Who's the Best QB in the AFC East?

0 views
Skip to first unread message

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 20, 2002, 11:04:47 PM5/20/02
to
OK,
We all heard the opinions on "What team in the AFC East do your fans hate
the most?"
Seems the Dolphins were overwhelming picks by the majority of fans from all
other teams in the AFC East. (hmmm..wonder why?) I just love the fact that
they couldn't even sell out their last playoff game! Must have been the
weather!!

How about your pick for the BEST QB in the AFC East?
Drew? (3 time Pro Bowler, most yards in Patriot History)
Vinny? (A man who defies age and can still deliver the ball)
A man named Brady?...(yes, he took his team to SB glory..with a lotta help
from his friends including Drew in Pittsburgh..also possibly a 1 HIT Wonder)
or Fiedler? (mmmmerrrrr...BAHAHAHA...ohh, sorry 'bout that)

Who's The BEST???


http://www.galaxymerchandise.com/sports.htm

Jeff

unread,
May 20, 2002, 11:18:44 PM5/20/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:,

The preface to your question caused me to pause. How can I vote for
a. a 38 year old man
b. a one-hit wonder
c. a guy who lost his job to a one-hit wonder
d. fiedler

Don't get me wrong, I think the AFC East is the best division in
football, but they haven't achieve that status due to the quarterback
position. Why don't you ask us about running backs? THAT'S a better
topic for debate...

--
WWPPD?

eÜphemism

unread,
May 20, 2002, 10:21:27 PM5/20/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:

> OK,
> We all heard the opinions on "What team in the AFC East do your fans hate
> the most?"
> Seems the Dolphins were overwhelming picks by the majority of fans from all
> other teams in the AFC East. (hmmm..wonder why?) I just love the fact that
> they couldn't even sell out their last playoff game! Must have been the
> weather!!

Sorry pal, but they did sell out the game. The problem with facts is they just
never seem to support the story that liars wish them to... bummer.


> How about your pick for the BEST QB in the AFC East?
> Drew? (3 time Pro Bowler, most yards in Patriot History)
> Vinny? (A man who defies age and can still deliver the ball)
> A man named Brady?...(yes, he took his team to SB glory..with a lotta help
> from his friends including Drew in Pittsburgh..also possibly a 1 HIT Wonder)
> or Fiedler? (mmmmerrrrr...BAHAHAHA...ohh, sorry 'bout that)
>
> Who's The BEST???

I am not sure who the 7% were that had voted for Fiedler as the best QB in the
AFC East. I guess they MUST have been Dolphin fans, but no one I know. They may
have just been some pre-schoolers who got a hold of daddy's computer.

You won't find many Dolphin fans touting Fiedler as the best QB of any
significant group. Still, they will admit that he's been very effective at times
- especially when he isn't tossing INT's. Most Dolphin fans are pretty objective
about these things. This may due to the fact that we know what a great QB looks
like and we don't see one anywhere in the AFC East right now.

Why do I think that Galaxy-girl is one bar-bet away from doing county time on an
indecency with animals rap?

Ü

eÜphemism

unread,
May 20, 2002, 10:24:19 PM5/20/02
to
Jeff wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I think the AFC East is the best division in
> football, but they haven't achieve that status due to the quarterback
> position. Why don't you ask us about running backs? THAT'S a better
> topic for debate...

That's easy. Curtis Martin is the best based upon his past accomplishments. James
ain't around anymore and Antowain Smith has had one good year.

#1 CM
#2 RW
#3 AS

Ü

Jeff

unread,
May 20, 2002, 11:49:29 PM5/20/02
to
eÜphemism wrote:
>
> "GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:
>
> > OK,
> > We all heard the opinions on "What team in the AFC East do your fans hate
> > the most?"
> > Seems the Dolphins were overwhelming picks by the majority of fans from all
> > other teams in the AFC East. (hmmm..wonder why?) I just love the fact that
> > they couldn't even sell out their last playoff game! Must have been the
> > weather!!
>
> Sorry pal, but they did sell out the game. The problem with facts is they just
> never seem to support the story that liars wish them to... bummer.
>
You're right, he should have said, "they didn't sell out in time to
avoid a black out." When you view it through that lens the fish fans
aren't lame at all...


--
WWPPD?

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 20, 2002, 11:55:13 PM5/20/02
to
72,251
"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CE9AF27...@mindspring.com...

> "GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:
>
> > OK,
> > We all heard the opinions on "What team in the AFC East do your fans
hate
> > the most?"
> > Seems the Dolphins were overwhelming picks by the majority of fans from
all
> > other teams in the AFC East. (hmmm..wonder why?) I just love the fact
that
> > they couldn't even sell out their last playoff game! Must have been the
> > weather!!
>
> Sorry pal, but they did sell out the game. The problem with facts is they
just
> never seem to support the story that liars wish them to... bummer.

Sorry "Bud", but attendance was 72,251..total Football Capacity: 74,916.
Those ARE the FACTS. And if I remember correctly, (was in South Fla. at the
time, it was blacked out..but again, not sure 'bout that one) A Playoff game
in Buffalo, NE or NY (Jersey if you want to be technicial) is standing room
only for a playoff game! Do your homework next time kiddo.

Ooooo..gosh, now that really hurt...indecency with animals eh? Sounds like
you have previous experience in these matters! Please let me know your
favorite farm friend!

> Ü
=P
http://www.galaxymerchandise.com/sports.htm
>
>
>


Robertjr

unread,
May 21, 2002, 3:24:05 AM5/21/02
to
Drew - of course..

"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote in message
news:accdgn$r6$1...@news.utelfla.com...

The Philster

unread,
May 21, 2002, 6:00:14 AM5/21/02
to

"Jeff" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message news:3CE9BC94...@haha.com...

> "GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:,
> > We all heard the opinions on "What team in the AFC East do your fans
hate
> > the most?"
> > Seems the Dolphins were overwhelming picks by the majority of fans from
all
> > other teams in the AFC East. (hmmm..wonder why?) I just love the fact
that
> > they couldn't even sell out their last playoff game! Must have been the
> > weather!!
> >
> > How about your pick for the BEST QB in the AFC East?
> > Drew? (3 time Pro Bowler, most yards in Patriot History)
> > Vinny? (A man who defies age and can still deliver the ball)
> > A man named Brady?...(yes, he took his team to SB glory..with a lotta
help
> > from his friends including Drew in Pittsburgh..also possibly a 1 HIT
Wonder)
> > or Fiedler? (mmmmerrrrr...BAHAHAHA...ohh, sorry 'bout that)
> >
> > Who's The BEST???
>
> The preface to your question caused me to pause. How can I vote for
> a. a 38 year old man
> b. a one-hit wonder
> c. a guy who lost his job to injury

Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:37:20 AM5/21/02
to
Tickets were still being sold on game day. I doubt it was a total sell out

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CE9AF27...@mindspring.com...

Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:40:00 AM5/21/02
to
I'd have to say on pure physical ability it would be Drew, and on decision
making it would be Brady.

"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote in message
news:accdgn$r6$1...@news.utelfla.com...

SuperPatsFan

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:49:30 AM5/21/02
to

"Glenn Greenstein" <glen.j...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:AerG8.34202$Vm2.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

> I'd have to say on pure physical ability it would be Drew, and on decision
> making it would be Brady.

Personally I think Brady's decision making is overrated, which doesn't mean
it's not better than Bledsoe's.
I think he prefers the shorter passes, thus what appears to be a quick/smart
decision is basically a pre built preference before the play.

SPF


rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:50:14 AM5/21/02
to
Jeff:

Congratulations on your support of an ignorant posting with one even more
inane. You have talent, boy- don't give up!

rt


"Jeff" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message news:3CE9C3C9...@haha.com...

rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:58:33 AM5/21/02
to
> Sorry "Bud", but attendance was 72,251..total Football Capacity: 74,916.
> Those ARE the FACTS. And if I remember correctly, (was in South Fla. at
the
> time, it was blacked out..but again, not sure 'bout that one) A Playoff
game
> in Buffalo, NE or NY (Jersey if you want to be technicial) is standing
room
> only for a playoff game! Do your homework next time kiddo.

Sorry, GalaxyGirl, but you continue to revel in your ignorance, don't you.
The game was a sell out. Every sold out game always has no-shows. Get your
facts correct and your logic consistent before suggesting homework next
time.

I am starting to understand your strategy:

1. Start a weak-ass argument, based on your own made up "facts".
2. After ass is spanked and your stupidty revealed,, change subject is
pitiful attempt to save face.

Two points: GalaxyGirl, then I am out of here. The sell out against
Baltimore has been discussed ad naueseam last winter. Read, learn, then
post.

Secondly, answer me this- are you a season ticket holder? I certainly am.
If you aren't, then you are a hypocrite as well as an ignoramus. Quite a
dangerous combo. (and please, if you are a Jets fan living in the tristate
area, don't give me the whine about waiting lists for tickets. When working
in NJ, I NEVER had problems buying tix at reasonable rates). I bet I know
the answer to this question.

Finally, in the spirit of this thread, I vote for Damon Huard.

rt

rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:00:39 AM5/21/02
to
Glenn, you are starting to disappoint me.

I was at the game, being a season ticket holder, and two buddys I brought
had to scalp as the tickets sold out at ticketmaster the previous night.
The only lines at the ticket booths were for "will call".

I hope you are just mired in a offseason malaise. ;)

rt


"Glenn Greenstein" <glen.j...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

news:4crG8.34200$Vm2.1...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:02:11 AM5/21/02
to
> Don't get me wrong, I think the AFC East is the best division in
> football, but they haven't achieve that status due to the quarterback
> position. Why don't you ask us about running backs? THAT'S a better
> topic for debate...
>

You are kidding, right? Curtis wins hands down. It ain't even close. It
may be a question if Ricky gains a billion yards next year but that remains
to be seen.

rt

>
>
>
>
> --
> WWPPD?
>


slats

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:36:59 AM5/21/02
to

i saw ray lucas perform at the same level as tom brady in the same
exact scaled back attack under the same coordinator. as far as
decision making goes, ray had a significantly better td/int ratio than
the superbowl champ. his only problem was that he didn't get started
until later in the season than tom, and could only boast qb'ing the
most dangerous team not in the playoffs that year.

i agree with those who want to label the debate about best starting qb
in the afce as a bunch of BS. gee, who's closest to above-average?

someday i hope to see the jets' current backup play, but right now i'd
say that ray lucas might be the best qb in the division.š just to give
you an idea of what i think of the level of competition....

(š shhhh! don't tell wanny!)

-slats

*sit on a potato pan, otis.* :Ţ

Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:52:08 AM5/21/02
to
Aside from the Malaise you mentioned it's what I was told by my Ft.
Lauderdale relatives. I hope your friends made the scalper eat some of his
investment
"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:XxrG8.3129$J%2.3...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:54:07 AM5/21/02
to
Actually now that you mention that, probably the best QB will appear to be
the one that plays for Weiss
"slats" <sl...@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:tkrqPBJ=shOmC5KwwyWNJiSek=E...@4ax.com...

rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:08:55 AM5/21/02
to
The scalpers in Miami are a sickly group.

By law, they have to stay off the stadium grounds, and they each have their
own areas of "turf". Disgusting creatures, for sure.

rt


"Glenn Greenstein" <glen.j...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

news:cisG8.27295$D41.1...@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

Sullman

unread,
May 21, 2002, 12:24:07 PM5/21/02
to

"Jeff" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message news:3CE9BC94...@haha.com...


It's not bad being a one hit wonder when you've only had one turn at the bat
now is it?


Football God

unread,
May 21, 2002, 12:40:44 PM5/21/02
to
Chad.

eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 5:08:43 PM5/21/02
to
Jeff wrote:

> You're right, he should have said, "they didn't sell out in time to
> avoid a black out." When you view it through that lens the fish fans
> aren't lame at all...
> --
> WWPPD?

It is a critical distinction for several reasons. If you're not too stupid to care,
here are the big hitters:

(1)
People who post shit like that are the same ones who attack others as "not getting
their facts right."

(2)
Jet's fans think they get bonus miles by insisting that their team sells out every
game. This is despite the fact that actual announced attendance for their games
falls an average of about 15, 000 ass-wipes short of capacity. Yes, technically they
DO sell out every game so, technically, the Dolphins sold out the game.


BTW... Don't let me catch you pettifogging about some minor factual mistake in some
other poster's messages... you wouldn't want to earn the "hypocrite" label.

Ü


eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 5:17:10 PM5/21/02
to
Glenn Greenstein wrote:

> Tickets were still being sold on game day. I doubt it was a total sell out

It was officially announced as a sell out. I'm sorry you doubt it.

Since you are not a Dolphin's fan, be sure that you would be quick to point out
that the Dolphin's haven't acquitted themselves really well in the playoffs. You
would toot that horn and then immediately chastise Dolphin fans for "not
supporting their team."

Ü

FlyingElvis

unread,
May 21, 2002, 6:32:52 PM5/21/02
to
"SAR I" <nos...@mail.com> wrote in message
news:UAzG8.43283$sg2.10...@typhoon.ne.ipsvc.net...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Ray Lucas has the best record as a starter of any quarterback in the AFC
> East. If he were black, he'd get the recognition he deserves.

Better than the very white Damon Huard (5-1)?


eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 5:35:47 PM5/21/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:

> > You won't find many Dolphin fans touting Fiedler as the best QB of any
> > significant group. Still, they will admit that he's been very effective at
> times
> > - especially when he isn't tossing INT's. Most Dolphin fans are pretty
> objective
> > about these things. This may due to the fact that we know what a great QB
> looks
> > like and we don't see one anywhere in the AFC East right now.
> >
> > Why do I think that Galaxy-girl is one bar-bet away from doing county time
> on an
> > indecency with animals rap?
>
> Ooooo..gosh, now that really hurt...indecency with animals eh? Sounds like
> you have previous experience in these matters! Please let me know your
> favorite farm friend!

Come back when you're completely dried out and I'll see if Jensen can help you
out.

Ü

eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 5:37:11 PM5/21/02
to
SAR I wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Ray Lucas has the best record as a starter of any quarterback in the AFC
> East. If he were black, he'd get the recognition he deserves.
>

> SAR I

If he was black you'd probably post some kind of racial slur.

Ü

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:07:07 PM5/21/02
to
Oh Gosh Golly..listen to the Fishy Fans! Waaaahhhhhh!!
The playoff Game vs Balt. was blacked out. I suggest you contact your local
CBS station in South Fla.
I will not condisend into a pissy little insult bout with you. Your little
barbs are an illustration of your class, (or lack there of) Fish fans like
you get so excited and upset, dont you? LOL

"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:ZvrG8.3106$J%2.3...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:43:24 PM5/21/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:

> Oh Gosh Golly..listen to the Fishy Fans! Waaaahhhhhh!!

What do you think? I say maybe 7th grade, 8th at most...


> The playoff Game vs Balt. was blacked out. I suggest you contact your local
> CBS station in South Fla.

Son, you do KNOW about the black out deadline, don't you?


> I will not condisend into a pissy little insult bout with you. Your little
> barbs are an illustration of your class, (or lack there of) Fish fans like
> you get so excited and upset, dont you? LOL

If you wipe the spit off your monitor you'll see the embarrassing tantrum that
you just threw in that opening line. You need a time out. Go to bed.

Ü


eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 8:44:23 PM5/21/02
to
SAR I wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Hey. My mom's a nigger.
>
> SAR I

You are such a talent.

Ü

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:52:32 PM5/21/02
to

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CEAE9AB...@mindspring.com...
The so called "embarrassing tantrum" in that "opening line" was something
called "satire".
To again show how upsetty wetty itty bitty Fishy wishies like you (not ALL
fish Fans..just those of your stature) can be.
LOL
>
> Ü
>
>


rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 10:03:32 PM5/21/02
to

"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote in message
news:acetlc$qmk$1...@news.utelfla.com...

GalGirl, there is a guy named "Boob" in the Jets group you MUST go talk to!
Unlike you, he probably can't spell "satire", but like you, he probably has
no idea what it means.

Back to the crib, come back in a couple years and we will re-evaluate you.

rt "I can't speak for Euph, but I KNOW GalGirl ain't NEVER seen me excited
or upset"


rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 10:05:10 PM5/21/02
to
Look what you did!

I just snorted my scotch!

rt

"SAR I" <nos...@mail.com> wrote in message

news:ELAG8.265$AJ5....@typhoon.ne.ipsvc.net...


> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Hey. My mom's a nigger.
>
> SAR I
>

> "eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> news:3CEABE07...@mindspring.com...

eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 9:15:22 PM5/21/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:

> The so called "embarrassing tantrum" in that "opening line" was something
> called "satire". To again show how upsetty wetty itty bitty Fishy wishies
> like you (not ALL
> fish Fans..just those of your stature) can be.
> LOL

It's appears that you're pretty new at this game... canning your own laugh
track (LOL) is really considered pretty lame and that baby talk stuff is
possibly even worse.

Right now we seem to be caught between the pompous and the asinine. This guy
Steve adopts his professorial bluenose tone and you... You chatter like a
stoned high school cheerleader.

Obviously it's true that they let anybody with twenty bucks on the internet.
I'm guessing that, in your case, the hooker demanded forty so you just settled
for a cyberstreet account.

Ü - Oh look petei... I think you're getting another zit


GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 10:36:35 PM5/21/02
to

"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:U%CG8.6586$J%2.13...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...
Uh-oh...it's an engish-lit major posing as a FISH Fan! Ask your mom what
satire is, perhaps she can assist.

>
> Back to the crib, come back in a couple years and we will re-evaluate you.
Oh.."WE" will, will we? oh Goody!

>
> rt "I can't speak for Euph, but I KNOW GalGirl ain't NEVER seen me excited
> or upset"
Oh? What is supposed to happen when you get "Excited" or "Upset" in such a
way as I've never seen?
Do you turn into the Incredible Mr. Limpet and rescue Jay Fiedler from Walt
Disney Studios because they want him to be a stand in for the next Dumbo
sequel?

Fishy Wishy was a Fish..in the playoffs Fishy Wishy went Squish Squish
Squish!
>
>
>


GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 10:53:21 PM5/21/02
to

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CEAF12A...@mindspring.com...

> "GalaxyMerchandise.com" wrote:
>
> > The so called "embarrassing tantrum" in that "opening line" was
something
> > called "satire". To again show how upsetty wetty itty bitty Fishy
wishies
> > like you (not ALL
> > fish Fans..just those of your stature) can be.
> > LOL
>
> It's appears that you're pretty new at this game... canning your own laugh
> track (LOL) is really considered pretty lame and that baby talk stuff is
> possibly even worse.
Oh Gee..yes, I'm so "New" at this "game". I just cant compete with Fishy
Wishy's like you!
Gosh! LOL! opps..it slipped! I hate when that happens..that dreaded canned
laughter.

>
> Right now we seem to be caught between the pompous and the asinine. This
guy
> Steve adopts his professorial bluenose tone and you... You chatter like a
> stoned high school cheerleader.
YES! how did you guess!? I get "stoned" from the high I get watching the
enormous talent that is Jay Fiedler! Makes me want to CHEER "Miami
Dolphins..Miami Dolphins...Houston Oilers number #1
OPPS! Did I CHEER Houston Oilers? Wait..was that their CHEER that FISH FANS
ripped off from the old Oiler Fans? Nah..no matter, that team is gone..it
belongs to us Fishy Fans now!

> Obviously it's true that they let anybody with twenty bucks on the
internet.
> I'm guessing that, in your case, the hooker demanded forty so you just
settled
> for a cyberstreet account.
No..she demanded that I take her home and rent all the Miami Playoff games
of the 90's.
It makes her get all wet and smell like Salmon! The cost of that is beyond
40 bucks, but I'm sure my ISP appreciates the plug in any case!

>
> Ü - Oh look petei... I think you're getting another zit
Oh GEE..will you come and pop it for me?
>
>
>
>
>


rt

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:00:59 PM5/21/02
to
> Oh? What is supposed to happen when you get "Excited" or "Upset" in such a
> way as I've never seen?
> Do you turn into the Incredible Mr. Limpet and rescue Jay Fiedler from
Walt
> Disney Studios because they want him to be a stand in for the next Dumbo
> sequel?
> Fishy Wishy was a Fish..in the playoffs Fishy Wishy went Squish Squish
> Squish!

I love it... Dude has nothing of substance to add to the thread, gets
waxed, and now this.

GalaxyGirl, get back to your multi-level marketing plans- your web page,
errr referer/whatever, ain't gonna get you squat.

I do hear there is excellent profit potential in toliet paper.

rt

Rich R.

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:07:20 PM5/21/02
to
RT. thats something new, a troll with no substance at all. I wonder if his real
last name is Jensen.

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:13:10 PM5/21/02
to

"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:LRDG8.7332$J%2.13...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

> > Oh? What is supposed to happen when you get "Excited" or "Upset" in such
a
> > way as I've never seen?
> > Do you turn into the Incredible Mr. Limpet and rescue Jay Fiedler from
> Walt
> > Disney Studios because they want him to be a stand in for the next Dumbo
> > sequel?
> > Fishy Wishy was a Fish..in the playoffs Fishy Wishy went Squish Squish
> > Squish!
>
> I love it... Dude has nothing of substance to add to the thread, gets
> waxed, and now this.
Gee...Did I "Get Waxed?" again...you Two Fishy's cant handle the fact that
YOUR team got blacked out because YOU couldnt sell out a PLAYOFF game! How
Lame is that? This would NEVER happen in any of the other AFC East
Cities...only YOURS. LOL..opps..that canned laughter yet again.
Perhaps the majority of the FISH fans saw the futility in going yet another
Fish playoff Fiasco and chose to "WAX" their surf boards instead! (actually
can I see the prefered desire there!)

> GalaxyGirl, get back to your multi-level marketing plans- your web page,
> errr referer/whatever, ain't gonna get you squat.
hmmm...if you say so! heh

>I do hear there is excellent profit potential in toliet paper.
Hmmmm...like a FISH PLAYOFF ticket!
Tune in...I'll offer those Next...their ultra absorbant!

> rt

Melquiades

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:26:38 PM5/21/02
to
"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote:

>Who's The BEST???

1. Drew Bledsoe
2. Jay Fiedler
3. Tom brady (jury is still out)
4. Vinny Testaverde

Jeff

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:28:22 PM5/21/02
to
eÜphemism wrote:
>
> Jeff wrote:
>
> > You're right, he should have said, "they didn't sell out in time to
> > avoid a black out." When you view it through that lens the fish fans
> > aren't lame at all...
> > --
> > WWPPD?
>
> It is a critical distinction for several reasons. If you're not too stupid to care,
> here are the big hitters:

If you want to pick straws, explain the correllation between stupitidy
and caring...



> (1)
> People who post shit like that are the same ones who attack others as "not getting
> their facts right."

This is a generalization based on your perception and I don't trust your
perception.

> (2)
> Jet's fans think they get bonus miles by insisting that their team sells out every
> game. This is despite the fact that actual announced attendance for their games
> falls an average of about 15, 000 ass-wipes short of capacity. Yes, technically they
> DO sell out every game so, technically, the Dolphins sold out the game.

I have NO idea what you're talking about.... What Jets fans? I go to
every game and I'd be surprised if there were many times since Kotite
where the Jets were 15,000 dolphin fans [asswipes, I had to spell out
the joke for the mentally impaired] shy of capacity. Conversely, I'd bet
the farm that you RARELY if EVER attend a dolphin game.

> BTW... Don't let me catch you pettifogging about some minor factual mistake in some
> other poster's messages... you wouldn't want to earn the "hypocrite" label.

As opposed to you basing whole arguements on your [flawed] perception?
You're one of the people who think the country's going to hell because
things aren't like you remember them in the 1950s....

--
WWPPD?

Jeff

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:32:10 PM5/21/02
to

I think the point, no matter how you want to spin it, is that Southern
Florida didn't watch the fish get stomped by the Ravens because dolphins
fans only bought tickets when it was announced that was the only way
they'd get to see the game. Frankly, I think Glenn is attacking this
from the wrong angle. Ravens fans were the lame ones, not fish fans. If
the fish were playing the Jets, I'd bet the island that the game would
have been sold out.


--
WWPPD?

Jeff

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:41:46 PM5/21/02
to
Obviously, you are a Jets fan.

--
WWPPD?

slats

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:47:01 PM5/21/02
to
On Tue, 21 May 2002 20:43:24 -0400, eÜphemism
<euph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>> Oh Gosh Golly..listen to the Fishy Fans! Waaaahhhhhh!!
>
>What do you think? I say maybe 7th grade, 8th at most...

this is what i used to think. imagine my surprise when i found out you
were 48 years old.

>> The playoff Game vs Balt. was blacked out. I suggest you contact your local
>> CBS station in South Fla.
>
>Son, you do KNOW about the black out deadline, don't you?

this is obviously a rule that a fan of the fish might need to know
backwards and forwards, but is of little consequence to the fans of
other teams in the division.

-slats

*sit on a potato pan, otis.* :Ž

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:47:52 PM5/21/02
to

"Jeff" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message news:3CEB113A...@haha.com...

The real point here is that a Team that is hosting a PLAYOFF game should not
rely on the other teams fans to sell out THEIR playoff game! Sad indeed.

--
WWPPD?


Jeff

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:52:24 PM5/21/02
to

I was relying on irony to make my point....

(and when I said "sold out" I meant in time for the black out. I don't
know how many tickets were sold at game time. That has no bearing on
this discussion. It does to Euphemism, but the point is hovering 50,000
ft over his head.)


--
WWPPD?

eÜphemism

unread,
May 21, 2002, 11:07:52 PM5/21/02
to
Jeff wrote:

> > It is a critical distinction for several reasons. If you're not too stupid to care,
> > here are the big hitters:
>
> If you want to pick straws, explain the correllation between stupitidy
> and caring...

You asked the question but you probably don't really want to consider the answer. The
proof of this was in your reply.


> > (1)
> > People who post shit like that are the same ones who attack others as "not getting
> > their facts right."
>
> This is a generalization based on your perception and I don't trust your
> perception.

Tough.


> > (2)
> > Jet's fans think they get bonus miles by insisting that their team sells out every
> > game. This is despite the fact that actual announced attendance for their games
> > falls an average of about 15, 000 ass-wipes short of capacity. Yes, technically they
> > DO sell out every game so, technically, the Dolphins sold out the game.
>
> I have NO idea what you're talking about.... What Jets fans? I go to
> every game and I'd be surprised if there were many times since Kotite
> where the Jets were 15,000 dolphin fans [asswipes, I had to spell out
> the joke for the mentally impaired] shy of capacity. Conversely, I'd bet
> the farm that you RARELY if EVER attend a dolphin game.

Since I live 1300 miles from the stadium, I do not often attend.

The stadium attendance figures are published and I posted them last year. You can find the
information if you care to - the bottom line is that there have been an average of 15,000
empty seats for Jets' "home games" for many years. When Parcells came to town, that figure
dropped. It crept back up under Groh. I'd bet the farm you won't bother to check because
you know I'm right.


> > BTW... Don't let me catch you pettifogging about some minor factual mistake in some
> > other poster's messages... you wouldn't want to earn the "hypocrite" label.
>
> As opposed to you basing whole arguements on your [flawed] perception?
> You're one of the people who think the country's going to hell because
> things aren't like you remember them in the 1950s....
>
> --
> WWPPD?

The '50s were cool, but I was only seven when they ended and I found the '60s to be even
better. Now where the hell did you come up with that bit of flawed "perception?"

Ü


rt

unread,
May 22, 2002, 12:26:45 AM5/22/02
to
Rich, this guy makes Jensen look like Einstein.

And believe me, I NEVER thought I would write that!

rt


"Rich R." <rr2...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:3CEB0B33...@ix.netcom.com...

Hal Horn

unread,
May 22, 2002, 12:27:33 AM5/22/02
to

"GalaxyMerchandise.com" <pe...@cyberstreet.com> wrote in message
news:accdgn$r6$1...@news.utelfla.com...
>
>
> How about your pick for the BEST QB in the AFC East?
> Drew? (3 time Pro Bowler, most yards in Patriot History)
> Vinny? (A man who defies age and can still deliver the ball)
> A man named Brady?...(yes, he took his team to SB glory..with a lotta help
> from his friends including Drew in Pittsburgh..also possibly a 1 HIT
Wonder)
> or Fiedler? (mmmmerrrrr...BAHAHAHA...ohh, sorry 'bout that)
>
> Who's The BEST???

Hard to tell at this point. We have to see A) what Bledsoe will be like as
an everyday starter after all the injuries the
past two years; B) whether or not Brady was a one-year wonder; C) whether
Testeverde still has it at age 39 this
fall (he was inconsistent the past two years, regardless of your "can still
deliver the ball" statement).

Fiedler could be the best or the fourth-best.

HCH


rt

unread,
May 22, 2002, 12:34:27 AM5/22/02
to
> Gee...Did I "Get Waxed?" again...you Two Fishy's cant handle the fact that
> YOUR team got blacked out because YOU couldnt sell out a PLAYOFF game! How
> Lame is that?

How lame is it that you STILL don't understand what you are trying to quack
about and STILL are spewing erroneous "facts".. Mondo lame, that's how
lame!

>This would NEVER happen in any of the other AFC East
> Cities...only YOURS. LOL..opps..that canned laughter yet again.
> Perhaps the majority of the FISH fans saw the futility in going yet
another
> Fish playoff Fiasco and chose to "WAX" their surf boards instead!
(actually
> can I see the prefered desire there!)

Yup, you got me there. Although I did not see an empty seat all day I am
certain you couldn't be making this up, now could you?

> > GalaxyGirl, get back to your multi-level marketing plans- your web page,
> > errr referer/whatever, ain't gonna get you squat.
> hmmm...if you say so! heh
> >I do hear there is excellent profit potential in toliet paper.
> Hmmmm...like a FISH PLAYOFF ticket!
> Tune in...I'll offer those Next...their ultra absorbant!

GalaxyGirl, fix that lameass webpage and get back to us. I wonder, do you
have a business license for that ridiculous portal? Do you remit local
source sales tax?? Wait- you gotta' make $ to pay taxes- sorry, I forgot.

I think you were making more sense when you were baby-talking. Plus- it was
really cute!
LOL
ROTFLMO
HAHAHA

jeez, how pathetic....

rt

rt

unread,
May 22, 2002, 12:35:43 AM5/22/02
to

"slats" <sl...@optonline.net> wrote in message
news:qBLrPIKNPszfOiK0saYmXCHlI=M...@4ax.com...

Yup, especially the dipshits who make it up as they go!

rt

rt

unread,
May 22, 2002, 12:43:49 AM5/22/02
to

"Jeff" <je...@haha.com> wrote in message news:3CEB15F8...@haha.com...


Jeff, make up your mind what your argument is. Assuming you have one.

There were no fucking tickets for sale on gameday, capice? You and the
other dumbass are the ones nitpicking this thing to death- Euph and I merely
tried to stop you from continuing to embarass yourselves by helping you
understand the facts. I guess it didn't work.

More facts for you:

The prior home playoff game (2000 season), a OT victory over Indy, was a
sellout, no blackout that time.

The prior home playoff game (1998 season- our 99 Wildcard victory was in
Seattle) against Buffalo was, yepper, a sell out, and also no blackout. As
were the multitude of other postseason games we have enjoyed in Florida.

It is not our fault you are bitter because your team generally does not play
past December. Get over it.

rt


The Philster

unread,
May 22, 2002, 6:01:11 AM5/22/02
to
This is Marino's year to get beaten. July 21st.
--
The Philster

"SAR I" <nos...@mail.com> wrote in message
news:qlFG8.755$AJ5.2...@typhoon.ne.ipsvc.net...
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Speaking of talent, this is Marino's year!
>
> SAR I

>
> "eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:3CEAE9E7...@mindspring.com...

Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 22, 2002, 8:48:36 AM5/22/02
to
I go to a lot of games and 15000 seats is a little less than 25% of the
seating at the meadowlands. That would be pretty noticeable and I have to
say that every game unless it was raining or a snow storm was pretty full.
I'd say what ever numbers your referring to are skewed or just plain wrong

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CEB0B88...@mindspring.com...

StuGotts

unread,
May 22, 2002, 9:01:11 AM5/22/02
to

"The Philster" <theph...@thephilster.com> wrote in message

> This is Marino's year to get beaten. July 21st.

Don't count on it... I hear Phil Luckett may head-up the officiating crew.
<bfg>

Stu


Glenn Greenstein

unread,
May 22, 2002, 8:57:27 AM5/22/02
to
Looks like someone is babbling

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CEAB956...@mindspring.com...

> Glenn Greenstein wrote:
>
> > Tickets were still being sold on game day. I doubt it was a total sell
out
>
> It was officially announced as a sell out. I'm sorry you doubt it.
>
> Since you are not a Dolphin's fan, be sure that you would be quick to
point out
> that the Dolphin's haven't acquitted themselves really well in the
playoffs. You
> would toot that horn and then immediately chastise Dolphin fans for "not
> supporting their team."
>
> Ü
>


The Philster

unread,
May 22, 2002, 4:44:34 PM5/22/02
to
Didn't you hear? He got demoted. I just hope they keep Walt Coleman and
Terry McCauley away from UB that day. They're the ones who screwed up in
1998 in the Bills-Pats game.
--
The Philster
"StuGotts" <ishkab...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:cuMG8.27425$mG.11...@e3500-atl1.usenetserver.com...

eÜphemism

unread,
May 22, 2002, 6:26:24 PM5/22/02
to
Glenn Greenstein wrote:

> Looks like someone is babbling

How so Glenn? The words were a concise reply to your completely un-original
grind on the Dolphins failing to sell out their playoff game against the
Ravens. There are a handful of "Old Standards" used by trolls like you in
attacking the Dolphins. One is the attendance whine. Another is the "Dolphins
lose early and big in the playoffs." See how I tied your hands together? So...
you dump and run because you haven't got an answer.

Do we have another contestant?

Ü


eÜphemism

unread,
May 22, 2002, 6:42:04 PM5/22/02
to
Glenn Greenstein wrote:

> I go to a lot of games and 15000 seats is a little less than 25% of the
> seating at the meadowlands. That would be pretty noticeable and I have to
> say that every game unless it was raining or a snow storm was pretty full.
> I'd say what ever numbers your referring to are skewed or just plain wrong

I was hoping you or your associate idiots would say that...

Here are the official figures just as I posted them back in December.... This
came as a result of another Jets Troll (SAR) who was singing the same old song.
The FACT is that Jet's fans stay away in droves when their team is losing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You, and all your fellow Jets' trolls...

You have made much hay about Miami fans and the trouble they have selling out
for home games. You cite the waiting list and unavailability of tickets for Jets
games as proof of the fan support for the Jets. I contended that NY fans buy the
season tickets the way they buy parking space... just in case. The bigger issue
is attendance. The proof of fan "loyalty" to the Jets is in the actual
attendance figures - so tell me where I'm wrong

Giants Stadium - Capacity 80, 242 (641,936 seats for an 8
home game schedule)

Since 1984, here are the actual attendance figures for the
Jets.

Year - W/L Rec - Attendance
1984 - (7 - 9) - 514591 Empty Seats: 127345
1985 - (11 - 5) - 541832 Empty Seats: 100104
1986 - (10 - 6) - 542669 Empty Seats: 99267
1987 - (6 - 9) - 352895 Empty Seats: 289041
1988 - (8 - 7) - 483037 Empty Seats: 158899
1989 - (4 - 12) - 429465 Empty Seats: 212471
1990 - (6 - 10) - 482910 Empty Seats: 159026
1991 - (8 - 8) - 495562 Empty Seats: 146374
1992 - (4 - 12) - 465563 Empty Seats: 176373
1993 - (8 - 8) - 531702 Empty Seats: 110234
1994 - (6 - 10) - 527147 Empty Seats: 114789
1995 - (3 - 13) - 488079 Empty Seats: 153857
1996 - (1 - 15) - 395154 Empty Seats: 246782
1997 - (9 - 7) - 543181 Empty Seats: 98755
1998 - (12 - 4) - 589768 Empty Seats: 52168
1999 - (8 - 8) - 626258 Empty Seats: 15678
2000 - (9 - 7) - 623711 Empty Seats: 18225

Let's hear your er, uh, um, well explanation for these figures Scotty... Those
big drops correlate nicely with the final records, don't they?

Ü

GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 22, 2002, 7:54:44 PM5/22/02
to

"rt" <TurnerrePl...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:ndFG8.7649$J%2.15...@twister.tampabay.rr.com...

> > Gee...Did I "Get Waxed?" again...you Two Fishy's cant handle the fact
that
> > YOUR team got blacked out because YOU couldnt sell out a PLAYOFF game!
How
> > Lame is that?
>
> How lame is it that you STILL don't understand what you are trying to
quack
> about and STILL are spewing erroneous "facts".. Mondo lame, that's how
> lame!
>
> >This would NEVER happen in any of the other AFC East
> > Cities...only YOURS. LOL..opps..that canned laughter yet again.
> > Perhaps the majority of the FISH fans saw the futility in going yet
> another
> > Fish playoff Fiasco and chose to "WAX" their surf boards instead!
> (actually
> > can I see the prefered desire there!)
>
> Yup, you got me there. Although I did not see an empty seat all day I am
> certain you couldn't be making this up, now could you?

Hmmmmm..i see that the smell from last nights "Fish Fry" still permiates the
air.
The Fact of the matter, (one that you continue to dispute..further
illustrating your Frustrated Fish Fan mentality) is that YOUR Fishies were
BLACKED OUT due to the fact they could not sell enough tickets for a PLAYOFF
game. Golly..you just cant deal with the FACTS now can you?


> > > GalaxyGirl, get back to your multi-level marketing plans- your web
page,
> > > errr referer/whatever, ain't gonna get you squat.
> > hmmm...if you say so! heh
> > >I do hear there is excellent profit potential in toliet paper.
> > Hmmmm...like a FISH PLAYOFF ticket!
> > Tune in...I'll offer those Next...their ultra absorbant!
>
> GalaxyGirl, fix that lameass webpage and get back to us. I wonder, do you
> have a business license for that ridiculous portal? Do you remit local
> source sales tax?? Wait- you gotta' make $ to pay taxes- sorry, I forgot.
>
> I think you were making more sense when you were baby-talking. Plus- it
was
> really cute!
> LOL
> ROTFLMO
> HAHAHA
>
> jeez, how pathetic....
>

Gee Wizz Golly Gumdrops..howz that? Oh how Fishy Wishy Fans like you get
soooo upset!
I'm so glad you like my website! Visit often! We will soon offer Hankies
that Fish Fans like YOU
can cry into after your yearly playoff pounding! (notice that you are of a
minority..most Fish Fans got a clue..which is why you didn't SELL OUT..LOL)
Jimmy Johnson was the first to get a clue..this is why after he took part in
that 52-0 (or some ridiculous score..cant remember the total sum, but that
it was ENORMOUS) he bailed and is currently floating off the Keys, pretty
smart man I would say! All I can add is...Miami Dolphins, Miami Dolphins,
Houston Oilers #1..oh darn, that ripped off cheer slipped out yet again!
Golly Gosh!
>
>
>
>
>


GalaxyMerchandise.com

unread,
May 22, 2002, 8:13:27 PM5/22/02
to

"eÜphemism" <euph...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3CEC1EBB...@mindspring.com...

> Glenn Greenstein wrote:
>
> > I go to a lot of games and 15000 seats is a little less than 25% of the
> > seating at the meadowlands. That would be pretty noticeable and I have
to
> > say that every game unless it was raining or a snow storm was pretty
full.
> > I'd say what ever numbers your referring to are skewed or just plain
wrong
>
> I was hoping you or your associate idiots would say that...
>
> Here are the official figures just as I posted them back in December....
This
> came as a result of another Jets Troll (SAR) who was singing the same old
song.
> The FACT is that Jet's fans stay away in droves when their team is losing.
And the FACT is also that the FISH cannot sell out a game when hosting the
(then) defending SB Champions in time for it to be televised in South
Florida. This can be attributed to several possible scenarios..
1. Wanting to go to the local Hooters instead of seeing those tired routines
from the Fishettes
2. Too lazy to go out to the stadium to support their "team", preferring to
stay home to watch on the tube so the channel can be changed to the Playboy
Channel when the Fish start getting stomped
3. Most of them are out enjoying the beaches and acknowledge the futility
that is the FISH.

Jeff

unread,
May 22, 2002, 8:19:11 PM5/22/02
to
I think you made our case nicely, thank you. All those games were
sold-out. The fans are doing their job, we HAVE to buy tickets because
the waiting list is 15 years. As you said, there IS a correllation
between the team's performance on the field and the attendance in the
stands. In 1996, there were 246782 protest votes. (Personally, I
attended 12 games that year, but I'm insane.) But you'll also note that
when the team is good, there are butts in the seats. Again, the fans are
doing their job. Yet somehow, you want to compare a playoff game to the
Rich Kotite era. (That may be the first time in history that playoff and
Kotite were mentioned in the same sentence.)

The point: (as you missed it many times) WE THINK YOU ARE LAME FOR
FAILING TO SELL OUT A PLAYOFF GAME PRIOR TO THE BLACKOUT. If you want to
equate that to not showing up in the Kotite Era, knock yourself out. The
goal of the entire regular season is to make the playoffs. From a fan's
perspective, to GO to the playoffs. You did that. Then you stayed home.
Nobody bought tickets until the blackout was announced. THAT'S why we
think you're lame.

--
WWPPD?

rt

unread,
May 22, 2002, 10:24:06 PM5/22/02
to
Do get in touch after puberty, imbecile.

Perhaps your team may have a home playoff game by then.

rt

ps- your website sucks ass. back to Costco.


eÜphemism

unread,
May 22, 2002, 9:26:43 PM5/22/02