One down...

dvaoa

Jan 9, 2021, 5:17:23 PM1/9/21
I honestly thought this was going to go into OT...Jesus Christ.

Colts played really well IMO. This win is entirely on Allen's shoulders...he was under siege all afternoon, the O-line was a sieve. On the other side, zero pressure on Old man Rivers?? Come on...WTF. Running game - MIA.

If we ever have to to face the Titans & Henry? What do you think that guy will do given the shabby tackling?

I like what Reich is doing over there. Building a solid foundation with very stout O & D-lines...that'll make them a perennial contender.

Bottom line, by my own definition, with the first playoff win, the season is officially a success.

-d

Doc

Jan 9, 2021, 10:28:40 PM1/9/21
dvaoa <dv...@altavista.com> wrote in
I thought this game would be a cake walk. The Colts played a hell of a
lot better than I thought they would. The refs almost let them take it
to OT or win it with that crooked non-fumble call but thankfully the
Bills overcame them.

Josh was a force out there. Led the team in passing and rushing and
became the first player in playoff history to record 300+ yards passing,
50+ yards rushing and complete 70%+ of his passes. So much for being
inaccurate. The fumble was bad but thankfully it didn't hurt them and
is a teaching point. Diggs, Davis and Beasley were huge.

The defense did well despite giving up a lot of yards by limiting the
Colts to 10 points until the 4th quarter. They'll need to tighten-up a
lot if the team is to go past next weekend when they'll almost assuredly
face the Steelers.

As for the Colts, they spun their wheels with Rivers. He could never
take the Chargers to the SB on a loaded team and he's nearing the end.
Unless they hit on a QB in the later 1st or later rounds, they'll be
spinning their wheels some more, wasting their talent.

And yes, great to get the playoff win monkey off their backs. But
there's still more to do.

Doc

dvaoa

Jan 10, 2021, 10:46:08 AM1/10/21
I didn't think it would be a cakewalk, mainly because their D is really good. I just didn't expect their O to be so effective, and kudos to Reich for recognizing they could shred the Bills' D with TE formations. As far as Rivers is concerned, you gotta give him credit for not throwing a couple of catastrophic INT's like he's always done in games that mattered.

I guess I can subscribe the the D&C take that it's a good sign this team can win a playoff game even when they don't play well.

I'm still amazed at Allen's progress from year 2 to year 3. I never saw that coming.

I don't think anyone will be clamoring for Leslie Frasier as HC. If there's a market for him, I think I'd really like to see Lynn come back.

One more thing about Reich and the Colts...watch them going forward. If they can find a franchise QB...look out.

-d

Steve Douglas

Jan 10, 2021, 5:02:15 PM1/10/21

"dvaoa" <dv...@altavista.com> wrote in message
> [...]
The Bills were a bit lucky to win. The Colts left 6 points on the field
(they should have kicked a FG on 4th and goal, and they doinked another very
makeable FG). I wasn't too surprised with the performance of Rivers. He was
good all year except for the opener against the Jags and probably one other
game. One of the reasons Rivers went there was the O-line. He is as mobile
as a cow stuck in the mud and needs a decent O-line. The Chargers had a
sub-par O-line for years and the Colts have a very good line.

Allen was better on the day though.

The Titans lost to the Ravens today so the Bills don't need to worry about
them. I'm not worried about either the Ravens or Steelers/Browns so this
should set up an AFC title game between the Bills and the Chiefs.

Steve

Steve Douglas

Jan 10, 2021, 5:10:09 PM1/10/21

"Doc" <D...@Doc.com> wrote in message

> As for the Colts, they spun their wheels with Rivers. He could never
> take the Chargers to the SB on a loaded team and he's nearing the end.
> Unless they hit on a QB in the later 1st or later rounds, they'll be
> spinning their wheels some more, wasting their talent.

The "loaded" Chargers teams would have been 2006-2007 when the path to the
Superbowl went through the Pats or the Colts.

Rivers was starting QB for the Chargers from 2006 to 2019. If your knock on
him is that he could never get to a Superbowl, I have the following words
for you:

J.P. Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, E.J. Manuel,
Kyle Orton, Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman

Steve