What team in the AFC #ast do your fans hate the most?

Kevin

May 18, 2002, 2:34:50 AM5/18/02
I'm curious as to for each team in the AFC East, who do their fans
overall currently consider their most hated rival?

I'm not talking about personal preference here, but rather who you
estimate that your team's fans hate the most?

For example, I'm a Dolphins fan. I'd guess that the Jets are the team
most hated by Dolphins fans currently. They may or may not be my
least favorite team, and the Bills did enjoy a run in the early to mid
90's. However, my best estimate is that the Jets are the most hated
team by Dolphins fans.

And your fans?

~ Kevin

The Philster

May 18, 2002, 3:37:12 AM5/18/02
For the Bills fans, we still hate the Fish most of all.
--
The Philster
"Kevin" <Occasio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rich K-

May 18, 2002, 8:46:29 AM5/18/02
I think Jet fans complain more about the Jets than any other team in the
AFC.
"The Philster" <theph...@thephilster.com> wrote in message

Peachhead

May 18, 2002, 9:03:42 AM5/18/02
I'm a Pats fan. Even though Miami is usually our most dangerous rival, every
Pats fan I know hates the Jets far more than any other team in the division.

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 8:00:26 AM5/18/02
I'm a Jets fan and my most hated team USED to be the Dolphins, but as I
posted in your group after the 8th consecutive victory, I no longer
consider you guys a rival. It's hard for me to hate original AFL teams
so that lets the Pity Pats and the Bills off the hook. I don't care
about the NFC so that absolves the 'ants from hatred. This leaves me
with the obvious choice: The Scotland Claymores. They have the worst
weather of any NFL affiliated team. Of course the Pity Pats fans are
TRYING to be hated. They keep hurling slings and arrows into the Jets
group. But these are largely met with a smirk or a derisive comment.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
WWPPD?

Kenny

May 18, 2002, 9:20:22 AM5/18/02
That's curious. The Pats and the Jets have never really "fought it out" for
anything of significance. One team or the other usually stunk. Jet fans,
for the most part, could care less about the Pats or Bills. 90 percent
reserve their hatred for the Fish. Newsgroups notwithstanding. Go to a
game. See who the REAL fans really hate. Its always Miami. The Pats and
Bills rank wayyyyy down there on the hatred scale. Even below Oakland and
the Giants.

"Peachhead" <Peac...@MUNGEsnet.net> wrote in message

Harlan Lachman

May 18, 2002, 9:54:07 AM5/18/02
Rich, funny but I think most Jet fans fear SOJ more than hate their team.

I think most Jet fans hate the fish, although ancient fans whose muscles
creak and remember rooting for players named Taliferro and Wood, probably
hate Oakland more. You'd a probably had to be there to get it although the
key words Heidi, Warren Wells, Ben Davidson, might help.

Harlan

In article <F2sF8.4081$6K6.14...@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>, "Rich
K-" <rico...@prodigy.net> wrote:

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

Marc

May 18, 2002, 9:55:27 AM5/18/02
> "Kevin" <Occasio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'd guess that the Jets are the team
> > most hated by Dolphins fans currently.

"The Philster" <theph...@thephilster.com> wrote in message news:<ac50c...@enews4.newsguy.com>...

> For the Bills fans, we still hate the Fish most of all.

Hmm ...

Dolphins fans hate the Jets ...
Bills fans hate the Dolphins ...

Does this trend possibly have something to do with the fact that
getting your butt waxed a certain number of times in a row starts to
breed resentment?

- Marc

StuGotts

May 18, 2002, 10:26:52 AM5/18/02

"Marc" <corner...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Hmm ...
>
> Dolphins fans hate the Jets ...
> Bills fans hate the Dolphins ...
>
> Does this trend possibly have something to do with the fact that
> getting your butt waxed a certain number of times in a row starts to
> breed resentment?
>
> - Marc

I doubt it. Even when the Bills had Kelly at the top of his game, there was
at least a grudging respect for them in Miami. Not so with the Jets.

And no matter how bad the Bills fans ever were... nobody can top the
pitiful stupidity and obnoxious attitude of most Jets fans.

The Jets... and their fans... have no class.

Stu

bilfish

May 18, 2002, 10:42:26 AM5/18/02
here's my top 5 list {all league}
#1) Miami {going to play the Beatles album when we go for the ninth in a row
#9,#9,,,,#9 !!}
#2) patsies * {an asterisk cause that was a fumble}
#3)giants {can't stand them}
#4)rams {them either...too cocky..but good}
#5)cowboys{ ever since that Americas team BS }

--
bilfish
"Kenny" <kenn...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

Glenn Greenstein

May 18, 2002, 10:53:50 AM5/18/02
I'd say most Jets Fans HATE the fins ( Mud Bowl ) followed by Oakland (
Hedi ) . The Bills and Giants pose a geographical rivalry but I'd say they
pale in comparison to the other two teams. Personally I'm more jealous of
the Giants than I hate them. The Pats seem to think we hate them but it's
really not much more than taking BP from them and then CM that sent them
into a continual downward spiral until BB came along who they took from us
so I'd say every thing is even, therefore no rivalry other than for a
division win.

eÜphemism

May 18, 2002, 9:59:27 AM5/18/02
Jeff Fulmer wrote:

> I'm a Jets fan and my most hated team USED to be the Dolphins, but as I
> posted in your group after the 8th consecutive victory, I no longer
> consider you guys a rival.

That is the most vicious thing I have ever heard.

> It's hard for me to hate original AFL teams
> so that lets the Pity Pats and the Bills off the hook. I don't care
> about the NFC so that absolves the 'ants from hatred. This leaves me
> with the obvious choice: The Scotland Claymores. They have the worst
> weather of any NFL affiliated team. Of course the Pity Pats fans are
> TRYING to be hated. They keep hurling slings and arrows into the Jets
> group. But these are largely met with a smirk or a derisive comment.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

I hope that the Jets get beaten so badly by every team they play this season
that it will provide you with an impossible choice when this topic hits the
NG again next year.

slkcpa3

May 18, 2002, 11:05:06 AM5/18/02
Yes, it's the Jet's, and Peachhead is right Miami has been and is our most
dangerous rival. Our problem with the home of Superman and Batman dates back
to the Revolution and their vile Torrie ways. New England has had no use for
them since then. One more thing - a Yankee is a New Englander not a F&#$
baseball player (Not that name stealing bothers us - no not at all -
bastards). Anything else you Comic Hero's want from New Englander's .......
Eastern Long Island, Parcells, C. Martin, Clemons, Boggs, ...... don't ask
just take and take. Next you'll want to gobble up Vermont. Well we'll fight
..... not very hard ....... in fact ........ well ...... okay you can have
Vermont.

SLKCPA

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 10:04:07 AM5/18/02
Factors in deciding which team in the AFC East to hate:

1. Best city: New York, NY
2. Worst city: Buffalo, NY
3. Best team: Pity Pats [applies this year]
4. Worst team: Buffalo Bills [only ringless team in AFC East]
5. Best Uniforms: New York Jets
6. Worst Uniforms: Miami Dolphins
7. Best weather: Miami, FL
8. Worst weather: Buffalo, NY
9. Furtherest from Canada: Miami, FL
10. Closest to Canada: Buffalo, NY
11. Best Newspaper: New York Times
12. Worst Newspaper: The Buffalo News
13. Closest to the coast: New York, Boston, Miami
14. Furtherest from the coast: Buffalo, NY

According to this itemization, Buffalo should be my most hated team. We
should have kept the Colts and ditched the Buff Boys in reallignment.
That way the AFC East would be known as the Lord of the Rings Division,
the only division in football with four NFL Champions.

But Buffalo plays in Buffalo and nobody really cares about them. So I'll
stick to my original pick: The Scottish Claymores.

--
WWPPD?

The Philster

May 18, 2002, 10:52:04 AM5/18/02

"StuGotts" <ishkab...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Something that we Bills fans and you Fish fans can agree on.
--
The Philster

StuGotts

May 18, 2002, 11:45:43 AM5/18/02

"The Philster" <theph...@thephilster.com> wrote in message

> > I doubt it. Even when the Bills had Kelly at the top of his game,
> > there was at least a grudging respect for them in Miami. Not so
> > with the Jets.
> >
> > And no matter how bad the Bills fans ever were... nobody can
> > top the pitiful stupidity and obnoxious attitude of most Jets fans.
> >
> > The Jets... and their fans... have no class.
> >

> Something that we Bills fans and you Fish fans can agree on.
> --
> The Philster

That... and probably also the fact that Jim Kelly is the best QB ever to
have come from the Universty of Miami. <g>

Stu

Roper

May 18, 2002, 11:44:25 AM5/18/02
Squish the fish. And StuGotts.

Chris

May 18, 2002, 12:05:05 PM5/18/02
As a Bills fan, most definately the Fins.

Chris

Occasio...@yahoo.com (Kevin) wrote in

slats

May 18, 2002, 1:59:43 PM5/18/02
On Sat, 18 May 2002 15:05:06 GMT, "slkcpa3" <slk...@coxnosqan.net>
wrote:

>Yes, it's the Jet's, and Peachhead is right Miami has been and is our most
>dangerous rival. Our problem with the home of Superman and Batman dates back
>to the Revolution and their vile Torrie ways. New England has had no use for
>them since then. One more thing - a Yankee is a New Englander not a F&#$
>baseball player (Not that name stealing bothers us - no not at all -
>bastards). Anything else you Comic Hero's want from New Englander's .......
>Eastern Long Island, Parcells, C. Martin, Clemons, Boggs, ...... don't ask
>just take and take. Next you'll want to gobble up Vermont. Well we'll fight
>..... not very hard ....... in fact ........ well ...... okay you can have
>Vermont.

that's a funny post!

sadly, i don't care about the pats, even after they managed to win the
superbowl. it was fun having you all mad at us over parcells, but that
got thin long before last year. they actually have my respect.
belichick did a great job.

i hated the jim kelly bills, the drew bledsoe bills? it remains to be
seen.

<sarcasm on> i like the fish second most of all teams. their fans are
witty and bright, and nobody wins more wild card games than they do.
ricky williams is a stud-muffin. <sarcasm off>

i'm just glad those colts are gone. those jet-colt games were some of
the ugliest things i've ever seen. good riddance.

-slats

*sit on a potato pan, otis.* :Ž

slats

May 18, 2002, 2:11:10 PM5/18/02
On Sat, 18 May 2002 10:04:07 -0400, Jeff Fulmer <je...@haha.com> wrote:

>6. Worst Uniforms: Miami Dolphins

maybe my blind <sic> love for the fish is getting in the way here,
but, imho, the pats uni's are easily far and away the ugliest in the
division if not in all of football.

that would include nfl europe, and the defunct xfl.

Glenn Greenstein

May 18, 2002, 2:12:57 PM5/18/02
LOL, very funny stuff there
"slkcpa3" <slk...@coxnosqan.net> wrote in message

rt

May 18, 2002, 2:15:28 PM5/18/02
I tried to squish stugotts once. It hurt.

rt

"Roper" <Je...@Superbowl.com> wrote in message

Greg Zook

May 18, 2002, 2:26:36 PM5/18/02
"Peachhead" <Peac...@MUNGEsnet.net> wrote in message news:<OisF8.18684$nu3.135...@newssvr10.news.prodigy.com>...
> I'm a Pats fan. Even though Miami is usually our most dangerous rival, every
> Pats fan I know hates the Jets far more than any other team in the division.

This Pats fan hates the Jets. I don't have too much opinion on Miami
or Bills. I rooted for the Dolphins and Bills in all those SuperBowl
losses. Next I hate the Cowboys (America's team my tailbone), any
california team, then the Broncos.

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 1:21:04 PM5/18/02
Yeah, as a Jet fan I can tell you squishing fish is much easier...

--
WWPPD?

rt

May 18, 2002, 2:14:49 PM5/18/02

"slats" <sl...@optonline.net> wrote in message

My man, I can't tell whether you have become bitter and mean-sprited, or
have just decided to be tedious and take up space.

rt

rt

May 18, 2002, 2:10:52 PM5/18/02

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Jeff Fulmer wrote:
>
> > I'm a Jets fan and my most hated team USED to be the Dolphins, but as I
> > posted in your group after the 8th consecutive victory, I no longer
> > consider you guys a rival.
>
> That is the most vicious thing I have ever heard.

...and most absurd, Boob's posts notwithstanding.

How could a team that finishes below us in the standings over 90% of their
existence not consider us a rival, unless they concede we are in a league
above them.

Did you know Jeff's nick in the Jets ng is "headache"? Interesting...

rt

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 1:37:42 PM5/18/02
The fish have feminine colors and a dolphin who's attempting to wear an
ill-fitting helmet. The Pity Pats have a logo that is neuvo-bizarro but
at least their colors don't clash with, well... everything. I stand by
my assessment.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
WWPPD?

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 1:43:00 PM5/18/02
rt wrote:

> "eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Jeff Fulmer wrote:
> >
> > > I'm a Jets fan and my most hated team USED to be the Dolphins, but as I
> > > posted in your group after the 8th consecutive victory, I no longer
> > > consider you guys a rival.
> >
> > That is the most vicious thing I have ever heard.
>

> Did you know Jeff's nick in the Jets ng is "headache"? Interesting...
>
> rt

To offer perspective, that nickname was "bestowed" by SARI. I'll let
you draw your own conclusions.

--
WWPPD?

buster55

May 18, 2002, 3:42:31 PM5/18/02

"Jeff Fulmer" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message

> Factors in deciding which team in the AFC East to hate:
>
> 1. Best city: New York, NY

Why?

> 2. Worst city: Buffalo, NY

Why? I like Buffalo better than NY.

> 3. Best team: Pity Pats [applies this year]
> 4. Worst team: Buffalo Bills [only ringless team in AFC East]

Jets. Worst record over the last 30 years. 1 championship when it wasn't
even really considered a championship. The Bills 4 trips seems to weigh the
scales in their favor.

> 5. Best Uniforms: New York Jets

Pats red, white and blue were the best, but currently the Jets are the best

> 6. Worst Uniforms: Miami Dolphins
> 7. Best weather: Miami, FL
> 8. Worst weather: Buffalo, NY
> 9. Furtherest from Canada: Miami, FL
> 10. Closest to Canada: Buffalo, NY
> 11. Best Newspaper: New York Times

Globe's sunday sports section kicks ass over the Times

buster55

May 18, 2002, 3:45:08 PM5/18/02
The Jets fans remind me of one of the fans of some big 10 school like Iowa
or Northwestern. They know their season will never result in a
championship, so they base their whole season on the success of one game
against a rival. That's why Jets fans would rather sweep the Fins and miss
the playoffs.

--
"Youguys wanted the rivalry. You guys wanted the history. You got it now"
PJ Stock

"You're going down next!"
Michel Therien to Brian Rolston
"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 2:52:37 PM5/18/02
buster55 wrote:

> "Jeff Fulmer" <je...@haha.com> wrote:
> > Factors in deciding which team in the AFC East to hate:
> >
> > 1. Best city: New York, NY
>
> Why?
It is the financial, cultural, culinary, artistic, etc, capitol of the
world. It is world class city better compared with London or Tokyo than
Buffalo.

> > 2. Worst city: Buffalo, NY
> Why? I like Buffalo better than NY.

see above.

> > 3. Best team: Pity Pats [applies this year]
> > 4. Worst team: Buffalo Bills [only ringless team in AFC East]
> Jets. Worst record over the last 30 years. 1 championship when it wasn't
> even really considered a championship. The Bills 4 trips seems to weigh the
> scales in their favor.

Ask the Pats fans if they would have rather lost two more times than win
the one they did.

> > 5. Best Uniforms: New York Jets
> Pats red, white and blue were the best, but currently the Jets are the best
> > 6. Worst Uniforms: Miami Dolphins

I noticed you didn't disagree with this...

> > 7. Best weather: Miami, FL
> > 8. Worst weather: Buffalo, NY
> > 9. Furtherest from Canada: Miami, FL
> > 10. Closest to Canada: Buffalo, NY
> > 11. Best Newspaper: New York Times
> Globe's sunday sports section kicks ass over the Times

I like the Times coverage. If you aren't getting the New York metro
edition, your coverage is more concise.

> > 12. Worst Newspaper: The Buffalo News
> > 13. Closest to the coast: New York, Boston, Miami
> > 14. Furtherest from the coast: Buffalo, NY

--
WWPPD?

Stv-Doe

May 18, 2002, 5:23:18 PM5/18/02
As a Jet fan since the Titan days, for the longest time the only team I
truly hated was the Raiders. (Oldsters know why, youngsters needn't bother.)

Then the Cowboys joined their rank of hated teams due to the oft mentioned
"America's Team" baloney.

Meanwhile, I always liked the Dolphins during the Jets lean years. (I know,
I know.) Mostly out of respect for Don Shula whom I felt for the longest
time was the best coach in football. (It seemed to me that he always managed
to get the most out of his roster.)

Then came the internet. For me, it came about 8 years ago. And with its
arrival, came greater interaction with the fans of rival teams.

That changed everything.

My like or dislike for a team became, to a great extent, fan based. It was
no longer "I hate team X", but "What a large group of assholes root for team
X". (Not all of their fans mind you. But a seeming preponderance of them.)

Which brings me to the answer.

Who do I hate in the AFC EAST? (My answer being largely fan based.)

It HAS to be the Miami Dolphins. The sense of smug satisfaction I've
watched their fans exhibit over these 8 internet years never ceases to amaze
me. They haven't won a Superbowl since 3 years after the Jets did, yet
portray their team as the "winningest" in football.

What a tremendous load of crap.

To top that off, they hired that abysmal game day coach Jimmy Johnson and
trumpeted it as a sure Superbowl ticket. "Ha Ha." (Let it be known that I
never use that expression except under the most deserving of circumstances.)

Sure, the NE fans got pretty contentious during the Parcells/Martin
brouhahas. But they never really irritated me like those "Finatics".

And as far as I've been able to ascertain, Buff (and previously Indy) don't
have many fans to speak of. And fewer fans worth speaking to.

So, what team do I hate?

None really. (Save the Yankees.)

But what team do I love to see lose?

The Miami Dolphins.

Because every time they do, I get to see and hear their mostly obnoxious
fans suffer.

And nothin' is sweeter than that.

Steve

Bobby Galvez

May 18, 2002, 5:28:52 PM5/18/02
buster55 wrote:

> > 4. Worst team: Buffalo Bills [only ringless team in AFC East]
> Jets. Worst record over the last 30 years. 1 championship when it wasn't
> even really considered a championship.

WHAT!!!!!!!!

You haven't got a clue.

I'm a Miami fan, but when Namath's Jets won the Super Bowl it was what sealed
the need for the merged league. It was the single event that gave the AFL it's
long-denied credibility as the prospective equal of the established NFL. That
win is one of the great championships of all time. It's a landmark event in the
history of the pro game.

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 4:36:05 PM5/18/02

If I remember correctly, you are a Miami Dolphins fan. In light of this
prop, I'll make sure I say at least one good thing about the fish in the
next month. (Through clenched teeth, of course :)

--
WWPPD?

buster55

May 18, 2002, 6:03:14 PM5/18/02

> buster55 wrote:
> >
> > "Jeff Fulmer" <je...@haha.com> wrote:
> > > Factors in deciding which team in the AFC East to hate:
> > >
> > > 1. Best city: New York, NY
> >
> > Why?
> It is the financial

so?
cultural,

arguable
culinary,

SF and New Orleans are both superior
artistic,
Nope, Paris

etc, capitol of the
> world. It is world class city better compared with London or Tokyo than
> Buffalo.

Yeah it's great unless you wanna go in your backyard and play wiffleball,
get a bunch of neighborhood kids to play street hockey, send your kid to
public school, own a dog, own a car, pay rent or mortgage, take a nice
summer's evening drive, go to the beach, hang out with your neighbors at a
cookout etc. I've been to NYC many times. I'm happy every time I leave.

buster55

May 18, 2002, 6:04:29 PM5/18/02
It was a very important game because it gave the AFL credibility and forced
the merger. It was also 30+ years ago and it was a game in which the
opponents felt it was a meaningless exhibition, as they'd already won the
championship that they felt was important.

--
"Youguys wanted the rivalry. You guys wanted the history. You got it now"
PJ Stock

"You're going down next!"
Michel Therien to Brian Rolston

"Bobby Galvez" <cnel...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

slats

May 18, 2002, 6:05:16 PM5/18/02
On Sat, 18 May 2002 21:23:18 GMT, "Stv-Doe" <Stv...@nyc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Who do I hate in the AFC EAST? (My answer being largely fan based.)
>
>It HAS to be the Miami Dolphins. The sense of smug satisfaction I've
>watched their fans exhibit over these 8 internet years never ceases to amaze
>me. They haven't won a Superbowl since 3 years after the Jets did, yet
>portray their team as the "winningest" in football.
>
>What a tremendous load of crap.

never before have i seen a nail hit so squarely upon the head.

bravo steve!

-slats

*sit on a potato pan, otis.* :Ž

eÜphemism

May 18, 2002, 5:57:48 PM5/18/02
Jeff Fulmer wrote:

> The fish have feminine colors and a dolphin who's attempting to wear an
> ill-fitting helmet. The Pity Pats have a logo that is neuvo-bizarro but
> at least their colors don't clash with, well... everything. I stand by
> my assessment.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

Since you're so color sensitive, perhaps you'd be so kind as to inform us
what shade of green it is that the Jets wear? Does it even have a name?

The Philster

May 18, 2002, 6:39:30 PM5/18/02
And Dan Marino was at least one of the best QBs ever to come out of Pitt. I
only say one of the best because our own AVP broke all his career records at
Pitt. But based on what he did in the NFL, Marino would be the tops by a
mile. It's going to be fun July 21st when Kelly leads the ex-Bills over
Marino and the ex-Fish.
--
The Philster

"StuGotts" <ishkab...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The Philster

May 18, 2002, 6:42:18 PM5/18/02

"slats" <sl...@optonline.net> wrote in message

No kidding. I remember back in 1994 when the Bills were hosting the
Dolphins. I was stationed in the UK with the US Air force at the time and,
instead of airing that matchup, AFN had the gall to air the Colts-Jets game.
I've never seen more combined fumbles, interceptions, penalties, and overall
poor play in one game before.....by both teams.
--
The Philster

Bobby Galvez

May 18, 2002, 7:09:31 PM5/18/02
Jeff Fulmer wrote:

> Bobby Galvez wrote:

> > > Jets. Worst record over the last 30 years. 1 championship when it wasn't
> > > even really considered a championship.
> >
> > WHAT!!!!!!!!
> >
> > You haven't got a clue.
> >
> > I'm a Miami fan, but when Namath's Jets won the Super Bowl it was what sealed
> > the need for the merged league. It was the single event that gave the AFL it's
> > long-denied credibility as the prospective equal of the established NFL. That
> > win is one of the great championships of all time. It's a landmark event in the
> > history of the pro game.
> >
> > Cheers!!!
> >
> > BobbyG
>
> If I remember correctly, you are a Miami Dolphins fan.

Great memory ..... Look at the first four words of my post ...... ;-)

> In light of this
> prop, I'll make sure I say at least one good thing about the fish in the
> next month. (Through clenched teeth, of course :)

Whatever floats your boat ...... if you say it, I'll believe it.

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Bobby Galvez

May 18, 2002, 7:15:42 PM5/18/02
buster55 wrote:

> It was a very important game because it gave the AFL credibility and forced
> the merger. It was also 30+ years ago and it was a game in which the
> opponents felt it was a meaningless exhibition, as they'd already won the
> championship that they felt was important.

Yeah.

Right.

The guys from the NFL approached it like a meaningless exhibition, the same way
they approached the old College All Stars game. Except this meaningless
exhibition paid $ 25,000 to each player on the winning team, at a time when that
was a season's pay for a lot of them.

It was meaningless enough to be called the Super Bowl. It came about because the
old guard of the NFL finally realized that the AFL wasn't going to shrivel up
and die, so if they wanted to bury it they'd have to grab shovels and push the
still scrapping bodies in ..... it didn't happen and pro football got redefined.

Again, you don't have a clue.

Are you even 30 years old yet?

Cheers!!!

BobbyG

Stv-Doe

May 18, 2002, 8:42:25 PM5/18/02

"Bobby Galvez" <cnel...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

Not only that, but it changed the NFL into the game we follow today.

The "brand" of football played in the current NFL is the brand played in the
old AFL.

When the leagues merged, it was the AFL style that took over the game.

Steve

Stv-Doe

May 18, 2002, 8:49:00 PM5/18/02

"buster55" <bust...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> It was a very important game because it gave the AFL credibility and
forced
> the merger. It was also 30+ years ago and it was a game in which the
> opponents felt it was a meaningless exhibition, as they'd already won the
> championship that they felt was important.

You just make up shit as you go along, huh?

The Jets wanted this game to prove that their league was the equal, if not
the better league.

The Colts wanted this game desperately, to avoid the embarassment of losing
to what many considered an "inferior" league.

Both teams wanted this game, and they wanted it BAD.

I've seen some pretty clueless remarks in my many years of internet posting,
but this one ranks right up there with the lamest:

"it was a game ... which the opponents felt ... was a meaningless
exhibition"

Steve

Jeff Fulmer

May 18, 2002, 8:27:35 PM5/18/02
I sense a loaded question, but....

With the return to the classic uniforms they switched from kelly green
to hunter green. (The Jets brass might call it something else, but I
matched it once and won a wager... :)

--
WWPPD?

buster55

May 19, 2002, 10:55:10 AM5/19/02

"Stv-Doe" <Stv...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

I'm just going by what the Colts themselves have said. if you think it's
lame, tell them.

Richard

May 19, 2002, 11:29:55 AM5/19/02

The fish have feminine colors and a dolphin who's attempting to wear an
ill-fitting helmet. The Pity Pats have a logo that is neuvo-bizarro but
at least their colors don't clash with, well... everything. I stand by
my assessment.

Cheers,
Jeff
________________________

Anyone who would use a phrase like
"neuvo-bizarro" is a faggot.....

Prolly a Jets fan.......

Terry Gowan

May 19, 2002, 11:54:34 AM5/19/02
rt wrote:

> Did you know Jeff's nick in the Jets ng is "headache"? Interesting...
>
> rt

To offer perspective, that nickname was "bestowed" by SARI. I'll let
you draw your own conclusions.

As in:

"Not now Scottie, I've got a headache."

Nice.

Terry Gowan

Stv-Doe

May 19, 2002, 12:00:23 PM5/19/02

"Richard" <doggiestyle@thepound> wrote in message

Anyone who uses the term "faggot" is probably an ignorant dolt. And that
would apply regardless of where his football allegiances lie.

Steve

Terry Gowan

May 19, 2002, 12:04:28 PM5/19/02
"Kevin" <Occasio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm curious as to for each team in the AFC East, who do their fans
> overall currently consider their most hated rival?
>
> I'm not talking about personal preference here, but rather who you
> estimate that your team's fans hate the most?
>
> For example, I'm a Dolphins fan. I'd guess that the Jets are the team
> most hated by Dolphins fans currently. They may or may not be my
> least favorite team, and the Bills did enjoy a run in the early to mid
> 90's. However, my best estimate is that the Jets are the most hated
> team by Dolphins fans.

As a 30 some year Dolphin fan, I can honestly say that the hatred for one
team over another changes with time. It's always linked to play on the
field. In the 70's Miami fans LOVED Buffalo. Not so in the 90's. Back in
the Bert Jones/Lydell Mitchell days the Colts were on the shit list. (I
know they're gone from the division, so Boob can just save his stupid little
stats to prove otherwise.) Now folks might think that Dolphins fans hate
the Jets most, but I can't say that's true for me. Finishing ahead of them
year after year makes it easier to take the current losing streak. When
Miami beats them, and finishes the season ahead of them, the streak will be
nothing more than a statistical footnote. Now if you're talking about FANS,
there you have another matter entirely. As a general rule, I wouldn't piss
on a Jets fan if he were on fire, but there are one or two exceptions.
Tutor, User, you guys I would gladly piss on if you were ablaze! ;-)

Terry Gowan

Terry Gowan

May 19, 2002, 12:14:43 PM5/19/02
"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@optonlinenospam.net> wrote in message

> The Pats seem to think we hate them but it's
> really not much more than taking BP from them and then CM that sent them
> into a continual downward spiral until BB came along who they took from us
> so I'd say every thing is even, therefore no rivalry other than for a
> division win.

Jets stole the Pats coach and RB, which brought them nothing in terms of
championships. Pats stole the Jets coach and won a Super Bowl. Only in New
York can that be considered "EVEN."

You, Sir, are definitely in the "no-piss" line.

Terry Gowan

Terry Gowan

May 19, 2002, 12:21:43 PM5/19/02

> It HAS to be the Miami Dolphins. The sense of smug satisfaction I've
> watched their fans exhibit over these 8 internet years never ceases to
amaze
> me. They haven't won a Superbowl since 3 years after the Jets did, yet
> portray their team as the "winningest" in football.
>
> What a tremendous load of crap.

Ask yourself a question, SD. Which came first, the "we're the winningest
team in football" comment or the comment from one of your a-hole bretheren
telling Dolphans how crappy their team is? If you want a pissing match
you'll hear about the NFL elite in terms of wins over the years. You want
to be objective you'll hear about some of the reasons why the Dolphins
falter in December. Both are true. It's YOUR attitude that brings out
either of these attitudes in us.

Terry Gowan

Shaun

May 19, 2002, 2:11:45 PM5/19/02

Kinda like JJ's three year plan eh Gowen? How did that work out anyway
?

Don't confuse me with facts...
My mind is made up. ;-)

Shaun

May 19, 2002, 2:13:41 PM5/19/02
On Sun, 19 May 2002 16:04:28 GMT, "Terry Gowan"
<tgow...@earthlink.net> wrote:
As a general rule, I wouldn't piss
>on a Jets fan if he were on fire, but there are one or two exceptions.
>Tutor, User, you guys I would gladly piss on if you were ablaze! ;-)

You would probably need to squat in the case Terry..

Jeff Fulmer

May 19, 2002, 2:28:44 PM5/19/02
Richard graced us with this "wisdom" when he wrote:
> ________________________
>
> Anyone who would use a phrase like
> "neuvo-bizarro" is a faggot.....
>
> Prolly a Jets fan.......

Jet fan yes; homosexual no.

Your concern for where I put my penis is unnecessary. It's regularly
inserted in pre-approved locations. Run along now, there's the
placement of at least 139,999,999 other penises for you to worry about.
I imagine that will keep you busy...

--
WWPPD?

buster55

May 19, 2002, 3:36:39 PM5/19/02

"SAR I" <nos...@mail.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> "Faggot"? LOL. You must be from Buffalo, right?
>
> News flash: Cow-tipping isn't as fun as you think it is.
>
> SAR I

It certainly can't compete with good old-fashioned NYC wilding.

buster55

May 19, 2002, 3:41:21 PM5/19/02

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@optonlinenospam.net> wrote in message
> The Pats seem to think we hate them but it's

No, we don't think you hate us, you just have a bad case of Lombardi Trophy
envy.

> really not much more than taking BP from them and then CM that sent them
> into a continual downward spiral

Downward spiral? We went to just as many playoffs with Carroll as you did
with Parcells, Groh and Edwards combined.

until BB came along who they took from us
> so I'd say every thing is even, therefore no rivalry other than for a
> division win.

Even? How 1 playoff win and another wild card exit equals 3 trips to the
playoffs, 2 division titles, an AFC championship and a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, I
have no idea.

Stv-Doe

May 19, 2002, 3:50:54 PM5/19/02

"Terry Gowan" <tgow...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Terry,

I'm sorry. Let me understand your argument here.

Some idiot makes a bogus claim. This entitles you to make a bogus claim in
retaliation.

UH, guess what.

That makes you both idiots.

Steve

BTW I'm in no way endorsing your chicken/egg argument. I've no idea as to
the legitimacy of your claim that you're merely retaliating. But even if it
is as you claim, see above.

GalaxyMerchandise.com

May 19, 2002, 4:08:26 PM5/19/02
The Fish are easily the most hated team to any self respecting BILLS fan.
To the Fish fans out there, ask this question...who has the better QB now
the BILLS, or your Fish?
(Fiedler..the thought of that Bozo replacing Marino still makes me laugh)
Put THAT in your Fish pipe & smoke it!

http://www.galaxymerchandise.com/sports.htm

"The Philster" <theph...@thephilster.com> wrote in message

> For the Bills fans, we still hate the Fish most of all.
> --
> The Philster

> "Kevin" <Occasio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I'm curious as to for each team in the AFC East, who do their fans
> > overall currently consider their most hated rival?
> >
> > I'm not talking about personal preference here, but rather who you
> > estimate that your team's fans hate the most?
> >
> > For example, I'm a Dolphins fan. I'd guess that the Jets are the team
> > most hated by Dolphins fans currently. They may or may not be my
> > least favorite team, and the Bills did enjoy a run in the early to mid
> > 90's. However, my best estimate is that the Jets are the most hated
> > team by Dolphins fans.
> >

> > And your fans?
> >
> > ~ Kevin

The Philster

May 19, 2002, 5:53:29 PM5/19/02
Well, that one's a no-brainer. The Bills have the top QB in the AFC East,
hands down. Fiedler is a journeyman type....won't be a savior like Kelly or
Marino but won't kill you like Ryan Leaf. Brady has only played one season.
He could be pretty good or he could be a one-year wonder. Testeverde has
been inconsistent his whole career. While Fiedler is one type, Vinny is the
opposite. He can be a savior at times but can also destroy your chances of
winning.
--
The Philster
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote in message

Richard

May 19, 2002, 6:57:21 PM5/19/02

> > Anyone who would use a phrase like
> > "neuvo-bizarro" is a faggot.....
> >
> > Prolly a Jets fan.......
>
> Jet fan yes; homosexual no.

Jet fans are, by definition, homosexual.
You are a fanny pirate

buster55

May 19, 2002, 7:12:05 PM5/19/02

> Run along now, there's the
> placement of at least 139,999,999 other penises for you to worry about.
> I imagine that will keep you busy...

That seems to be a rough estimate of American penises. What about all the
foregin penises out there? There has to be a few hundred million chinese
penises to look after too.

buster55