9
On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 22:55:46 -0500, *ernie
<already...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/giants-wink-martindale-quits-brian-daboll-needs-new-defensive-coordinator-after-all/ar-AA1mECVH?ocid=msedgntp&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=82b533c14f014d85b737ea78e3493986&ei=10
>

>Daboll should hire Belichick if available. I know it won't happen, but
>it's nice to imagine.

I just can't see BB accepting a coordinator job. NOr can I see Daboll
accepting such a high profile assistant. Ain't happenin'.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Jan 9, 2024, 8:46:14 AMJan 9
What if the eagles want to hire Wink to replace the awful Matt Patricia? Although he quit, he is still under contract to the Giants, can they stop it?

*ernie

Jan 11, 2024, 11:21:10 PMJan 11
According to ESPN, Martindale is still with Giants contractually. The
Giants are seeking a solution that results with Wink back with the team.
If he resigns, he stands to lose $3M this year and can't sign with
another team.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Jan 13, 2024, 11:33:41 AMJan 13
I believe they have settled their differences. The Giants do not have to pay him, and Wink can pursue a job with another NFL team/

*ernie

Jan 13, 2024, 7:28:59 PMJan 13
All's well that ends well. I expected more from the defense, I still
believe they have good players. Offenses over time are adapting to blitz
defenses and unfortunately that's the whole Martindale philosophy. He's
not a bad coach but has to learn to adapt.