NFL suspends Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson for 5 games

observer

Sep 1, 2007, 2:38:28 PM9/1/07

---
September 1, 2007
http://tinyurl.com/374x2u
---

Excerpt:

... quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson has been
suspended by the NFL for the first five-regular
season games and fined $100,000 for violating
the league's policy on performance enhancing
substances.

According a statement by an NFL spokesperson,
Wilson acknowledged purchasing and using
prohibited substances for personal use only, but
did not distribute any prohibited substances to
other people and has ceased using these sub-
stances.

Wilson's suspension is effective immediately,
and he will be eligible to be reinstated Tuesday,
Oct. 9 - the week leading up to the Cowboys'
Oct. 14 home game against New England.

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett
and offensive assistant/quality control coach
Wes Phillips will handle Wilson's coaching
duties during his suspension.

"This situation is the result of an uninformed
decision that I made, and I accept responsi-
bility for my mistake," Wilson said. "My actions
were the result of trying to improve the quality
of my life based upon my 20-plus years of living
with diabetes."

--- end excerpt ---

WJ

Sep 1, 2007, 2:42:31 PM9/1/07
Suspended for taking stereos. You'd think
with his salary, he could afford to buy his
own stereo.

Venger

Sep 1, 2007, 5:06:45 PM9/1/07
observer wrote:
> ---
> September 1, 2007
> http://tinyurl.com/374x2u
> ---
>
> Excerpt:
>
> ... quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson has been
> suspended by the NFL for the first five-regular
> season games and fined $100,000 for violating
> the league's policy on performance enhancing
> substances.

WTF? Is this a joke? Wilson needs to be GONE.

Venger

GoMavs

Sep 1, 2007, 8:37:08 PM9/1/07

"Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message

Hardly! He is a coach... The rules should only apply to players.

WJ

Sep 1, 2007, 9:19:17 PM9/1/07

>> WTF? Is this a joke? Wilson needs to be GONE.
>>
>> Venger
>
> Hardly! He is a coach... The rules should only apply to players.

I think the idea is no banned substances period. The idea being
even coaches are in the public eye and it sends a bad message.

bush...@yahoo.com

Sep 1, 2007, 10:23:07 PM9/1/07

Sends a bad message?

Unless the NFL reported it to the press, we would never have known
about it so there is absolutely no message/

I can understand testing players for performance enhancing drugs but
not for recreational stuff and certainly not coaches for anything

Olin

Sep 1, 2007, 10:43:14 PM9/1/07

"Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message

Yeah... no tolerance at all. Never mind that there is a medical body of
thought that human growth hormone can be effective in controlling diabetes.

http://www.drcranton.com/hghart1.htm

The above is one of about 130,000 articles on the subject.

Here's another.

http://healthcare.utah.edu/healthinfo/pediatric/diabetes/ghd.htm

Suck it up, coach. Take your diabetes like a man. Die earlier than you might
have to, but do it without drugs from the list the NFL has deemed to be bad.

geotek

Sep 1, 2007, 10:52:39 PM9/1/07

"GoMavs" <Ma...@Mavericks.com> wrote in message
Right- if it's only the coach, that doesn't imply that he's supplying the
players, does it? You're too smart to be that stupid- drop the Jones dick
and come back to reality.
geotek

bush...@yahoo.com

Sep 2, 2007, 12:11:58 AM9/2/07

This is interesting since my doctor just gave me a perscription for a
nose spray with steroids in it

I asked him if I would be able to hit like Barry Bonds

Al Mundy

Sep 2, 2007, 12:27:29 AM9/2/07

"geotek" <y...@y.com> wrote in message

> "GoMavs" <Ma...@Mavericks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message

> >> WTF? Is this a joke? Wilson needs to be GONE.
> >>
> >> Venger
> >
> > Hardly! He is a coach... The rules should only apply to players.
> >
> Right- if it's only the coach, that doesn't imply that he's supplying the
> players, does it?

Does it? Did he have little packages made up with player's names on them? Or
20 kilos of it?

>You're too smart to be that stupid-

And you're not.

Preacher

Sep 2, 2007, 1:15:48 AM9/2/07
Olin <oli...@comcast.net> wrote:

Why does the league care about a coach taking performance enhancing
drugs? Are they afraid he'll get an edge over the opposition's coaches?

Gotta be a concern about his sharing them with players, but since
players get tested separately, I just don't see the point.

Olin

Sep 2, 2007, 1:33:06 AM9/2/07

<bush...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And his answer should have been, no, but you'll breathe better.

Nasal steroids are considered a topical application, and as such don't have
many, if any, of the expected side effects of steroid use

Olin

Sep 2, 2007, 1:34:35 AM9/2/07

"Preacher" <no...@way.com> wrote in message

The obvious difference between a court of law, where evidence actually has
to be presented and argued, and corporate policy, which basically amounts to
a Star Chamber. Even Michael Vick had the benefit of a court, a judge and a
few lawyers.

geotek

Sep 2, 2007, 3:00:33 AM9/2/07

"Olin" <oli...@comcast.net> wrote in message
You're missing the whole point- these drugs weren't prescribed by a real
physician, something you, or I, or any other legitimate user would use; they
were prescribe ILLEGALLY. This is just a small part of a much larger
investigation, part of which was responsible for 10 WWE (look, I don't give
a shit about 'wrasslin', I'm just stain' the facts) 'actors' getting
suspended. Wilson was part of the group that was implicated for receiving
ILLEGAL drugs.
I don't know why you D fans don't get it, but you can't buy drugs ILLEGALLY.
WTF?
You can draw up any scenario you want, (just like the 'medical marijuana'
group) but it's friggin ILLEGAL. He knew it, now he's paying for it. Quit
defending the dumbass.
geotek

Olin

Sep 2, 2007, 10:25:11 AM9/2/07

"geotek" <y...@y.com> wrote in message

Two years ago, when the incident in question happened, the policy under
which Wilson is suspended was merely an idea. And, it's policy, not quite
law. Ergo, they're banned substances, not quite the same thing as illegal
drugs. They're quite legal, and used for any number of valid treatments. In
another post, you opined that if a doctor had prescribed it (and for all you
or I know, a doctor may well have given him the advice to try it), he would
not have been suspended. Not quite true, as in other sports, most notably
the Olympics, many legitimate medicines are banned, even when being used
under doctors' orders.

If this is part of a "larger investigation," and there's evidence he
distributed the HGH (assuming that's really what it was), then we have a
different story. Care to point to that evidence? If such evidence exists,
I'm guessing Goodell would have handed him a lot longer suspension than
merely five games

> WTF?
> You can draw up any scenario you want, (just like the 'medical marijuana'
> group) but it's friggin ILLEGAL. He knew it, now he's paying for it.
> Quit defending the dumbass.
> geotek

Right. The accusation is quite enough. No need for any proof at all. As has
been noted, and as is quite obvious, even Michael Vick got a better shake
than this.

Tony Nichols

Sep 2, 2007, 3:27:36 PM9/2/07

"geotek" <y...@y.com> wrote in message

Then by the same logic the Reid boys are supplying various Eagle players.

Venger

Sep 2, 2007, 7:37:17 PM9/2/07
Olin wrote:

>>> ... quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson has been
>>> suspended by the NFL for the first five-regular
>>> season games and fined $100,000 for violating
>>> the league's policy on performance enhancing
>>> substances.
>> WTF? Is this a joke? Wilson needs to be GONE.
>>
>> Venger
>
> Yeah... no tolerance at all. Never mind that there is a medical body of
> thought that human growth hormone can be effective in controlling diabetes.

And there's a body of thought that the sport is rampant with steroid and
performance enhancing drug abuse. As a coach you can't get busted with
this stuff, and it's not like he produced a prescription for it.

> http://www.drcranton.com/hghart1.htm
>
> The above is one of about 130,000 articles on the subject.
>
> Here's another.
>
> http://healthcare.utah.edu/healthinfo/pediatric/diabetes/ghd.htm
>

> Suck it up, coach. Take your diabetes like a man. Die earlier than you might
> have to, but do it without drugs from the list the NFL has deemed to be bad.

Cry me a river, he ought to know better than as a coach in the NFL to be
fucking busted doing this stuff. Doesn't matter if my kids teacher has
chemotherapy, she shouldn't be bringing weed to school, GET IT?

Always some reason people can't do the right thing...

Venger

Olin

Sep 2, 2007, 9:27:48 PM9/2/07

>>> WTF? Is this a joke? Wilson needs to be GONE.
>>>
>>> Venger
>>
>> Yeah... no tolerance at all. Never mind that there is a medical body of
>> thought that human growth hormone can be effective in controlling
>> diabetes.
>
> And there's a body of thought that the sport is rampant with steroid and
> performance enhancing drug abuse. As a coach you can't get busted with
> this stuff, and it's not like he produced a prescription for it.

Not to pick nits, but he did not get "busted with it." He took the
medication, whatever it was, nearly two years ago, under advice he now says
was bad advice. There's no word on who gave him that advice. For all you and
I know, it well could have been his doctor.

>> http://www.drcranton.com/hghart1.htm
>>
>> The above is one of about 130,000 articles on the subject.
>>
>> Here's another.
>>
>> http://healthcare.utah.edu/healthinfo/pediatric/diabetes/ghd.htm
>>

>> Suck it up, coach. Take your diabetes like a man. Die earlier than you
>> might have to, but do it without drugs from the list the NFL has deemed
>> to be bad.
>
> Cry me a river, he ought to know better than as a coach in the NFL to be
> fucking busted doing this stuff. Doesn't matter if my kids teacher has
> chemotherapy, she shouldn't be bringing weed to school, GET IT?
>
> Always some reason people can't do the right thing...

Not even a little bit surprised, and always some reason that unreasonable
people never stop to consider the why, or sometimes even the what. In this
case, the what is still up for speculation, as I've not seen any conirmation
at all that it was A) steroids or B) specifically HGH

Hate to break this to you, but right and corporate policy are often at odds.
So, you'd rather have your child's teacher sick at her stomach all day
rather than take something advocated by her doctor to alleviate the
situation?

I work with a bunch of people who spend a lot of their time trying to deny
narcotic pain medication to seriously injured people, ostensibly in the name
of avoiding addiction. The reality is quite different. The insurance
carriers simply don't want to pay for it, and neither addiction nor the
injured person's comfort level have anything at all to do with it.

Goodell's attempts to clean up the NFL are laudable, but if you believe
everybody should be treated precisely the same with no regard to openess in
the investigation or the "why" of the matter, then we seriously disagree.
Please try to equate Wade Wilson trying to improve his quality of life with
diabetes to Lawrence Taylor's well-documented drug use, or Thomas
"Hollywood" Henderson snorting coke during a Super Bowl... or Mark Tuinei
cashing in high on a heroin overdose, or Brett Favre throwing up his Vicodin
and picking them out of the puke, washing 'em off a little and swallowing
them again.

Or, for that matter, that his brain's about to blow up, ala Lyle Alzado,
from years of steroid abuse.

Please. Try.

Venger

Sep 3, 2007, 12:24:11 AM9/3/07
Olin wrote:
> "Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> And there's a body of thought that the sport is rampant with steroid and
>> performance enhancing drug abuse. As a coach you can't get busted with
>> this stuff, and it's not like he produced a prescription for it.
>>

> Not to pick nits, but he did not get "busted with it." He took the
> medication, whatever it was, nearly two years ago, under advice he now says
> was bad advice. There's no word on who gave him that advice. For all you and
> I know, it well could have been his doctor.

If Wade Wilson was Barry Bonds coach, you'd be singing a different
bloody tune, that's for sure.

>> Always some reason people can't do the right thing...
>>

> Not even a little bit surprised, and always some reason that unreasonable
> people never stop to consider the why, or sometimes even the what. In this
> case, the what is still up for speculation, as I've not seen any conirmation
> at all that it was A) steroids or B) specifically HGH

We're all buying the diabetes bit hook, line, and sinker is it? And Nate
Newton had glaucoma. Who knows why he took it? Diabetes? Alot of folks
abusing this stuff without the benefit of insulin deficiency...

> Hate to break this to you, but right and corporate policy are often at odds.

Coach can't get caught with steroids - what if it was Lance Armstrongs
coach? The fact that there is no one-off scandal from Wilson doesn't
obviate the fact that a coach can't get caught, not in this league,
messing with this shit.

> So, you'd rather have your child's teacher sick at her stomach all day
> rather than take something advocated by her doctor to alleviate the
> situation?

Those are the options? How about staying the fuck away from my kids with
weed? Why is that so hard to grasp? If that's the only way to not be
sick, then I guess you'll have to not be sick somewhere besides my kids
grade school. If Wade has to shoot up a steroid cocktail, he ought to be
doing it hell and gone from a sport that has serious questions about
abusing same.

> I work with a bunch of people who spend a lot of their time trying to deny
> narcotic pain medication to seriously injured people, ostensibly in the name
> of avoiding addiction. The reality is quite different. The insurance
> carriers simply don't want to pay for it, and neither addiction nor the
> injured person's comfort level have anything at all to do with it.
>
> Goodell's attempts to clean up the NFL are laudable, but if you believe
> everybody should be treated precisely the same with no regard to openess in
> the investigation or the "why" of the matter, then we seriously disagree.
> Please try to equate Wade Wilson trying to improve his quality of life with
> diabetes to Lawrence Taylor's well-documented drug use, or Thomas
> "Hollywood" Henderson snorting coke during a Super Bowl... or Mark Tuinei
> cashing in high on a heroin overdose, or Brett Favre throwing up his Vicodin
> and picking them out of the puke, washing 'em off a little and swallowing
> them again.

He cannot be around that stuff and around the NFL - it's RIDICULOUS. The
fact that he is admitting "poor judgement" is testament to this obvious
fact. He understands WHY it is a problem. Because it IS.

> Or, for that matter, that his brain's about to blow up, ala Lyle Alzado,
> from years of steroid abuse.
>
> Please. Try.

I don't have to fucking try, he's ADMITTED to it being a stupid thing to
do. A coach cannot get involved in this stuff, NOBODY connected to the
sport can, it's an enormous tar baby that nobody wants to touch. If he
needs it for treatment, then he has to get special dispensation from the
league.

Right now, we just know that a Cowboys coach got in trouble with
performance enhancing drugs. Diabetes or not, he scored some stuff for
personal use. And that is a shadow that doesn't need casting on my team.

Get an insulin inhaler...

Venger

Olin

Sep 3, 2007, 12:49:59 AM9/3/07

> Olin wrote:
>> "Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> And there's a body of thought that the sport is rampant with steroid and
>>> performance enhancing drug abuse. As a coach you can't get busted with
>>> this stuff, and it's not like he produced a prescription for it.
>>>

>> Not to pick nits, but he did not get "busted with it." He took the
>> medication, whatever it was, nearly two years ago, under advice he now
>> says was bad advice. There's no word on who gave him that advice. For all
>> you and I know, it well could have been his doctor.
>
> If Wade Wilson was Barry Bonds coach, you'd be singing a different bloody
> tune, that's for sure.

If it were personal use, and for a verifiable medical condition, I'm
guessing I might find some compassion for the individual. After all, the
"why" of a situation is also important.

>>> Always some reason people can't do the right thing...
>>>

>> Not even a little bit surprised, and always some reason that unreasonable
>> people never stop to consider the why, or sometimes even the what. In
>> this case, the what is still up for speculation, as I've not seen any
>> conirmation at all that it was A) steroids or B) specifically HGH
>
> We're all buying the diabetes bit hook, line, and sinker is it? And Nate
> Newton had glaucoma. Who knows why he took it? Diabetes? Alot of folks
> abusing this stuff without the benefit of insulin deficiency...
>
>> Hate to break this to you, but right and corporate policy are often at
>> odds.
>
> Coach can't get caught with steroids - what if it was Lance Armstrongs
> coach? The fact that there is no one-off scandal from Wilson doesn't
> obviate the fact that a coach can't get caught, not in this league,
> messing with this shit.
>
>> So, you'd rather have your child's teacher sick at her stomach all day
>> rather than take something advocated by her doctor to alleviate the
>> situation?
>
> Those are the options? How about staying the fuck away from my kids with
> weed? Why is that so hard to grasp? If that's the only way to not be sick,
> then I guess you'll have to not be sick somewhere besides my kids grade
> school. If Wade has to shoot up a steroid cocktail, he ought to be doing
> it hell and gone from a sport that has serious questions about abusing
> same.

Nitwit, they're the options YOU presented, and please note I did NOT repeat
your claim of weed. Specifically what I said was "rather than take something
advocated by her doctor." Weed is NOT the only anti-nausea drug, though it
is advocated by a good number of doctors... but I see you glom onto that as
your straw man of choice.

>> I work with a bunch of people who spend a lot of their time trying to
>> deny narcotic pain medication to seriously injured people, ostensibly in
>> the name of avoiding addiction. The reality is quite different. The
>> insurance carriers simply don't want to pay for it, and neither addiction
>> nor the injured person's comfort level have anything at all to do with
>> it.
>>
>> Goodell's attempts to clean up the NFL are laudable, but if you believe
>> everybody should be treated precisely the same with no regard to openess
>> in the investigation or the "why" of the matter, then we seriously
>> disagree. Please try to equate Wade Wilson trying to improve his quality
>> of life with diabetes to Lawrence Taylor's well-documented drug use, or
>> Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson snorting coke during a Super Bowl... or Mark
>> Tuinei cashing in high on a heroin overdose, or Brett Favre throwing up
>> his Vicodin and picking them out of the puke, washing 'em off a little
>> and swallowing them again.
>
> He cannot be around that stuff and around the NFL - it's RIDICULOUS. The
> fact that he is admitting "poor judgement" is testament to this obvious
> fact. He understands WHY it is a problem. Because it IS.

And, the incident occurred two years ago, before Goodell's policy was
anything more than a dream. How 'bout we dig up everybody ever suspected of
doing something we don't particularly care for now and haul 'em up on
charges

As for Wilson's admission, what the hell is he going to do? It's not a law.
It's a corporate policy. He's not being charged with a crime. He's being
charged with violation of a corporate policy. It doesn't matter whether he
admits to anything or not. Does him no harm. Does him no good. Was he
advised to take whatever he took by a doctor? I have no frigging clue and
neither do you. None of this was decided on anything but an accusation
because his name shows up on a list. He cops to doing something now that he
had no clue was in violation of league policy. There was no defense. None.
Zip. Diddly squat. Nada.

What does he get for his honesty in the "investigation?" Damned near the
same as TCU when they turned themselves in for violating NCAA rules a few
years back.

Is there really any wonder at all why a jerk like Barry Bonds will go to his
grave in all likelihood claiming he did nothing wrong at all? What's to gain
by standing up like a man and saying, yeah I bought this,I used this, it did
not work and I quit taking it and destroyed what was left?

He gave a plausible explanation, one that apparently even Roger Goodell
believed. Yet without being privy to anything other than news accounts, you
don't.

I feel sorry for you that you cannot see the possibility of reasonable doubt
when it is so goddamned blatantly obvious!

Venger

Sep 3, 2007, 11:23:22 AM9/3/07
Olin wrote:
> "Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> If Wade Wilson was Barry Bonds coach, you'd be singing a different bloody
>> tune, that's for sure.
>>

> If it were personal use, and for a verifiable medical condition, I'm
> guessing I might find some compassion for the individual. After all, the
> "why" of a situation is also important.

Who would possibly believe it, this particular convenience? This is the
problem, pro sports has to maintain a distance from this junk. If Wilson
has to do it, then it has to be above board and with league dispensation.

>> Those are the options? How about staying the fuck away from my kids with
>> weed? Why is that so hard to grasp? If that's the only way to not be sick,
>> then I guess you'll have to not be sick somewhere besides my kids grade
>> school. If Wade has to shoot up a steroid cocktail, he ought to be doing
>> it hell and gone from a sport that has serious questions about abusing
>> same.
>>

> Nitwit, they're the options YOU presented, and please note I did NOT repeat
> your claim of weed.

!?!? WTF is your malfunction? If it's freaking Pepto Bismol then there
is no problem is there? The problem is the PRODUCT and the PROXIMITY,
the WHY doesn't fucking matter. Nobody gives a shit of the teacher is
taking a GD Dramamine, they DO care if she's rolling her own in the
teachers lounge, for ANY reason. Because you DON'T SMOKE WEED AROUND
GRADE SCHOOLERS - there is no why, Jesus Christ get this already...

This is why you DON'T DO P.E.D's around sports, the proximity is a HUGE
problem, and you sure as hell don't sneak it and procure it in some back
alley. "Uh, yeah officer, it's for my diabetes". This isn't Brad Sham
doing them, it's a freaking COACH. That's an enormous no no.

> Specifically what I said was "rather than take something
> advocated by her doctor." Weed is NOT the only anti-nausea drug, though it
> is advocated by a good number of doctors... but I see you glom onto that as
> your straw man of choice.

You've completely lost your way in this discussion... zeal rarely leads
to coherency.

>> He cannot be around that stuff and around the NFL - it's RIDICULOUS. The
>> fact that he is admitting "poor judgement" is testament to this obvious
>> fact. He understands WHY it is a problem. Because it IS.
>>

> And, the incident occurred two years ago, before Goodell's policy was
> anything more than a dream.

Wait, two years ago it was a good idea to be scoring HGH and other shit
like that? Only NOW is it a problem? Situational Ethics called, Line 2
for you...Guess the fact Barry Bonds has done more HGH than a family of
midgets isn't a problem because it wasn't what, illegal?

> How 'bout we dig up everybody ever suspected of
> doing something we don't particularly care for now and haul 'em up on
> charges

This non-sequitur is non-sensical as well, WTF does it matter WHEN he
did the wrong thing, it's bloody well STILL the wrong thing.

> As for Wilson's admission, what the hell is he going to do? It's not a law.
> It's a corporate policy. He's not being charged with a crime. He's being
> charged with violation of a corporate policy. It doesn't matter whether he
> admits to anything or not. Does him no harm. Does him no good. Was he
> advised to take whatever he took by a doctor? I have no frigging clue and
> neither do you. None of this was decided on anything but an accusation
> because his name shows up on a list. He cops to doing something now that he
> had no clue was in violation of league policy. There was no defense. None.
> Zip. Diddly squat. Nada.
>
> What does he get for his honesty in the "investigation?" Damned near the
> same as TCU when they turned themselves in for violating NCAA rules a few
> years back.
>
> Is there really any wonder at all why a jerk like Barry Bonds will go to his
> grave in all likelihood claiming he did nothing wrong at all? What's to gain
> by standing up like a man and saying, yeah I bought this,I used this, it did
> not work and I quit taking it and destroyed what was left?
>
> He gave a plausible explanation, one that apparently even Roger Goodell
> believed. Yet without being privy to anything other than news accounts, you
> don't.

Who said I don't? I am not privy to the evidence, but you BLINDLY refuse
to see the problem in the first place, that REGARDLESS OF MERIT, a
professional sports coach shouldn't be scoring PEDs.

> I feel sorry for you that you cannot see the possibility of reasonable doubt
> when it is so goddamned blatantly obvious!

And an incoherent conclusion to the rambling. His guilt or innocence is
NOT IN QUESTION, dimbulb. He has ADMITTED to the act. You are hung up on
his justification for doing something WRONG, I am hung up on his act
that is particularly pernicious considering his profession.

Venger

will(from the reality based community)

Sep 3, 2007, 11:46:10 AM9/3/07
On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:38:28 -0500, "observer" <obse...@shinyfeet.com>
wrote:

>---
>September 1, 2007
> http://tinyurl.com/374x2u
>---
>
>Excerpt:
>
>... quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson has been
>suspended by the NFL for the first five-regular
>season games and fined $100,000 for violating
>the league's policy on performance enhancing
>substances.

The first I heard of this on the radio, they were talking about a
Cowboys coach named Wade being suspended for using HGH and I wondered
why Wade Phiilips was using the stuff because it sure didn't help his
physique.

observer

Sep 3, 2007, 12:26:44 PM9/3/07

"will(from the reality based community)" <will...@canoemail.com>
wrote in message

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:38:28 -0500, "observer" <obse...@shinyfeet.com>
> wrote:
>

> >---
> >September 1, 2007
> > http://tinyurl.com/374x2u
> >---
> >
> >Excerpt:
> >
> >... quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson has been
> >suspended by the NFL for the first five-regular
> >season games and fined $100,000 for violating
> >the league's policy on performance enhancing
> >substances.
>
> The first I heard of this on the radio, they were talking about a
> Cowboys coach named Wade being suspended for using HGH
> and I wondered why Wade Phillips was using the stuff because

> it sure didn't help his physique.

Well, HGH does = Human *Growth* Hormone

As for HGH and its impact on Diabetes, not
familiar with that, though I can certainly empa-
thize with Wade Wilson being tempted to try
something like that to try to help him offset the
long-term adverse impacts of battling Diabetes.

Medications *do* impact Diabetes, in some-
times unpublicized ways. For example, a couple
of years ago, going on a couple of anti-depres-
sant meds (Wellbutrin XL and Mirtazapine),
shortly thereafter, I had an increased propen-
sity to have low blood sugar events (uncon-
sciousness) without being able to sense that
they were on the way.

That impact lasted several months after I dis-
continued taking the meds.

As I've mentioned before, of course, those
meds, I'm extremely grateful they worked to
conquer the depression I had suffered from
almost my entire life, and I encourage every-
one suffering from depression to seek help,
serious help if necessary, and to try not to
be overly discouraged if a particular med or
meds don't work, as there are plenty out there,
and keep searching until you (and your doctor
or other helping entity, if any) find the one(s)
that work(s).

---

Olin

Sep 3, 2007, 1:28:20 PM9/3/07

"Venger" <ven...@augustmail.com> wrote in message

Better to have lost a way than to have never had one, save for the inerrency
of the rules.

Problem is you're not paying attention, as usual. My issue is with the way
corporate policy is implemented, not whether Wade Wilson broke it or not.
Obviously he did, and I've not even hinted that he didn't.

If there's a valid explantion, and in this case, even Roger Goodell rather
obviously believes Wade's explanation to be valid, then you've got some gray
area. That you cannot possibly see that IS the problem here. Believe what
you damned well will. I don't freaking care.