OT - They Ain't Callin' Kaepernick

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 6, 2017, 8:21:39 AM6/6/17
Well, despite the rumors that the Seattle Seahawks might sign the infamous Colin Kaepernick, he has been passed over once again. The Seahawks needed a 4th QB to complete their camp roster, already having a stable of elite backups like Treyvon Boykins and Jake Heaps, and Kaepernick seemed like a good match for the offense built around Russell Wilson. Evidently the 'Hawks felt that Austin Davis was a better match.

Take a seat, Colin.

Dan the Man

Jun 6, 2017, 11:51:34 AM6/6/17
On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 8:21:39 AM UTC-4, euph...@mindspring.com wrote:
> Well, despite the rumors that the Seattle Seahawks might sign the infamous Colin Kaepernick, he has been passed over once again. The Seahawks needed a 4th QB to complete their camp roster, already having a stable of elite backups like Treyvon Boykins and Jake Heaps, and Kaepernick seemed like a good match for the offense built around Russell Wilson. Evidently the 'Hawks felt that Austin Davis was a better match.
>
> Take a seat, Colin.

Maybe he can find a gig in the CFL. He's P-R poison in this country.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 6, 2017, 2:01:12 PM6/6/17
Now that Seattle has not signed Kaepernick, a columnist named Shaun King has now declared his own personal NFL boycott for 2017. He has declared that the selection of Austin Davis is proof of racism.

"It's racism. It's bigotry. It's discrimination. Period."

No Shaun... it's called "politics." It's called "avoiding controversy."

It's not racism.... it's not bigotry.

BAH

Jun 6, 2017, 6:49:41 PM6/6/17
No, there's a far more practical reason.

When a player is evaluated by a team, there are 2 questions that have
to be answered: 1. Can he help the team, and 2. What is it gonna cost
us?

He opted out of a very lucrative contract with SF - think he did that
to sign as a 3rd-string QB for $1M-$2M a year? I think not.

The news from Suckadick this morning was that money had nothing to do
with it. That's athlete-speak for "It was all about the money."

Shaun King is a typical idiot sports "authority" who keeps flying the
"Suckadick is a very good QB, and anyone who doesn't sign him is a
racist." He seems to forget that Suckadick is so bad that he lost the
starting job to Blaine Gabbert last year, and only got put back in
after the season was a loss.

J Lunis

Jun 6, 2017, 8:21:59 PM6/6/17
Exactly. Cosby on a much smaller scale. Controversy is radioactive

Tim Miller

Jun 7, 2017, 1:45:09 AM6/7/17
On 06 Jun 2017, "euph...@mindspring.com" <euph...@mindspring.com>
posted some news:9119e55b-0c1b-496a...@googlegroups.com:

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 10:51:34 AM UTC-5, Dan the Man wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 8:21:39 AM UTC-4, euph...@mindspring.com
>> wrot
> e:
>> > Well, despite the rumors that the Seattle Seahawks might sign the
>> > infam
> ous Colin Kaepernick, he has been passed over once again. The
> Seahawks needed a 4th QB to complete their camp roster, already having
> a stable of elite backups like Treyvon Boykins and Jake Heaps, and
> Kaepernick seemed like a good match for the offense built around
> Russell Wilson. Evidently the 'Hawks felt that Austin Davis was a
> better match.
>> >
>> > Take a seat, Colin.
>>
>> Maybe he can find a gig in the CFL. He's P-R poison in this country.

Yeah, that advice he got from the 49er's UC Berkeley "mentor" certainly
ruined his life and career.

> Now that Seattle has not signed Kaepernick, a columnist named Shaun
> King has now declared his own personal NFL boycott for 2017. He has
> declared that the selection of Austin Davis is proof of racism.
>
> "It's racism. It's bigotry. It's discrimination. Period."
>
> No Shaun... it's called "politics." It's called "avoiding
> controversy."
>
> It's not racism.... it's not bigotry.

Shaun King made his career screaming racism at every opportunity.

K3

Jun 7, 2017, 3:40:02 AM6/7/17
In article <5vbejchoj96ungf2g...@4ax.com>
BAH <b...@bah.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 11:01:11 -0700 (PDT), "euph...@mindspring.com"
> <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >> Maybe he can find a gig in the CFL. He's P-R poison in this country.
> >

> >Now that Seattle has not signed Kaepernick, a columnist named Shaun King has now declared his own personal NFL boycott for 2017. He has declared that the selection of Austin Davis is proof of racism.
> >
> >"It's racism. It's bigotry. It's discrimination. Period."
> >
> >No Shaun... it's called "politics." It's called "avoiding controversy."
> >
> >It's not racism.... it's not bigotry.
>
> No, there's a far more practical reason.
>
> When a player is evaluated by a team, there are 2 questions that have
> to be answered: 1. Can he help the team, and 2. What is it gonna cost
> us?
>
> He opted out of a very lucrative contract with SF - think he did that
> to sign as a 3rd-string QB for $1M-$2M a year? I think not.

He believed his own press clippings.

> The news from Suckadick this morning was that money had nothing to do
> with it. That's athlete-speak for "It was all about the money."
>
> Shaun King is a typical idiot sports "authority" who keeps flying the
> "Suckadick is a very good QB, and anyone who doesn't sign him is a
> racist." He seems to forget that Suckadick is so bad that he lost the
> starting job to Blaine Gabbert last year, and only got put back in
> after the season was a loss.

Shaun King is a shit-stirring racist. Everything is always
about whitey holding the black man down.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 7, 2017, 8:59:03 AM6/7/17
Regardless of Seattle's actual possible reasons for NOT signing Kaepernick, it CANNOT be argued that one of them could have been racism.

Russell Wilson, the Seahawks starting QB, is not white. There are many players on the team that are not white. They didn't not sign Kaepernick because of his race.

Shaun King has to be the biggest idiot ever to base a cry of racism on the league-wide shunning of Kaepernick. It is obvious that Kaepernick is being passed over, and the obvious cause for this is the fact that NFL fans did not like his stunt of kneeling or sitting during the anthem. He's simply not a good enough QB to make teams ignore his PR negatives. Why bother?

Shaun is a moron and has overplayed the race card.

Dan the Man

Jun 7, 2017, 12:16:42 PM6/7/17
Shaun King IS a scream if it's the same guy I've seen on the interwebs. He's a white guy who "identifies" as black, whatever the hell that means! On a message board, he's often called Talcum X.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 7, 2017, 1:01:22 PM6/7/17
Talcum X?? That's a fantastic dig. +10

Stu Gotts

Jun 7, 2017, 6:51:56 PM6/7/17
On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 12:16:42 PM UTC-4, Dan the Man wrote:

> Shaun King IS a scream if it's the same guy I've seen on the interwebs. He's a white guy who "identifies" as black, whatever the hell that means! On a message board, he's often called Talcum X.

FWIW: Shaun King is mixed race - white mother and his father was a light-skinned black man.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jun 8, 2017, 1:08:11 PM6/8/17
The article I read contained the words of a man who believed his outrage was pure and true. He is going to boycott the NFL this season. He said.

Now let's see him do just that. He can still write about hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer... whatever.

My bet is that he watches just as much NFL this year as ever... that he needs to be able to work Kaepernick's ongoing struggle into every new development in the 2017 season. He now needs to reveal to us all of the racism that is taking place before our blind, white eyes.

Stu Gotts

Jun 8, 2017, 1:53:24 PM6/8/17
Like with the Ray Rice situation... both are talented players, but not talented enough that a team is willing to go through all the negativity that hiring them would engender.

Green is the color that matters in these situations, not black.

Peter Daniels

Jun 15, 2017, 6:11:46 PM6/15/17
In article <5ce5ac67-b0ac-42e4-aca7-
ab8604...@googlegroups.com>
That guy is a chumming troll, love that sock Talcum X. Shaun
King the columnist is just an ordinary black racist.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jul 18, 2017, 12:52:20 PM7/18/17
U P D A T E ! !

Adding to my growing list of comments about Colin Kaepernick: The funniest thing yet!

So, the Dog Killer, Michael Vick, who somehow managed to redeem himself enough to have a short 2nd career in the NFL, after being released from prison, has offered the Unemployable Colin Kaepernick some advice: Get a haircut.

This is funny on so many levels.

We have seen one media columnist after another decry the fact that no team has hired Colin as "proof" of racism, as proof that black lives don't matter. So what about Michael Vick?? He was hired as an ex-con... a man with a really bad reputation... a man who many hate to this day, thanks to his brutal killing of dogs. Michael is black. How did he manage to get several NFL jobs after being in prison? This is a question for all those columnists to answer... the columnists who contend that the NFL is a racist country club.

What the NFL is, guys, is a bunch of white billionaires who want their team to win. Yes, they may well be a bunch of white racists, but they are certainly a pragamatic bunch of racists, given how many black people they employ. The #1 thing that controls their decision making is not how black a player is but how much GREEN he can bring to the team.

I also find it amusing that one some level, even Michael Vick thinks that big billowing Afro that Colin prefers is a real turn off. Apparently even some black people think Colin looks scruffy.

Colin might consider taking Michael's advice, but I don't think his hair is the deal breaker. If owners though that Colin would be a winner for their team, he'd already have a job... even if he had killed dogs or drowned kittens.

Drumrboy

Jul 18, 2017, 4:16:02 PM7/18/17

mr....@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2017, 9:38:33 AM7/19/17
Hey! I had long hair in 1970. Good thing the US Army took me in and provided me with a free haircut.

Damn nice of em

euph...@mindspring.com

Jul 19, 2017, 11:37:00 AM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 8:38:33 AM UTC-5, mr....@gmail.com wrote:
> Hey! I had long hair in 1970. Good thing the US Army took me in and provided me with a free haircut.
>
> Damn nice of em

By any standards, Kaepernick's 'doo is a mess. I doo not think it's the reason he's still unemployed. He will likely find work in August when teams, like the Jets, begin to see what they've really got.

My reasons for posting the new comments are (1) It's funny and (2) Anyone who claims that the owners are put off by Kaepernick's protests and race should really be forced to explain how Vick found work in the NFL as a black ex-con. I mean come on... We all know that the NFL owners will overlook ANYTHING if they feel the talent is worth the controversy.

If OJ Simpson could still run, he'd get a look.

Stu Gotts

Jul 19, 2017, 6:33:05 PM7/19/17
On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 11:37:00 AM UTC-4, euph...@mindspring.com wrote:

<snip>
> I mean come on... We all know that the NFL owners will overlook ANYTHING if they feel the talent is worth the controversy.
>
> If OJ Simpson could still run, he'd get a look.

Yet Ray Rice can't even get a tryout.

J Lunis

Jul 20, 2017, 2:04:54 PM7/20/17
This has nothing to do with skin color and EVERYTHING to do with controversary. One knell-down and done = employed

Drumrboy

Jul 20, 2017, 3:22:43 PM7/20/17
Explain Kenny Stills.

euph...@mindspring.com

Jul 21, 2017, 9:35:50 AM7/21/17
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 2:22:43 PM UTC-5, Drumrboy wrote:
> Explain Kenny Stills.

Not much to explain, is there? Kenny had a career year last season and is not generally seen as the leader of the infamous Kneel Down Crew. He wasn't dumped by his team... in fact he has a great-big, brand new deal.

Are you suggesting that he should have been released or allowed to walk? Likely he would have immediately been snatched up. That's just more "proof" that it's about talent and results, not about race or politics.

Drumrboy

Jul 22, 2017, 7:41:28 AM7/22/17
I was referring to this. << One knell-down and done = employed >>

If one kneel down gets you unemployed, Kenny Stills would be a goner too. Unfortunately for Crapernick, his skill level does not warrant putting up with his bullshit.

J Lunis

Jul 22, 2017, 11:07:10 AM7/22/17
Yup, that's  One knell-down and done = employed >>  Not "unemployed." Maybe should have said "still employed"

euphemism

Jul 22, 2017, 3:12:45 PM7/22/17
On 7/22/2017 10:07 AM, J Lunis wrote:
> Yup, that's One knell-down and done = employed >> Not "unemployed." Maybe should have said "still employed"

All anyone has to do is look around to find players who have stepped in
dog shit and survived to play again. So, two who have not are Colin
Kaepernick and Ray Rice. Other examples?

Ray Rice was captured on video knocking out a woman. Pretty memorable
stuff, you know?

It's clearly NOT just about race... it's about being more talented than
the baggage you drag with you. Michael Vick was really talented.

I don't see any of the other players who participated in the kneel downs
as being anywhere near as controversial as the guy who apparently
invented the protest. Is there one other kneeler who is now apparently
unemployable?

Drumrboy

Jul 22, 2017, 7:40:21 PM7/22/17
<< Colin Kaepnerick had not too shabby of an outing in Miami Sunday, rushing for over 100 yards and throwing for 3 touchdowns. He needed two more yards to come out with a win. The Miami Dolphins defense needed a final stop to preserve the victory, and did so with nasty fashion.

A tag team of Ndamukong Suh and Kiko Alonso flattened the 49ers QB like a rag doll at the 2-yard line who was scrambling for the end zone in a last ditch effort. >>

Maybe Ross can get Crapenick and Kenny hooked up? Crapenick had a game Tanehill only dreams of....

L J Alibi

Jul 23, 2017, 8:10:22 AM7/23/17
Colin Kaepernick 300-Yard Passing Games http://www.footballdb.com/players/colin-kaepernick-kaepeco01/300-yard-passing-games

Ryan Tannehill 300-Yard Passing Games http://www.footballdb.com/players/ryan-tannehill-tannery01/300-yard-passing-games

I am not defending Tannehill however he is clearly heads and tails over Kaepernick. Tannehill isn't an elite QB but he is good enough for the fins to win and get them into the playoffs. As pointed out in another post the defense is the biggest question mark on the fins.

J Lunis

Jul 23, 2017, 5:11:56 PM7/23/17
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 7:40:21 PM UTC-4, Drumrboy wrote:

> Crapenick had a game Tanehill only dreams of....

For reference, here are the stats

Keap 29 of 46, 296 yds, 3 TDs, 1 pick, 94 rating
RTan 20 of 30, 285 yds, 3 TDs, 0 picks, 130 rating

Keap ran for 6.4ypc RTan 5.7, but remember, Miami's D didn't stop a scrambler all yr.