Did Robert Smith finish school?

j.carlson1

Jul 10, 2003, 10:08:29 PM7/10/03
I was watching an old game tape last night. Boy, do I miss seeing Robert
Smith!

Did he ever go back to school to be a doctor?

Rus

Jul 10, 2003, 10:21:11 PM7/10/03
In article <x_oPa.31563$ye4.22440@sccrnsc01>, j.car...@mchsi.com
says...

> I was watching an old game tape last night. Boy, do I miss seeing Robert
> Smith!
>
> Did he ever go back to school to be a doctor?

Yeah, he took classes during the offseasons while he was playing, got
his degree several years ago. Picked up another degree in Astronomy,
as well.

--
-Rus

John

Jul 10, 2003, 10:26:09 PM7/10/03

"j.carlson1" <j.car...@mchsi.com> wrote in message

> I was watching an old game tape last night. Boy, do I miss seeing Robert
> Smith!
>
> Did he ever go back to school to be a doctor?

Good question, I don't know. He never earned any degree prior to joining the
Vikings so he'd be quite a distance from a M.D. at this point even if he
did.

So many of these guys with great potential find themselves with a healthy
bank account an never follow through on other career plans. Can't blame them
really I guess, but it seems sort of lazy for young people. One pro player
who returned to school after his career was over was Bobby Smith, former
North Star and Hab (NHL) - I always admired him for that. I hope Robert
Smith will do the same.

John

Sam

Jul 11, 2003, 12:45:56 AM7/11/03
"j.carlson1" <j.car...@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> I was watching an old game tape last night. Boy, do I miss seeing Robert
> Smith!
> Did he ever go back to school to be a doctor?

When Robert Smith retired from the Vikings in the summer of 2001 he still
did not have his undergraduate degree from Ohio State. He "pursued" a
history degree at Ohio State, but he did not have a degree as of the summer
of 2001.

Rus

Jul 11, 2003, 1:36:33 AM7/11/03
In article <3f0e414f$0$87886$9a6e...@news.newshosting.com>, x@y.z
says...

Every "recent" story I've seen refers to him having a history degree.
He minored in astronomy, which I had read somewhere that he had attained
an AS. (Hard finding good reports about this on the web, so I can't
easily run out, find what I read, and link to it.)

As far as the medical degree, I'm not sure about that. I believe he
attempted to finish up, but at that point his interests began to move
from medical studies to astronomy and history.

--
-Rus

Zach

Jul 11, 2003, 1:15:51 PM7/11/03

"j.carlson1" <j.car...@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> I was watching an old game tape last night. Boy, do I miss seeing Robert
> Smith!
>
> Did he ever go back to school to be a doctor?

Last time I heard, he was kicken back spending money. This was a while ago,
he's probably either back in school or working somewhere. I don't think
he's in medical school.

Tammy

Jul 13, 2003, 6:35:07 PM7/13/03

Robert Smith is definitely a very intelligent guy!

Tammy
http://www.bumperpugs.1colony.com
This web site about Pugs and is
under construction. If you're one