SEATTLE AIN'T SHIT (neither is Houston, or NY, etc...)

1 view

STEVE HUNTSMAN

Apr 30, 1994, 2:48:56 AM4/30/94
1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing without a go-to-guy.
Those who think of Houston here need to remind themselves that Hakeem *is* the
Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry.

2. New York is too old, Atlanta is weak; both have good coaches but are on the
brink of collapse if they run into any trouble. The Bulls(hit) will come out
of the East, as if anyone cares since they'll lose in the Finals to Phoenix.

3. Phoenix is the best team in the NBA now. If they don't pull that schizo
shit, nobody can stop them. Of course, they will pull it; regardless, our
offense will win it if those weaklings Majerle and Ceballos don't fuck up too
badly on the defensive end.

marc echeveste

Apr 30, 1994, 2:39:58 PM4/30/94
In article <94119.23...@ASUACAD.BITNET> STEVE HUNTSMAN <ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET> writes:
>1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing without a go-to-guy.
>Those who think of Houston here need to remind themselves that Hakeem *is* the
>Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry.
>
>2. New York is too old, Atlanta is weak; both have good coaches but are on the
>brink of collapse if they run into any trouble. The Bulls(hit) will come out
>of the East, as if anyone cares since they'll lose in the Finals to Phoenix.

Chicago? No way.

>3. Phoenix is the best team in the NBA now. If they don't pull that schizo
>shit, nobody can stop them. Of course, they will pull it; regardless, our
>offense will win it if those weaklings Majerle and Ceballos don't fuck up too

Huh? I can maybe see you saying that about Ceballos, but Majerle is probably
our best defensive player.

>badly on the defensive end.

Marc Echeveste - University of Notre Dame - Class of '95 - Echev...@nd.edu
Go Irish! Go Suns! Go Sun Devils! Go Cardinals! ND 31 - Nat'l Champs 24
Phoenix Suns Server - http://www.nd.edu/StudentLinks/mecheves/suns/suns.html

matt young

May 2, 1994, 4:31:00 PM5/2/94
> STEVE HUNTSMAN, ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET writes:
>1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing
without a go-to-guy.
>Those who think of Houston here need to remind themselves that
Hakeem *is* the
>Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry.

What exactly do you mean when you say "HAKEEM (got to give the
man respect) is the Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry." The word
"sans" means without, so I guess you are saying that HAKEEM is
the Rockets without Maxwell and Horry. The fact is that we do
have Max and Horry, so what are you saying. All I want to know
is who is going to stop HAKEEM? Oliver Miller? Please!! The
Blazers are finding the dilemna that if you double or triple
team HAKEEM then you will get burned by the threes (as
evidenced by the 9 three-pointers made in game 1), and if you
single cover HAKEEM (that hardly seems fair) then he will Dream
Shake all over you all night long (as evidenced by his 46
points in game 2).
Stop talking about Seattle and start worrying about the
Rockets, because we're taking no prisoners. I guess we'll see
y'all next week.

How Sweet It Is!
Matt Young

Ed Lawson

May 2, 1994, 11:02:49 PM5/2/94
STEVE HUNTSMAN (ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET) wrote:
: 1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing without a go-to-guy

... Uh NO TEAM IS SHIT W/O A GO TO GUY!! TEAMS LOSE WITHOUT ONE!! It's just
the depth of the go to man that wins ballgames, or for that reasons c
championships. Seattle does have a very good go to guy in Shawn Kemp, but
Schrempf is very good, and Payton is very good, they can kill you with depth.

I do think Phoenix is the best team in the game now, because they appear to
have the depth, and what we do not have at center, we make up for all too well
in forward. Plus guards: KJ!! MAJARLE!! what else can you say except Ainge...

Ed Lawson

marc echeveste

May 2, 1994, 8:52:06 PM5/2/94
In article <2q3nu4$n...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu> matt young <otil...@utxsvs.cc.utexas.edu> writes:
>> STEVE HUNTSMAN, ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET writes:
>>1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing
>without a go-to-guy.
>>Those who think of Houston here need to remind themselves that
>Hakeem *is* the
>>Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry.
>
>What exactly do you mean when you say "HAKEEM (got to give the
>man respect) is the Rockets, sans Maxwell and Horry." The word
>"sans" means without, so I guess you are saying that HAKEEM is
>the Rockets without Maxwell and Horry. The fact is that we do
>have Max and Horry, so what are you saying. All I want to know
>is who is going to stop HAKEEM? Oliver Miller? Please!! The

In Game 2 of the Houston-Portland Series, it looked like Chris Dudley was
doing a decent job against Hakeem. With West, Miller, Kleine and possibly
Green and Barkley, the should be able to keep Olajuwon from scoring every
posession. Seriously, they should do a decent job.

>Blazers are finding the dilemna that if you double or triple
>team HAKEEM then you will get burned by the threes (as
>evidenced by the 9 three-pointers made in game 1), and if you

It depends on where the double team is coming from. Not everyone can hit the
three, besides, even if you double off a shooter, you can deny the pass if
you cover correctly. I'm not saying that we won't get burned ocassionaly, but
we aren't Portland, either.

>single cover HAKEEM (that hardly seems fair) then he will Dream
>Shake all over you all night long (as evidenced by his 46
>points in game 2).

Well, 46 points alone won't beat the Suns. They can certainly use the Jordan
philosophy... Let Olajuwon get his and stop everyone else. Since the Rockets
don't really have a Pippen caliber threat, the scheme should work pretty well.
Besides, if the Suns get into a running game, it's all over for the Rockets.

>Stop talking about Seattle and start worrying about the
>Rockets, because we're taking no prisoners. I guess we'll see
>y'all next week.

Very true. Houston IS going to be tough. Let's see if Maxwell's "Silver
Hammer" and Hakeem's "Dream Shake" is enough to counter Sir Charles' charge,
KJ's quick-as-lighting drives, and Thunder Dan's Lightning...

>How Sweet It Is!
>Matt Young

marc echeveste

May 3, 1994, 4:09:31 AM5/3/94
In article <2q4esp$b...@csugrad.cs.vt.edu> edla...@csugrad.cs.vt.edu (Ed Lawson) writes:
>STEVE HUNTSMAN (ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET) wrote:
>: 1. It's been said time and again, but Seattle is nothing without a go-to-guy
>
>... Uh NO TEAM IS SHIT W/O A GO TO GUY!! TEAMS LOSE WITHOUT ONE!! It's just
>the depth of the go to man that wins ballgames, or for that reasons c
>championships. Seattle does have a very good go to guy in Shawn Kemp, but
>Schrempf is very good, and Payton is very good, they can kill you with depth.

As Orlando and Shaq proved tonight, you DO need more than a go to guy.
However, if you have the depth, you can be in the position where a go to guy
makes a difference. Seattle has a number of great players that can hit a
big shot. However, With 5 seconds on the clock, who do you want taking the
shot? Kemp? Not with his inconsistant jumper. Pierce? Maybe. Depth will
get you to a certain point, but Barkley gets paid to take the final shot in
game 6 of the San Antonio series last year, for example.

>I do think Phoenix is the best team in the game now, because they appear to
>have the depth, and what we do not have at center, we make up for all too well

The Suns aren't that bad in center. They certainly aren't dominating, but
then again, Seattle doesn't have a true center either. We have 18 fouls in the
middle, so I'd say we're in good shape.

>in forward. Plus guards: KJ!! MAJARLE!! what else can you say except Ainge...

Ainge is a tested veteran. He hit some key shots in the 2nd Golden State game,
and is a really tough, hard working player. Majerle is a great defender,
can hit the three, as well as drive to the basket (which he doesn't do enough
of anymore, IMHO), and KJ is incredible when he decides to drive to the
basket instead of always looking for the jumper. When he drives and THEN
hits the jumper, he is unstoppable. If you guard him too close, he blows
past you. If you give him some room, he hits the 18 footer.

The Suns are stocked at forward, too. Barkley, Green, Ceballos, Dumas
(if he returns). When Barkley retires, Green can pick up the rebounding
duties, though they need another big power forward. Ceballos is
incredible, and Dumas will be too if he recovers.

>Ed Lawson

Go Suns! Sweep the Warriors!

Ed Lawson

May 3, 1994, 10:26:33 AM5/3/94
: The Suns are stocked at forward, too. Barkley, Green, Ceballos, Dumas
: (if he returns). When Barkley retires, Green can pick up the rebounding
: duties, though they need another big power forward. Ceballos is
: incredible, and Dumas will be too if he recovers.

Another power forward?? Would it be sweet or what if we could get Horace
Grant?? Then we really could beat up on the bull(shit). I hate the bulls

I HAVE MY BROOOM OUT BOYS!! I'M ABOUT READY TO SWEEEEEEEPP!!!
Ed Lawson

marc echeveste

May 3, 1994, 4:02:39 PM5/3/94
In article <2q5mup$g...@csugrad.cs.vt.edu> edla...@csugrad.cs.vt.edu (Ed Lawson) writes:

> Another power forward?? Would it be sweet or what if we could get Horace
>Grant?? Then we really could beat up on the bull(shit). I hate the bulls

Eww. The thought of having to cheer for Horace Grant makes me want to toss
my lunch. He'd be a pretty good addition, regardless.

>I HAVE MY BROOOM OUT BOYS!! I'M ABOUT READY TO SWEEEEEEEPP!!!

Well, we'll find out Wednesday, but I wouldn't count on it...

>Ed Lawson

Stacy Orth

May 2, 1994, 5:21:00 PM5/2/94
matt young (otil...@utxsvs.cc.utexas.edu) wrote:

Well, Matt, I've got to agree with you on two points. Hakeem is
awesome. The Suns are going to have some problems if they don't
switch-out quickly. Look for Kline, West and Oliver to share their
18 fouls keeping Hakeem away from the hoop.

Second, all this talk about Seattle is premature. Last thing the
Suns want to do is look past an excellent Houston team!

Stacy
GO SUNS!

--
The fountain of content must spring up in the mind... S. Orth

STEVE HUNTSMAN

May 6, 1994, 1:48:25 AM5/6/94
Majerle *is* our best D-man--when he feels like it.

Last season in game 6 of the Finals Dan let Mike drive without even trying to
take a charge, and not for an overabundance of fouls. Majerle just didn't
show up on the defensive end. (Of course, Ced *never* plays D...)

Thunder Dan's game has grossly deteriorated with his new role in the team; he's
become too inconsistent and only rarely penetrates more than twice a game.

But when he does, I'll grant you that he's the best defensive off guard in the
Pacific Division. But all this is merely argumentative. We're still gonna win

Nick Gansner

May 7, 1994, 9:28:50 PM5/7/94
In article <94119.23...@ASUACAD.BITNET>
STEVE HUNTSMAN <ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET> writes:

> our
> offense will win it if those weaklings Majerle and Ceballos don't fuck up too
> badly on the defensive end.

Never, never, rip on Thunder.

Yes!!! The pathetic Sonics have blown a great season to the even more
pathetic Nuggets. The Houston series will be tough, but Phoenix just
has more weapons than the Rockets. They will pull it out. Phoenix in
six. After that, Utah or Denver; who cares? Neither one is deep
enough to give Thunder and company any trouble. We are looking good and
Charles wants it bad. Go Suns!!!

Nick Gansner '97 Dartmouth College
Jan. 1, 1994, Pasadena, CA: Wisconsin 21, UCLA 16.
"Guns and Peanut Butter!" Hayduke roared.
Nick.G...@dartmouth.edu

marc echeveste

May 8, 1994, 3:06:47 AM5/8/94
In article <94125.22...@ASUACAD.BITNET> STEVE HUNTSMAN <ID...@ASUACAD.BITNET> writes:
>Majerle *is* our best D-man--when he feels like it.
>
>Last season in game 6 of the Finals Dan let Mike drive without even trying to
>take a charge, and not for an overabundance of fouls. Majerle just didn't
>show up on the defensive end. (Of course, Ced *never* plays D...)

Jordan was too quick for Majerle. Dan could guard MJ in the post, but MJ drove
right past him. That's why they had KJ guard him in game 3. About the second
to last basket in Game 6 of the finals, Pippen was holding Majerle. That's why
he didn't get in front of Jordan.

>Thunder Dan's game has grossly deteriorated with his new role in the team; he's
>become too inconsistent and only rarely penetrates more than twice a game.

The team needed him to play differently. Majerle wasn't a big 3-point shooter,
though he always felt that he could hit the shot. His shot is pretty streaky
and he needs to drive more, but the Suns REALLY need his 3-point shooting.
It loosens up a team's interior defense, which allows KJ to drive and Barkley
to work inside.

>But when he does, I'll grant you that he's the best defensive off guard in the
>Pacific Division. But all this is merely argumentative. We're still gonna win

marc echeveste

May 8, 1994, 3:11:28 AM5/8/94
As I had predicted, the Woof Gods would strike down Seattle for their
brazen woofing. However, I must say I *WAS* surprised to see how
quickly they subjected the Sonics to their wrath. I guess we don't have
to worry about the Suns overlooking Houston for the Sonics!

Go Suns!
Beat Houston!!!

robert_souza

May 9, 1994, 3:00:36 AM5/9/94
In article <2qhf8i$2...@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Nicholas....@dartmouth.edu (Nick Gansner) writes:

>Yes!!! The pathetic Sonics have blown a great season to the even more
>pathetic Nuggets. The Houston series will be tough, but Phoenix just
>has more weapons than the Rockets. They will pull it out. Phoenix in
>six. After that, Utah or Denver; who cares? Neither one is deep
>enough to give Thunder and company any trouble. We are looking good and
>Charles wants it bad. Go Suns!!!

Oh yes! I did enjoy watching the sunken faces of Kemp and his boyz when the final buzzer sounded! Bahaha! The Nuggets pulled off what no one thought they ever could.. three games straight.. da backdoor sweep BAB-EEEE.

Suns took care of business in the first game in Houston.. coming back from an 18 point deficit.. Once KJ stopped the damn suicide drives, all was well. Everyone looked good, and it was heartening seeing Miller returning to form.. (ie.. First his rebound/blk-shots numbers increase, and THEN his offense returns)

Personally I'm still reeling from Bark's 56 point outting..

Sonics? Maybe next year.. consider this a "character builder".. Har!

-=*=- RS -=*=-

marc echeveste

May 10, 1994, 2:58:02 AM5/10/94
In article <rp06650-09...@manes.sps.mot.com> rp0...@email.mot.com (Todd Manes) writes:
>In article <2qi3b0$b...@news.nd.edu>, mech...@twain.helios.nd.edu (marc

>echeveste) wrote:
>>
>> As I had predicted, the Woof Gods would strike down Seattle for their
>> brazen woofing. However, I must say I *WAS* surprised to see how
>> quickly they subjected the Sonics to their wrath. I guess we don't have
>> to worry about the Suns overlooking Houston for the Sonics!
>>
>> Go Suns!
>> Beat Houston!!!
>>

>Let it be a lesson to Suns fans! Premature woofing can have
>disastrous side effects.

Indeed. The players seem to be pretty focused, though, which is good.
They say they aren't satisfied with one game... I hope they play like it
Weds...