Another Soward article

Rockontaekwon

Apr 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/21/00
Its confirmedl. Andrea is the dumbest chimp among chimps. She is still a funny
girl thou.

*Legion* (Brendon Rapp)

Apr 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/21/00
>The more I read about this guy the more I think TC is a freaking genius
>in spotting the diamonds in the rough. This kid took a summer off to
>try and sow some wild oaks in the music industry. Didn't pan out. Now
>he's over that mistake and in a system that will force him to keep his
>act straight. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

The question is whether or not Coughlin can keep this kid in line.
Obviously Coughlin thinks he can. The kid's a little naive, but not a
Cecil Collins thug or a psycho like Underwood.

If the Jags use a lot of 3 WR sets, with Soward in the slot, we might
have something good. Nickel D. backs will certainly have a tough time
keeping him covered.

Andreas

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
Did you see the Saturday article?

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/042200/jag_2871224.html

Kmac is such a competitor. He'll use any little thing for self
motivation. He also knows that this kid DOES have secret dreams of
taking the #2 spot. These dreams are just that. He's a long way from
Kmac level but if used correctly should have a big impact if he can
catch a a couple long balls to earn some respect.

Sad part is... Monday morning QB morons will be screaming for Jimmy's or
Kmac's (#1 & #9 WRs in entire NFL last season) head after the first
catch this guy makes.

--
and...@mediaone.net
/) An Armed Society,

*Legion* (Brendon Rapp)

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00

No, I hadn't seen that (though I saw a very brief mention of this at
some other site).

>Kmac is such a competitor. He'll use any little thing for self
>motivation. He also knows that this kid DOES have secret dreams of
>taking the #2 spot. These dreams are just that. He's a long way from
>Kmac level but if used correctly should have a big impact if he can
>catch a a couple long balls to earn some respect.

Keenan knows he has raised some eyebrows about whether he can cut it
or not. A couple of key dropped passes have caused that. Of course,
people forget the key 3rd-and-long "must make" plays, but anyway...

>Sad part is... Monday morning QB morons will be screaming for Jimmy's or
>Kmac's (#1 & #9 WRs in entire NFL last season) head after the first
>catch this guy makes.

Indeed.

Joseph Skinner

Apr 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/22/00
I dont know why Kmac should get upset. It's Barlow that ought to be
worried, Once this guy proves he can catch the ball and can also be a
return man, I think Barlow will be history.

Andreas

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
This is all posturing by Kmac. He KNOWS that as the #9 when on a team
where the RB ends up the #3 receiver that he can't be touched by any
rookie. He's just having some fun with it and pumping himself us to
keep up the attitude. Keenan and Jimmy get doubled at least part of
nearly every route and still own the top ten. A new threat can only
help Kmac percent open.

Andreas

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
Naaa, he'll still be on the team. We do have some five wides.
Receivers do get dinged too so I doubt TC will toss any that have some
experience unless the rookies really shine in camp.

*Legion* (Brendon Rapp)

Apr 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/23/00
>Naaa, he'll still be on the team. We do have some five wides.

Yeah, it'd be nice not having to use a RB as our fifth WR.

>Receivers do get dinged too so I doubt TC will toss any that have some
>experience unless the rookies really shine in camp.

Barlow's still a project, like Whitted. Coughlin would rather have
young projects with the potential to become good WRs than average
backups that have little potential in moving up.

Paul D.

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00

From: <censored> (JagsRule)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.jville-jaguars
Subject: Another Soward article
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:39:15 GMT

Sorry about posting some of your headers, JagsRule, but you seem to be
posting from the future. Could you by any chance give my the Big Game
numbers for the Tuesday April 25, 2000 drawing :)

As for Soward, I agree that he is a big roll of the dice, but I
believe it will pay off for TC and the Jags this season. However, if
he still has some of the immaturity that was referenced in the
article, Coughlin would be well off to put an Offensive Coordinator
between himself and Soward. Then, again, he needs an OC anyway.
--
Paul D.

"Find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
--George Carlin