Seattle Turd-stabber Mayor Ed Murray resigns after fifth claim of sexual abuse

Amused

Sep 18, 2017, 6:18:31 PM9/18/17
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray (D), embattled by child sex-abuse
allegations, will resign Wednesday.

Murray’s spokesman, William Lemke, told The Washington Post that
the resignation takes effect at 5 p.m.

The announcement comes just hours after the Seattle Times
reported new allegations that Murray, 62, sexually abused a
relative in the 1970s. That relative, a cousin, was the fifth
man to publicly accuse the mayor of sexual assault, the
newspaper reported.

Murray continues to deny the accusations.

“While the allegations against me are not true, it is important
that my personal issues do not affect the ability of our City
government to conduct the public’s business,” he said in a
written statement released Tuesday.

Elected mayor in 2013, Murray dropped his reelection bid in May,
after the first four men claimed he had sexually abused them
years earlier, when they were teenagers.

One of the men filed a lawsuit against the mayor in April,
alleging that Murray “repeatedly criminally raped and molested”
him when he was a homeless 15-year-old in the 1980s.

But Murray, a nationally known champion of gay rights and
progressive causes, had resisted calls to resign.

Seattle is home to nearly 715,000 people and one of the nation’s
fastest-growing economies, fueled in large part by the steady
expansion of the major tech firms headquartered there.

City Council President Bruce Harrell will step in to serve as
mayor. Seattle’s charter gives him five days to decide whether
to remain through the rest of Murray’s term, Harrell announced
in a statement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-
nation/wp/2017/09/12/seattle-mayor-ed-murray-resigns-amid-
mounting-sexual-abuse-allegations/?utm_term=.d88872e66586