Latest Cowboys NFL Power Ranking?

observer

Sep 27, 2022, 2:12:20 PM9/27/22
I haven't posted power rankings for
NFL teams since November 2021.
With the Cowboys recent & surpris-
ing successes, the following article
caught my attention:

September 27 2022
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/9/27/23373368/2022-nfl-week-4-power-rankings-dallas-cowboys-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills-baltimore-ravens

11 - Dallas Cowboys (Last Week: 20)

---

In the ESPN Football Power Index
area, their FPI ranking has the Cow-
boys unusually low (24th), bad news:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi

However, in their Projected Wins area,
the Cowboys rank pretty good (9th),
good news:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/powerIndex/_/view/projections

I suppose one can spin their rankings
in either a negative or a positive way,
depending on which of their rankings
one decides is most important.

--- --- ---

observer

Oct 11, 2022, 7:41:48 PM10/11/22
Follow-up: Sunday night is a biggie, the
NFL's #1 (Eagles) & #5 (Cowboys) ranked
teams, per the following USA Today web-
site, for whatever it's worth:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/nate-davis/2022/10/11/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-2022-eagles-cowboys-niners/10464402002/

[inserts, not part of original article,
included in brackets]

[ESPN FPI by Strength of Schedule, toughest to easiest:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/powerIndex/_/sort/fpi.avgsosrank/dir/asc ]

1. Eagles (1): A big reason for their 5-0 start? The
ability to sprint out to big leads before putting
teams away. Philadelphia's 92 2nd-quarter points
are the most in NFL history through 5 games &
68 more than their opponents have. Philly has not
trailed in the 2nd half all season.

[Sidenote - Per ESPN FPI, the Eagles have had
the 11th-easiest schedule thus far this season]

[Sidenote 2 - In week 4 versus the Jaguars, the
Eagles trailed by 14-0 in the 1st quarter before
scoring 20 in the 2nd quarter, a lead they strug-
gled to hold onto 'til the final 29-21 win, neither
team scoring in the 3rd quarter.]

[Sidenote 3 - In week 5 versus the Cardinals, the
Eagles came very close to a loss, the Cards fail-
ing on a field goal attempt from the 33 yard line
with 22 seconds left; of course, that would've
tied the game, so we can't know what would've
happened had the game gone into overtime.]

2. Bills (2): Their league-best +91 point differential
is nearly double the next-most dominant teams
(Eagles, 49ers both at +47). Next up, a trip to Kan-
sas City, where Buffalo won by 18 last season ... in
the regular season anyway.

[Sidenote - Per ESPN FPI, the Bills have had the
14th-toughest schedule thus far this season]

3. Chiefs (3): They began Monday celebrating Indi-
genous Peoples’ Day – a little weird considering
their nickname? – & ended it celebrating an escape
act from the Raiders, hard as the officials made that
task. [unmentioned during the broadcast, the possi-
bility the attempt at a 2-point conversion by the ...

... Raiders was actually good, the broadcasters
failed to focus on or mention the possibility the
runner got the ball over the end zone stripe when
he was tackled - it wasn't clear (to me) where the
ball was when the runners knee. From one angle ...

... I see his knee hit but don't know where the ball
is at when that happened (not yet to the end zone?
not clear to me); from another angle, I see the ball
over the end zone stripe but don't know where his
knee is at, those angles viewed at playback speed
0.25 selected by me at the following youtube link:
https://youtu.be/tkERyk2cDpA ]

[Sidenote - Per ESPN FPI, the Chiefs have had the
toughest schedule thus far this season]

4. Ravens (5): They finally notched a close win at
M&T Bank Stadium, snapping a 5-game losing streak
at home, thanks to K Justin Tucker. He's now con-
verted 61 consecutive field goals in the 4th quarter
or overtime. Unreal.

[Sidenote - Per ESPN FPI, the Ravens have had the
6th-toughest schedule thus far this season]

5. Cowboys (9): Their 4-game winning streak is the
longest in the league outside of Philadelphia. Sun-
day night's game in the [Philly] will be quite a litmus
test for both teams, though it's worth wondering if
a Dallas loss might ease the pressure cooker situ-
ation QB2 Cooper Rush has created for Dak Pres-
cott.

[Sidenote - Per ESPN FPI, the Cowboys have had
the 5th-toughest schedule thus far this season.]

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 1:12:20 PM UTC-5, observer wrote:

.> I haven't posted power rankings for
.> NFL teams since November 2021.
.> With the Cowboys recent & surpris-
.> ing successes, the following article
.> caught my attention:
.>
.> September 27 2022
.> https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2022/9/27/23373368/2022-nfl-week-4-power-rankings-dallas-cowboys-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills-baltimore-ravens
.>
.> 11 - Dallas Cowboys (Last Week: 20)
.>
.> ---
.>
.> In the ESPN Football Power Index
.> area, their FPI ranking has the Cow-
.> boys unusually low (24th), bad news:
.> https://www.espn.com/nfl/fpi
.>
.> However, in their Projected Wins area,
.> the Cowboys rank pretty good (9th),
.> good news:
.> https://www.espn.com/nfl/powerIndex/_/view/projections
.>
.> I suppose one can spin their rankings
.> in either a negative or a positive way,
.> depending on which of their rankings
.> one decides is most important.
.>