Only thing to Do Today

iommiRULES

Nov 27, 2022, 9:16:41 AM11/27/22
Is root for the Packers and Falcons. And we have to at least split these games with the commies coming up or the Giants could easily drop to last place. Then instead of hoping for playoffs we may just be rooting for a 9-8 winning season. Our division and NFC record is already working against us.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Nov 27, 2022, 10:07:56 AM11/27/22
On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 9:16:41 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> Is root for the Packers and Falcons. And we have to at least split these games with the commies coming up or the Giants could easily drop to last place. Then instead of hoping for playoffs we may just be rooting for a 9-8 winning season. Our division and NFC record is already working against us.

Yes, the home game next Sunday against the Washington whatever they want to call themselves is a must win for playoff contention. Other than head to head, the Giants lose all tiebreakers on their NFC record; all their losses are to NFC teams while being 4-0 with one game left against the AFC.

*ernie

Nov 27, 2022, 12:28:22 PM11/27/22
This is what I had warned about a few weeks ago when Washington
finally started winning. This division is as even as any other in
football; some teams just got off to better starts than others. On the
flip side, I don't think the Eagles are as good as their record to
date. I think I'll keep the channel on 'Red Zone' and hope for the
best.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Nov 27, 2022, 4:53:49 PM11/27/22
On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 9:16:41 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> Is root for the Packers and Falcons. And we have to at least split these games with the commies coming up or the Giants could easily drop to last place. Then instead of hoping for playoffs we may just be rooting for a 9-8 winning season. Our division and NFC record is already working against us.

Damn, the Falcons blew their chance to win, or at least to take the lead in the last minute with a chance to win.

Slipperman

Nov 27, 2022, 8:06:34 PM11/27/22
a couple weeks ago when there were still 8 games left, it hit me that all the Giants had to do was split those 8 and they would have 11 wins and probably a playoff spot. now with 2 losses already, they have to go 4-2 the rest of the way to make 11 but i don't see it. 2 losses - Eagles, 1-1 Commodores (3 losses), loss to Minn (4 losses) for 9-8. that's if they're lucky and don't choke against the Commanders or the Colts.

jeffg...@webtv.net

Nov 28, 2022, 12:02:55 PM11/28/22
On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 9:16:41 AM UTC-5, iommiRULES wrote:
> Is root for the Packers and Falcons. And we have to at least split these games with the commies coming up or the Giants could easily drop to last place. Then instead of hoping for playoffs we may just be rooting for a 9-8 winning season. Our division and NFC record is already working against us.

You left out rooting for the Raiders to beat the Seahawks. We lose all tie breakers to the Seahawks because of head to head play. So that is the only one that came out right for us.1

iommiRULES

Nov 28, 2022, 2:12:18 PM11/28/22
Well, the Giants certainly gave Dallas a better game than Minnesota gave them in Minnesota, with a depleted secondary. I don't think Philly is unbeatable, or anyone else. And if Philly has nothing to gain last day they may be resting their starters also. Gun to my head i say they finish 10-7, and all of us would have signed off on that in a heartbeat in preseason.