Kicker Brett Maher had the Yips vs Bucs? Does he still have it?

observer

Jan 18, 2023, 5:14:45 PM1/18/23
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

The yips ... are a sudden & unexplained loss
of ability to execute certain skills in experi-
enced athletes. Symptoms of the yips are
losing fine motor skills & psychological is-
sues that impact on the muscle memory &
decision-making of athletes ... .

Common treatments include clinical sport
psychology therapy as well as refocusing
attention on the underlying biomechanics
of their physical actions. ... In the National
Football League (NFL), a normally reliable
placekicker who starts struggling is also
said to have the yips.

---
January 18 2023

Cowboys sign K Tristan Vizcaino amid Kicker
Maher's woes
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35474987/cowboys-sign-k-tristan-vizcaino-amid-maher-woes
---

The Dallas Cowboys still plan to have Brett
Maher kick in Sunday's divisional game vs
the 49ers, but they will sign Tristan Vizcaino
to the practice squad as insurance ... .

Maher missed 4 extra points in Monday's
wild-card win against the Bucs. ... if Maher
struggles when he kicks in practice Thursday
& Friday, the Cowboys will at least have Viz-
caino, who spent part of the 2020 offseason
with the club, ready.

On Tuesday, Fassel said Maher was battling
a case of the yips when he became the first
player in any NFL game since 1932 to miss
4 extra points in a win during a regular sea-
son or playoff game.

... "Life happens, man. I mean look at our first
3 plays. We all had 3 drops," wide receiver T.Y.
Hilton said. ...

~~~

Vizcaino played in 3 games this season with
the Cardinals & Patriots. He made 2 of 2 field
goals (1 of 30-39 yards & 1 of 46 yards) & 3
of 3 extra points & had 6 kickoffs in the Card-
inals' win over the Rams November 13 2022.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/VizcTr00.htm

He didn't have any field goal or extra point at-
tempts in 2 games with the Patriots, but did
have 6 kickoffs in those games on December
1 & 24 2022.

In 1 game with the 49ers in 2020, he made 2
of 2 field goals of 20-29, & 1 of 1 field goal of
47 yards along with 2 of 2 extra points & 1 kick-
off.

In 6 games with the Chargers in 2021, he made
3 of 3 field goals of 20-29, 2 of 2 field goals of
30-39, & 1 field goal of 46 yards, missing 1 from
40-49 yards. Extra points, unfortunately, 2021
was a bad year for Vizcaino, making only 10 of
15 extra points. He had 31 kickoffs in 2021.

~~~

Earlier this season, in the Cowboys largest win
in 2022, 40-3 over the Vikings:

---
November 21 2022

Brett Maher breaks his own NFL record
for most 60 yards & longer field goals, twice
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys/c/1AZfUrcvptg/m/Le3l56_bBwAJ
---

--- --- ---

DLS S

Jan 19, 2023, 6:05:35 AM1/19/23
What a POS Jerry Jones and Dak are.

Destroy the kicker's feelings after telling the media you stand behind him!!

Douche bags!!!
Yeah its ok btw we added a kicker to the PS squad..

Win at any cost you Cock roaches!!

decades losers losers losers.

OCD dipshit are the Cowboy's best fans.

I hate the fact that I'm 100 percent right that the Dallas roaches will beat the Niners.

Oh well On the flip side my gambling profits rise..

observer

Jan 19, 2023, 12:16:13 PM1/19/23
> [skip dls insult-ridden stuff]

Thanks for supporting a Cowboys win
over the 49ers, I hope you're right that
the Cowboys will win & tie the Patriots
for the most playoff wins in NFL history,
moving up from their 3-way tie at 2nd, ...

... & extending their league leading play-
off appearances to 67 if, with a win over
the 49ers, they appear in their 15th NFC
Championship game & win for a record-
extending 9th time & make it to their 9th
Super Bowl & as long as we're thinking ...

... positive Cowboys thoughts here, win
their 6th Super Bowl to tie the Patriots
& Steelers for most Super Bowl trophies.

I know, it's a long way from upsetting the
49ers to the other 2 steps above, but hey,
dls has inspired me to think positively. (-: