Re: w and storms

1 view
Message has been deleted

Rick

Sep 24, 2005, 12:49:33 AM9/24/05

"GoBoy" <Go...@Goboy.net> wrote in message
news:rj3Ze.711$%H2....@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> Bush will screw this one up tooo.

Not as bad as your father screwed up by not pulling out of your mother.

Gary K

Sep 25, 2005, 12:09:38 AM9/25/05
BILL MAHER's CLOSE ON HIS SHOW LAST WEEK:

"Mr. President, this job can't be fun for you any more. There's no
more
money to spend--you used up all of that. You can't start another war
because you used up the army. And now, darn the luck, the rest of your
term has become the Bush family nightmare: helping poor people. Listen
to your Mom. The cupboard's bare, the credit cards maxed out. No
one's
speaking to you. Mission accomplished.

"Now it's time to do what you've always done best: lose interest and
walk away. Like you did with your military service and the oil company
and the baseball team. It's time. Time to move on and try the next
fantasy job. How about cowboy or space man? Now I know what you're
saying: there's so many other things that you as President could
involve yourself in. Please don't. I know, I know. There's a lot
left
to do. There's a war with Venezuela. Eliminating the sales tax on
yachts. Turning the space program over to the church. And Social
Security to Fannie Mae. Giving embryos the vote.

"But, Sir, none of that is going to happen now. Why? Because you
govern like Billy Joel drives. You've performed so poorly I'm
surprised
that you haven't given yourself a medal. You're a catastrophe that
walks like a man. Herbert Hoover was a s***ty president, but even he
never conceded an entire city to rising water and snakes.

"On your watch, we've lost almost all of our allies, the surplus, four
airliners, two trade centers, a piece of the Pentagon and the City of
New
Orleans. Maybe you're just not lucky. I'm not saying you don't love
this country. I'm just wondering how much worse it could be if you
were
on the other side.

"So, yes, God does speak to you. What he is saying is: 'Take a hint.' "

eüphemism

Sep 25, 2005, 12:32:01 AM9/25/05

"Gary K" <jag...@aol.com> wrote in message

Nice to see that the psycho's on the fringes are still willing to blame
anything and everything on Bush.

There was an earthquake in California on Friday... has that been blamed on
Geedubbya yet?

Rick

Sep 25, 2005, 12:51:29 AM9/25/05

"Gary K" <jag...@aol.com> wrote in message
> BILL MAHER's CLOSE ON HIS SHOW LAST WEEK:

So YOU'RE the one that watches that idiotic show...

eüphemism

Sep 25, 2005, 9:50:49 AM9/25/05

"Gary K" <jag...@aol.com> wrote in message

FWIW...

Herbert Hoover was a bright man but weak president - along the lines of
Jimmy Carter. When he ordered MacArthur to disperse the WWI veterans who
had encamped around the capital, demanding early payment of a promised
bonus, he unleashed a pit bull on a crowd of helpless victims. Hoover paid
a big political price for that mistake, despite the fact that it was
MacArthur who, as was his nature, ignored direct orders to restrain his
actions and pressed the attack beyond all reason.

Undoubtedly Maher would embrace Roosevelt as the sort of leader he'd
prefer - undoubtedly because of the desire to see entitlement programs grow
beyond all reason.

How would Bill defend Roosevelt from the criticism that his National Weather
Bureau totally dropped the ball on a devastating hurricane that hit New
England in 1938? The forecasters knew there was a storm off the coast, they
just decided that it wouldn't turn towards land. After all, that hadn't
happened in that region for something like 123 years. 700 people died in
that storm, thousands were injured - no warning was given. Roosevelt
eventually sent the army in - the entire event went mostly unnoticed by the
rest of the country. The bigger story that year was when CBS broadcast the
Mercury Theater episode "War Of The Worlds" which caught radio-era "channel
surfers" by surprise and caused a sort of national hysteria among people
who believed everything they heard over the airwaves and thus were easily
convinced that the Martians had landed - and THAT hadn't happened before so
far as anyone could recall.

Chris

Sep 26, 2005, 9:16:05 AM9/26/05

I used to like Bill Maher, but then he came to the conclusion that he
had to give up comedy to become a Political pundit and now that's all
he does.

He mentions that Bush gets tired and moves on, from: Military, Oil,
Baseball and then to President.

Will good ol' Bill -- he's moving on to bigger and better things each
time while you've devolved into a sad piece of shit who is trying to
base your entire career into mudslinging against 1 man.

Where will you be when Bush's second term is up? You'll be out of
material, and by my best estimates, out of work.

TFK

Sep 26, 2005, 12:18:20 PM9/26/05
If Bush discovered a cure for cancer, these idiots would blame him for
putting doctors out of work.

TFK

StuGotts

Sep 27, 2005, 11:59:55 AM9/27/05

"TFK" <tf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

> If Bush discovered a cure for cancer, these idiots would blame him for
> putting doctors out of work.
>
> TFK

Bush discover a cure for cancer? ROFLOL

That idiot couldn't find his ass using both hands and a flashlight!

Stu

Bobby Galvez

Sep 27, 2005, 12:36:22 PM9/27/05

StuGotts wrote:

Hmmmm ....

If both hands were busy, just how would he hold the flashlight?

;-)

BobbyG

StuGotts

Sep 27, 2005, 1:09:19 PM9/27/05

"Bobby Galvez" <cnel...@austin.rr.com> wrote

That's what his "asshole buddy"... Karl Rove, is for.

Sheesh!!! ;-)

Stu

Rick

Sep 27, 2005, 1:38:36 PM9/27/05

"StuGotts" <ishkab...@NoSpamhotmail.com> wrote in message

Actually, statements like that make you sound like the idiot.

TFK

Sep 27, 2005, 3:03:20 PM9/27/05
* Actually, statements like that make you sound like the idiot. *

That's a typical Message Board tactic. You can't dispute my opinion, so
you have to call me a name. Hey, when you can't argue the facts, start
with the insults. It's a good way to deflect that my opinion is correct
and yours isn't.

Thanks for proving my point.

TFK

Tim Lines

Sep 27, 2005, 3:12:04 PM9/27/05
eüphemism wrote:

> FWIW...
>
> Herbert Hoover was a bright man but weak president - along the lines of
> Jimmy Carter. When he ordered MacArthur to disperse the WWI veterans who
> had encamped around the capital, demanding early payment of a promised
> bonus, he unleashed a pit bull on a crowd of helpless victims. Hoover paid
> a big political price for that mistake, despite the fact that it was
> MacArthur who, as was his nature, ignored direct orders to restrain his
> actions and pressed the attack beyond all reason.
>
> Undoubtedly Maher would embrace Roosevelt as the sort of leader he'd
> prefer - undoubtedly because of the desire to see entitlement programs grow
> beyond all reason.

This ALMOST reads as though you believe you're defending a conservative.
GW is no conservative. LBJ boosted discretionary spending 33.4%. GW
has increased it 35.1%. So far.
(http://www.reason.com/links/links092105.shtml). His $200 billion
spending spree on the Gulf coast will accomplish nothing more than
recreating the previous welfare state dependency. Roosevelt would love GW.

Rick

Sep 27, 2005, 3:19:52 PM9/27/05

> * Actually, statements like that make you sound like the idiot. *
>
> That's a typical Message Board tactic. You can't dispute my opinion

I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the guy who called President Bush
an idiot.

StuGotts

Sep 27, 2005, 4:38:53 PM9/27/05

"Rick" <swtr...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

ROFLMFAO

Stu

john sumner

Sep 28, 2005, 1:21:10 AM9/28/05

> > That idiot couldn't find his ass using both hands and a flashlight!
> >

> Actually, statements like that make you sound like the idiot.

That is why he is working for a loser radio station now.

StuGotts

Sep 28, 2005, 8:32:47 AM9/28/05

"john sumner" <josumn...@cs.com> wrote ...

> > > That idiot couldn't find his ass using both hands and a flashlight!
> > >

> > Actually, statements like that make you sound like the idiot.
> >

> That is why he is working for a loser radio station now.

LOL You aren't even close, fool.

Stu

john sumner

Sep 28, 2005, 8:38:39 AM9/28/05

"StuGotts" <ishkab...@NoSpamhotmail.com> wrote in message

No you are the fool, fool

StuGotts

Sep 28, 2005, 9:07:06 AM9/28/05

"john sumner" <josumn...@cs.com> wrote in message

ROFLMFAO Is that the best you can do?

You two "Einsteins" are pathetic... but thanks for the laughs.

StuGotts

ukb...@newsfeeds.com

Nov 19, 2005, 1:52:10 PM11/19/05
:-)