لم تعُد "مجموعات Google" تتيح المشاركات أو الاشتراكات الجديدة من Usenet. وسيبقى بالإمكان عرض المحتوى السابق.

Lawsuit Alleges Turd-Stabber Seattle Mayor Ed Murray Raped Teen 30 Years Ago

0 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Amused

غير مقروءة،
18‏/09‏/2017، 8:05:04 م18‏/9‏/2017
إلى
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray is being sued by a man who claims Murray
"raped and molested him" three decades ago, when the man was 15
years old.

The mayor held a brief news conference Friday to deny the
allegations.

"To be on the receiving end of such untrue allegations is very
painful for me. It is painful for my husband and for those who
are close to us," he told reporters. "I understand the person
making these accusations is troubled, and that makes me sad as
well."

The Seattle Times has investigated this claim in depth, along
with the stories of two other men who also say Murray abused
them when they were young. According to the Times report, too
much time has passed to file criminal charges, but the same is
not true for a civil suit.

Earlier in the week, the mayor's spokesman said the suit was
politically motivated. "It is not a coincidence that this
shakedown effort comes within weeks of the campaign filing
deadline," Jeff Reading said in a statement reported by The
Associated Press.

Murray, 61, is a progressive mayor, and has been serving in that
role since 2014. He had previously served in the state
legislature for 18 years, where he led a long campaign to
legalize same-sex marriage in Washington. As mayor, he pushed
through a measure to raise Seattle's minimum wage to $15 an hour.

"Things have never come easy to me in life but I have never
backed down and I will not back down now," Murray said in his
news conference. "I will continue to be mayor of this city. I
will continue to run for re-election."

He declined to take questions, saying this is now a matter for
the courts to resolve.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-
way/2017/04/08/523116134/lawsuit-alleges-seattle-mayor-ed-murray-
raped-teen-30-years-ago

0 رسالة جديدة